BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I may be late but here's an amazing thing I just saw on Netflix about RA Dickey

Just watched "Knuckleball" on Netflix.

Awesome documentary about R.A. Dickey and Tim Wakefield's journeys to become successful MLB players.

Most of you have probably seen it but anyone who hasn't, should definitely do so.

I knew most of Dickey's story with the missing ligament in his elbow and of course how he was a great comeback story, but one of the most unbelievable things to imagine:

Dickey signed 14 straight one year NON-GUARANTEED contracts!!!!

He talks about how he had to drag his family all over the country year after year.
    Talk about never giving up and having a pretty fukkin awesome and supporting wife.

This really is one of the best stories you'll hear about in sports.

If you missed this one like I did (The documentary is 3 years old now I believe), go check it out.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Just watched "Knuckleball" on Netflix.

Awesome documentary about R.A. Dickey and Tim Wakefield's journeys to become successful MLB players.

Most of you have probably seen it but anyone who hasn't, should definitely do so.

I knew most of Dickey's story with the missing ligament in his elbow and of course how he was a great comeback story, but one of the most unbelievable things to imagine:

Dickey signed 14 straight one year NON-GUARANTEED contracts!!!!

He talks about how he had to drag his family all over the country year after year.
    Talk about never giving up and having a pretty fukkin awesome and supporting wife.

This really is one of the best stories you'll hear about in sports.

If you missed this one like I did (The documentary is 3 years old now I believe), go check it out.
    He seems like a good guy.

Anyone who is blessed enough to paid any amount of money for any amount of time... 1 year or not.... to play baseball is pretty fukking lucky in my eyes.

i would give my left nut and a toe on each foot to play 1 year of minor league ball.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    He seems like a good guy.

Anyone who is blessed enough to paid any amount of money for any amount of time... 1 year or not.... to play baseball is pretty fukking lucky in my eyes.

i would give my left nut and a toe on each foot to play 1 year of minor league ball.
    Yeah, I always say I'd mow the fukkin lawns on a baseball field anyday in a Big league stadium. Anything to be around it.