tadydat
    tadydat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

2 team parlay theory

New member here, searched and didnt really see anything discussing this. First let me start by saying im a life long horse racing bettor. Now in horse racing I play exactas and I look for horses that lay over, say 1/2, 1/5 odds and I play exactas off of that horse. Now what I have been doing is playing 2 teams parlays with the first play being a huge money line favorite -450 -500. Im looking for a huge talent disparity so college football and basketball seem to be better then pro sports. So lets take tonight for example. Oregon State is -450 favorite, I dont think they can lose to Wash St. and I also like Valpo +9, whether you think these are good plays are not to the point btw. So Im using the Orgegon State game to add value to my Valpo bet. So rather then straight betting Valpo +9 and laying 110-100 I am "keying" valpo off of the oregon st game and getting +133 on my valpo bet. Does this make sense to anyone? or am I campletely wrong

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Tatddy's cousin?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Tatddy's father?

tadydat

both

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273413

ur just hurting the value of your key valpo bet by adding on a negative ROI monely line to it...

avoid that unless you think you have an overlay on the ML really an overlay not a I dont think they will lose sort of thought process..then you can use parlays at some books to get more action on your key games if you limit the straight wager...

other than that I cant think of a valid reason to do what you suggest..its NOthing like a parimutual exacta situation with the 1/2 on top. which are almost always underlays anyway due to high horse racing take out in exotic pools..

but love to see a new guy and a horse guy posting!

what tracks you follow most? and dogs or harness mixed in?

tadydat

I actually train/own harness horses. I see what you are saying regarding the math, I was just looking from a practical view to get better odds on my Valpo with the thinking that Oregon is going to win that game 90% of the time.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I agree with tryx3, especially in CBB where as anything can happen. Oregon St for instance should not lose that game, yet BC beat Cuse last night and things like that happen all the time. So like he said you are hurting the game that you really like by throwing that in there. Either way welcome and GL with your bets.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

tatddys uncle?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

taddy's nephew?

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233