romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    SEC is 12 -2 in the ncaa, nit and cbi. 3 out of 3 teams in the sweet 16. Ironically, the selection committee put UK and Tennessee in the same region which is stupid as shit. I guess they didn't want 3 SEC teams in the Final 4.
    MAC!! You know that's right buddy!!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Just terrible...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

so hard to compare conferences anymore as it is usually the opposite of what people think just like gambling.

calebepley93
    calebepley93's Avatar Become A Pro!

I said it before the tournament - the SEC was under rated this year. Arkansas was a legitimate tournament team; their BPI was in the mid 30's and they beat UK twice. You could make a strong for Missouri to be in too.. their BPI was in the 40's and they had non-conference wins over UCLA, NC State, and Xavier. Yet those two teams were barely on the bubble. Tennessee and Kentucky were two of the most under-seeded teams in the tournament (Louisville is up there as well), UK should have fell in 5-6 range and Tennessee in the 8-9.

Until the committee starts using reliable means to evaluate teams (computer models that aren't the RPI) instead of their random subjectivity you will continue to see these stupid seedings.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    SEC only gets 3 teams in the tourney, Tennessee is the third.
    Quote Originally Posted by romoney View Post
    7-0 in the tourney..pretty good and a possible Natl Champ contender..

SEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    SEC is 12 -2 in the ncaa, nit and cbi. 3 out of 3 teams in the sweet 16. Ironically, the selection committee put UK and Tennessee in the same region which is stupid as shit. I guess they didn't want 3 SEC teams in the Final 4.
    You guys are getting sidetracked, the point of this thread was that the SEC as a whole is weak, and yes it is. It has three very good teams that can beat anyone, but nothing else really and the best of the rest are nit/cbi quality, so their success there is not as meaningful. SEC got the fewest teams in the NCAA of any major conference.

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

You guys are getting sidetracked, the point of this thread was that the SEC as a whole is weak, and yes it is. It has three very good teams that can beat anyone, but nothing else really and the best of the rest are nit/cbi quality, so their success there is not as meaningful. SEC got the fewest teams in the NCAA of any major conference.
    Ironic that most of the other SEC teams you say suck. Florida had to have late comebacks and had narrow wins against Ole Miss, Vandy, and Auby. Most of their wins were in the 8pt and less range. So saying the conference as a whole is weak is a very vague statement. If that's true it goes to show how bad the ACC might be since it blew out a middle of the road team in that league in Pitt. TN blew out UVA who everyone talks about being the most dominant team right now and was the top team in the ACC right? I mean TN was only the 3rd best SEC team right? This thread cracks me up.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

If one of the 3 SEC schools make it to the big one or win it outright....we'll here the opposite of what we do in football.....oh the BCS loves the SEC what if they had a tournament like in basketball

We'll let gymnastics slide although thats SEC dominated as well but Omaha is filled with #1 and #2 the last few years, six years running in the CWS final....football is a no brainer....even golf was won by the SEC last season.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
    Ironic that most of the other SEC teams you say suck. Florida had to have late comebacks and had narrow wins against Ole Miss, Vandy, and Auby. Most of their wins were in the 8pt and less range. So saying the conference as a whole is weak is a very vague statement. If that's true it goes to show how bad the ACC might be since it blew out a middle of the road team in that league in Pitt. TN blew out UVA who everyone talks about being the most dominant team right now and was the top team in the ACC right? I mean TN was only the 3rd best SEC team right? This thread cracks me up.
    Nothing you said contradicts what I said about the SEC having three good teams that can beat anyone. Just the fact that they only got three teams in in a year where there was very little debate about tourney snubs other than SMU speaks volumes about the conference as a whole. Facts are facts. Even the Atlantic 10 had double the teams in as the SEC.

tsimmns

Nothing you said contradicts what I said about the SEC having three good teams that can beat anyone. Just the fact that they only got three teams in in a year where there was very little debate about tourney snubs other than SMU speaks volumes about the conference as a whole. Facts are facts. Even the Atlantic 10 had double the teams in as the SEC.
    Mizzou beat UCLA and NCSTATE. Heck I guess an average of the road team in the SEC can beat anyone as well. I mean we all know the Pac-12 is hanging it's hat on UCLA right now right to knock off FL.

LSU beat one of those A-10 teams you speak of in St. Joes. I mean they are all gone except 1 right? Great analysis.

I guess it's true that any SEC team can beat anyone as well. Your statement is the dumbest post I have read. Of course any team can beat anyone, I mean App State beat the greatest powerhouse in college football in Michigan a few years ago right? Of course since we have 2 SEC teams in the same region it's a shame you won't get to see all 3 advance farther than you will these other conferences.

tsimmns

LOL. Fewest teams in and more teams remaining than the ACC, A-10(you know the team that got double the teams in than us), and tied with the Big10. Bam, this conference is bad...really bad.

LT Profits

Mizzou beat UCLA and NCSTATE. Heck I guess an average of the road team in the SEC can beat anyone as well. I mean we all know the Pac-12 is hanging it's hat on UCLA right now right to knock off FL.

LSU beat one of those A-10 teams you speak of in St. Joes. I mean they are all gone except 1 right? Great analysis.

I guess it's true that any SEC team can beat anyone as well. Your statement is the dumbest post I have read. Of course any team can beat anyone, I mean App State beat the greatest powerhouse in college football in Michigan a few years ago right? Of course since we have 2 SEC teams in the same region it's a shame you won't get to see all 3 advance farther than you will these other conferences.
    Stop being a smart-ass, you know what I meant. Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee are GOOD ENOUGH to beat any team at any time. Of course everyone else rises up to pull the occasional upset, that can be said about just about any team in the country.

LT Profits

LOL. Fewest teams in and more teams remaining than the ACC, A-10(you know the team that got double the teams in than us), and tied with the Big10. Bam, this conference is bad...really bad.
    Totally irrelevant, we are talking about conference depth here. Nobody is knocking the Big Three, they deserve to be there and to still be alive. The whole point of the entire thread is that they are the only three SEC teams that deserve to be in the tournament, and nobody really put up much of an argument to dispute that when the field was announced.

tsimmns

Stop being a smart-ass, you know what I meant. Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee are GOOD ENOUGH to beat any team at any time. Of course everyone else rises up to pull the occasional upset, that can be said about just about any team in the country.
    LT I really have just been messing with you. However, you could of easily had at least one more SEC team in. IMO Mizzou or Arky could have made it. I mean in Mizzou's case what do you want them to do. They scheduled a tough out of conference schedule and have the loss to IL in that time. Their in conference record wasn't great, but they played UT twice going 1-1 and losing to FL by 10 and UK by 5. They also only lost two home games all year.

Who do you possibly replace them with in the tourney? Who knows, but I think they would of gave a better match up than some other teams. In all fairness, I really could care less as it comes down to who wins. It's always nice to see who gets in and doesn't, but unless you win none of this who should of been in matters in my mind.

In other news, this site is about finding winners so I'll get back to doing that.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Who cares how many teams made it?? The committee is made up of a bunch of crooked bums without a clue.....See the Midwest Region

So you don't think teams like Mizzou, Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU couldn't hang with the bubble teams that made the tourney that went one and done??

I hope the SEC takes it down just to rub it in more

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Thread title is misleading makes it seem like the entire conf sucks but its clear the three teams from the sec that are in this tourney are balling and theyre damn good

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Thread title is misleading makes it seem like the entire conf sucks but its clear the three teams from the sec that are in this tourney are balling and theyre damn good
    No doubt, that was never a dispute.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

As long as past results and perceptions exist you will always have this conundrum. Next year the Kentucky wildcats will be ranked very high, not because of who is coming back, but by who is coming in, based on high school talent. That is no better than what the selection does. The selection committee changes criteria, hems and haws, and just flat out screws team in the seeding department based on names on uniforms and 1/35 of a season. You mean to tell me because smu lost to Houston they don't get in the tourney? Bullshit!!!!! Teams get in or are left out base on their last game over the course of an entire season? Double bullshit!!!! Crooked as can be but widely accepted as the committee doing a good job every year. The same committee who will pay themselves first and then claim poverty when it's time to pay the labor. Triple bullshit. Yet they will do the same shit next year and get away with it.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Yeah terrible conference. Just 2 of the final 4 teams.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Yeah terrible conference. Just 2 of the final 4 teams.
    for the umteenth time the top of the conf is great the middle and lower tier sucks which is why only 3 teams got in and one of them (tenn) was a play in team not the top 64 in. Sec got fewer teams in then any major conf. I backed the sec a month ago but i was wrong. It stunk this year

miamiken
    miamiken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Lifetime SEC Fan

I'm a huge SEC fan. Been a UK fan all my life. I agree that overall this might have been the worst year for SEC basketball as a whole. I've watched for many many years and there were some really bad teams this year. 11-1 for the 3 teams that made it to the tourney is outstanding. But other than that, the rest of the league was mediocre at best. But, as usual, some conferences were over rated some over achieved. So it's hard to say which conference is actually the best. But it wasn't the SEC this year.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Just as good as the Big East, not quite as good as Big 10, Big 12 almost as good as PAC12 or ACC.
    SEC is OK, not the elite conferernce, not dog shit either.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

SEC put two teams in the Final Four and both teams are favored to win their games on Saturday.

Weak..lol

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

SEC Basketball isn't at a high level...at least not where they want it. Even Slive said that 2 weeks ago.

The ACC had a National Champion & Orange Bowl winner, but does that make them a better football conference than the SEC? ...no

miamiken
    miamiken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Good point! Not even close to the SEC in football!!!

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11612

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    SEC put two teams in the Final Four and both teams are favored to win their games on Saturday.

Weak..lol
    What exactly is the UK program, anyway - Calipari's program just happens to be in the SEC, the 1-and-done model is a travesty that doesn't do much for other SEC programs. Can you imagine recruiting for Vanderbilt - "and you get to compete against a new Kentucky team every year!" Stupid.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

Weak..lol
    True, but the bottom SEC teams are weak ass.

First 12