No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

McCaffery shuts off Twitter for Iowa basketball players

If you watched the Iowa-Wisconsin game the other day, Zach McCabe's game tying three point shot late was just a little short of the rim . Well, he jumped on Twitter afterward to defend himself, saying: "The fact that I have Iowa fans saying shit me is insane... You fans suck... Suck a fat one all of you."

What a dumbass. The biggest shot of your life barely gets halfway to the rim, and you respond afterward by seeing what social media has to say about you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ccabe/5786381/

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

McCaffery is an idiot and a hot head.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

bad tweet. obviously he sucks and shouldn't be taking the last shot with the shit game he was having.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Hot head yes, idiot? Hardly.
    He took a garbage program over at Sienna, one of the worst programs in the nation, and made them into a NCAA tourney team.
    He won three consecutive MAAC titles, upset Vanderbilt in '08 in the tournament, next round gave Villanova all they could handle before losing.

In '09 Sienna upset Ohio State in the NCAA then almost pulled off the upset of the century losing to Louisville 79-72.

His Sienna teams came up to Fairfield once a year, we always gave him shit, he'd turn red as a beet.

Idiot? No

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    He's done a pretty good job at Iowa so far, but they've been bad in close games, which is a poor reflection of his in-game coaching adjustments. His rotations have been awful in the games I've watched this year, too.

wizcodlifa
    wizcodlifa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1173

Fran's only problem is that he gets conservative too early. At like the 5 min mark he slows them down, when we are a fast / up tempo team. And it kills us everytime. We can't run an offense in the halfcourt. So the last 5 minutes of games he relies strictly on defense and against good teams it kills us. He needs to keep playing our style until about 2 min left, then slow it down.

wizcodlifa

But for someone to say he's an idiot is ridiculous. We got Marble because he reached out to him. Got a good recruiting class in Wood and Mike because of him. Plus Basabe and Aaron White were his recruits. He is a heinous at taking 1-3 star recruits and getting their max potential out of them and finding the so called steals. He is an above average coach and a top 4 coach in the big 10 with two weaknesses. His crazy temper and his late game performances

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by wizcodlifa View Post
    Fran's only problem is that he gets conservative too early. At like the 5 min mark he slows them down, when we are a fast / up tempo team. And it kills us everytime. We can't run an offense in the halfcourt. So the last 5 minutes of games he relies strictly on defense and against good teams it kills us. He needs to keep playing our style until about 2 min left, then slow it down.
    Team lacks a true PG.

wizcodlifa

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    He's done a pretty good job at Iowa so far, but they've been bad in close games, which is a poor reflection of his in-game coaching adjustments. His rotations have been awful in the games I've watched this year, too.

His rotations are fine, besides the one player he tends to play way too much!!!!

ZACH MCCABE!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

His rotations are fine, besides the one player he tends to play way too much!!!!

ZACH MCCABE!
    He plays McCabe and Woodbury too much.

wizcodlifa

I disagree. Mike has an above 3 assist to turnover ratio. Shoots the ball really well and plays great defense. How's he not a true pg?

wizcodlifa

Woodbury I can see why. He still believes in his potential. He blocks shots, rebounds, and is a great passer. But McCabe does nothing for us..

n this his is coming from an Iowa fan who hasn't missed a game all year.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I disagree. Mike has an above 3 assist to turnover ratio. Shoots the ball really well and plays great defense. How's he not a true pg?
    Because he still looks for his shot first. He's a scoring PG. This particular team needs a distributor first.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Woodbury I can see why. He still believes in his potential. He blocks shots, rebounds, and is a great passer. But McCabe does nothing for us..

n this his is coming from an Iowa fan who hasn't missed a game all year.
    We'll have to agree to disagree re: Woodbury. He looks like a stiff to me.

wizcodlifa

See no coin you must not have watched man games this year.. He actually doesn't shoot enough. Defers to Marble a lot!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

See no coin you must not have watched man games this year.. He actually doesn't shoot enough. Defers to Marble a lot!
    I've watched Iowa play six or seven times from start to finish. I agree that Gesell would be a good point on most teams -- I just don't think he fits on this one. You could've built a house with the bricks he was throwing up in the first half against Wisconsin on Saturday, yet he kept firing away.

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

good. and anyone hating on Fran does not know basketball

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

McCabe is historically awful. It's really funny to just watch him and him alone when he's in and ignore the ball and other players. He plays lost so often and Hawkeyes fans know it.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I applaud him for cutting the team off from twitter......it's a complete waste of time and has nothing to do with becoming a better player or a better team.