CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

I am convinced Travis Ford is the worst coach in the Country...

No one does less with more.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

no sir. that would be les miles , worst ever in history of time on earth ....fact

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

leanord hamilton come on now

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Scott Drew and Travis Ford both suck at actual coaching and are in the same conference. They can recruit but I think both recruit in shady ways.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nah, his team has had some bad luck. His PG is an idiot, and injury has been crippling.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

In no particular order:

Ford, Drew, Lorenzo Romar. Pretty much the Mount Rushmore of shitty in-game coaches.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Nah, his team has had some bad luck. His PG is an idiot, and injury has been crippling.
    No team with Nash, Brown and Smart should be losing the way they're losing.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Best conference in America, injuries throw off weird shit, and smart really isn't as good as hyped. Nash probably better than hyped.

That said, Barnes and Romar have this title on lock for a long time.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Best conference in America, injuries throw off weird shit, and smart really isn't as good as hyped. Nash probably better than hyped.

That said, Barnes and Romar have this title on lock for a long time.
    Normally I would agree with Barnes as a lead candidate, but somehow, Texas is actually overachieving this year. So he gets a temporary reprieve from me.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Jim Boeheim...and I'm a diehard Syracuse basketball fan and I was also a huge Big East fan...talk about doing less with more...for the last 35+ years, he gets some of the best recruits in the country and out of the NYC area...Yes, he has lots of "W"'s and conference titles and yes he is nearing Mike Shasheffski for most wins by a Division 1 coach but the fact of the matter is the Orange are constantly choking in the tournament and getting upset by lower seeds...year after year, it seems to happen...3 championship game appearances but only one title...Hell, he should have about 7 with all of those talented teams that he has had in the past....he is a great recruiter...I'll give him that.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    In no particular order:

Ford, Drew, Lorenzo Romar. Pretty much the Mount Rushmore of shitty in-game coaches.
    mark gottfried would like to check in

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I was a Barnes critic before this year but he has proven me wrong

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I also think Tom Crean and Leonard Hamilton are bad coaches

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Good game by rubio tonight, cnmoney. Tell Love to pass the ball more instead of hogging all the shots and the Wolves might win a few more games.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Travis Ford

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

they are gonna miss the tournament

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of bad coaches

Many guys cape of coaching only, not a bad way

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

that is why I am broke I cap off of talent

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Jim Boeheim...and I'm a diehard Syracuse basketball fan and I was also a huge Big East fan...talk about doing less with more...for the last 35+ years, he gets some of the best recruits in the country and out of the NYC area...Yes, he has lots of "W"'s and conference titles and yes he is nearing Mike Shasheffski for most wins by a Division 1 coach but the fact of the matter is the Orange are constantly choking in the tournament and getting upset by lower seeds...year after year, it seems to happen...3 championship game appearances but only one title...Hell, he should have about 7 with all of those talented teams that he has had in the past....he is a great recruiter...I'll give him that.
    Lol. Yeah you're right, the man who is 2nd to only Mike Shasheffski in D1 wins is the worst coach of all time....lmao. I'm sure Syracuse would trade for Travis Ford in a second.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Quote Originally Posted by ScurvyPirate View Post
    Lol. Yeah you're right, the man who is 2nd to only Mike Shasheffski in D1 wins is the worst coach of all time....lmao. I'm sure Syracuse would trade for Travis Ford in a second.
    Like I said, excellent recruiter but mediocre coach...hell, coaching for 35+ years he should rack up some "W"'s...Just like Jim Phelan, the former Mt.ST.Mary's coach who has 830 wins and is in 7th place all-time...but I guarantee you the vast majority of sports fans and SBR Posters have never heard of him...and it bears repeating, the number of times Boeheim's teams have lost to inferior talent and lower seeds in the NCAA tournament...In 1986, lost in the second round as a #2 seed, 1988 lost to Rhode Island in the second round as a #3 seed, 1990 eliminated in the sweet sixteen as a #2 seed, 1991 became the first #2 seed to lose to a #15 (Richmond Spiders), lost to Vermont in the first round as a heavy favorite, etc, etc, etc...I could go on and on, but you get the point...bottom line, for a coach that gets McDonald's all-americans and NBA talent year in and year out, Boeheim should have at least a bare minimum of 5 national championships by this stage in his tenure.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

lmao you are a dumb ass. you dont stay at the same school for 35 years if you cant coach. of course you are going to lose to lesser teams sometimes, especially when you are in the tourney every penetrating year. 4 final fours and 52-29 record in tourney. yeah he is no good lmao 11 sweet sixteens, 2 elite eights, 2 ncaa runner ups and one national title, fire that guy immediately lol

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Its conference play, OSU aint all that to me, even before the losing, they are undersized, only gonna win so many when you lack the size that they lack.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Ive said this over and over and nobody understands, least somebody gets it. With that said he has alot of wins, Im just going by the offensive sets, they are horrible, guess after so many years isnt gonna go through the trouble of teaching kids good sets to run and just try to get the best, lengthiest talent you can find.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Ford not even first or second worst in his conference (Rick Barnes, Scott Drew). He is bad, though.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

FSU coach is right up there. With the talent he has they should have a lot better of a record!!

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Ford not even first or second worst in his conference (Rick Barnes, Scott Drew). He is bad, though.
    How is he worse than Barnes or Drew?

Ford has 1 NCAA tournament win in six seasons at OSU. One, in six f'ing seasons.

Barnes has made the NCAA tournament every single season at Texas except for last year. He has made a final four and been to 3 elite 8's.

Drew took over an absolutely GARBAGE program and has been to 2 elite 8's at Baylor.

Words honestly can't describe just how bad Ford is. He has EVERYTHING at OSU. Facilities, private jets for recruiting, huge contract ect ect. He is an absolute DISASTER.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO

Worst.Coach.In.The.Entire.County

No one does less with more.

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    no sir. that would be les miles , worst ever in history of time on earth ....fact
    Winning a National Championship gets you excluded from this list.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Didn't les win 2?

This game makes it look worse... mark few calls timeout. Team goes on 9 to 2 run

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I can't believe that T Boone doesn't have him fired by Monday morning....the rumors have been running wild the last couple of weeks...and this is probably the last straw for him

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

that was the gayest game ive ever seen. and i had gonzaga -2.5 +220

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    leanord hamilton come on now
    You are correct, he is by far the worst!!

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

ok hamilton is terrible. they should have went to the final 4 years ago but instead he stood there like a dumbass versus vcu

Fratman
    Fratman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Mic Cronin hands down.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I don't know...the people at Missouri would have an argument with Frank Haith right now...that guy gives any of those jabroni's a run for their money

12 Last