brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Has this always been a rule on 5dimes?

Basketball Wagering
    Concluded NBA games are official after 43 minutes of play. Concluded basketball games scheduled for 40 minutes are official after 35 minutes of play.
    Overtime scoring is included in the total when wagering on total scores. Overtime scoring is included in full game and second half wagers.

During halftime of the UCF/Temple game I made a live wager on temple +1 for the 2nd half.. they end up losing the 2nd half 37-36... so I thought it was gonna be a push.. UCF ends up winning by 5 in double OT and my bet loses, so I check the dimes rules and I saw nothing about overtime or anything like that in the basketball section. I end up calling for live help to beg (lol) for my $20 parlay to be a push instead of a loss and I talk to Isabella who was really nice and I explain the situation and she said they would review it and to get back at them in 30 minutes... I end up live chatting them 45min later and talking to George who was QUICK to inform me that the rules say that OT is included in 2nd half wagers. So I asked where in the rules it said that and he linked me to the same exact rules I read before but the bold overtime sentence was added...

I say to George "that's funny I don't remember seeing that rule 45 minutes ago"
    and George responds "Thank you for choosing 5dimes. Is there anything else I can assist you with?"
    keep my $20 george you schemer

But really... did I perhaps over look this rule? and maybe Isabella just wasn't quite familiar with the rules at the time??? .... OR did George and Isabella change the rules to take my $20 to split between them

I'm high enough to think the ladder right now

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

2nd half includes any OT. It's part of the wager

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    2nd half includes any OT. It's part of the wager
    they should make that clear if that's the case... because when i looked before the only OT rules were about NBA and it said 4th quarter bets did NOT include OT... so i was kinda going off that

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

2nd half bets have always included ot

At every book

You new to betting? Same thing football nba

Go to Dsi or any other American book

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Yeah, 2nd half bets have always included OT. I've never seen it any other way.

Tough break. I hate when bets lose because of OT.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Brodie - It's everywhere man. All 2H sides include OT. Vegas Rule as well. If you're new to wagering... you'll get the hang of it. No big deal.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Must not wager much?

brodie
    you got the juice now

i never live wager on college ball... i'm more of a ML type of guy. thanks for the input good to know for the future... although i doubt i'll be making many 2nd half plays anytime soon

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

not just 5dimes. if you make a 2nd half wager, overtimes are always included.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    they should make that clear if that's the case... because when i looked before the only OT rules were about NBA and it said 4th quarter bets did NOT include OT... so i was kinda going off that
    Yes. Cause the 4th quarter is literally the 4th quarter.

2nd half means from halftime to end of the game.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Don't listen to these guys. They wanted to cheat you out of $20 and edited that rule immediately when you inquired.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: davidchong

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

If I were you I would adjust my model for the possibility of OT when betting any second half.

Seriously though, it's pretty common. I get how you would fell somehow cheated because you didn't know, but this one time it seems 5dimes didn't really cheat anyone.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Brodie it happened to me a while ago. Same as you I didn't know the rules, so I contacted them. After overlooking everything it does state that any OT is part of the second half. Sucks in this situation but if you had bet the over then you would be pumped because of the OT's.

bihon
    bihon's Avatar Become A Pro!

But really... did I perhaps over look this rule? and maybe Isabella just wasn't quite familiar with the rules at the time??? .... OR did George and Isabella change the rules to take my $20 to split between them
    You can always check Archive to find it out (unless not tracked).
    According to this you simply overlooked the rule: https://web.archive.org/web/20140221.../sb_rules.html

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

i never live wager on college ball... i'm more of a ML type of guy. thanks for the input good to know for the future... although i doubt i'll be making many 2nd half plays anytime soon

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14038

with everyone else - always been that way everywhere - half bets include OT fourth quarter bets don't.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

it's not just live wagering.
    its UNIVERSAL that 2nd H includes overtime.

its been like that since moses burnt the bush son

you're really grasping at straws here because you lost
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Second half includes overtime is the industry standard, so even if it wasn't specifically stated in the rules, remember that if something is not explicitly stated, the Vegas standard applies. However, I could have sworn I saw rules at 5 Dimes that had that last sentence a long time ago?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Maybe it was a 3-way wager...

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Nothing to add to what has already been said. Same at EVERY book.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10723

Yes OT is included in the 2nd Half. Although if you are new to betting and explained that to them i am surprised they would not let a $20 bet slide just 1 time .

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Yes OT is included in the 2nd Half. Although if you are new to betting and explained that to them i am surprised they would not let a $20 bet slide just 1 time .
    Why? They can't regrade his bet because he didn't know the rules. Whether its $1 or $1,000 it's a dangerous precedent to set.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10723

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Why? They can't regrade his bet because he didn't know the rules. Whether its $1 or $1,000 it's a dangerous precedent to set.
    I guess because if it was his first bet and he was nice about it and it was a low amount they could have let it slide . I see what you are saying but how many first bets are going to be a situation like this. Now if someone has played there a couple months then they should have enough experience to know how different bets work. In the end of course they do not have to do anything. But it speaks volumes when someone cuts someone a small break like that.

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

it's latter not ladder .......

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

During halftime of the UCF/Temple game I made a live wager on temple +1 for the 2nd half.. they end up losing the 2nd half 37-36... so I thought it was gonna be a push.. UCF ends up winning by 5 in double OT and my bet loses, so I check the dimes rules and I saw nothing about overtime or anything like that in the basketball section. I end up calling for live help to beg (lol) for my $20 parlay to be a push instead of a loss and I talk to Isabella who was really nice and I explain the situation and she said they would review it and to get back at them in 30 minutes... I end up live chatting them 45min later and talking to George who was QUICK to inform me that the rules say that OT is included in 2nd half wagers. So I asked where in the rules it said that and he linked me to the same exact rules I read before but the bold overtime sentence was added...

I say to George "that's funny I don't remember seeing that rule 45 minutes ago"
    and George responds "Thank you for choosing 5dimes. Is there anything else I can assist you with?"
    keep my $20 george you schemer

I'm high enough to think the ladder right now
    Go back to Wagering 101. You obviously flunked.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I think the entire Betting Industry pulled a fast one on you yesterday...there was a conspiracy to get your $20....I've never heard of a rule like that anywhere in my life

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

did Isabella sound hot?

batman44
    batman44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

the second half has always included overtime since ive betted.everyt book is like that.iam sorrif it didn o your way man.

batman44
    batman44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

every book is like that and iam sorry you lost and my shitty writing.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

That was unwise. The industry standard is that 2nd half bets include all overtimes. I can't bring myself to criticizing any book which goes along with the industry standard.

We've probably all had our little lessons with rules. I remember ~15 years ago, I thought I won my "under" on an NFL preseason game that was suspended in the 3rd quarter and called final. My bookie explained to me why I was wrong and I did my research and it turns out he was right, no action on such a game.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Tony says go fukk yourself pally

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

lol rookies

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Don't listen to these guys. They wanted to cheat you out of $20 and edited that rule immediately when you inquired.
    Benny the bastard bookie