Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Devils what a bunch of bums!

lead the whole game 1-0, I watch this boring azz defensive stand off without many shots no fights but I watch anyways. They let a goal in with 2 minutes left in game and then another 2 mins into OT. Ruin an otherwise great night.

BUMS

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

devils suck bro....so do the rangers and islanders

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

thats the Devils for ya, its all about defense, we can't score

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

jagr didn't score once in boston.......

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

I hate a 1 goal lead and hedge more often than not after the 2P

It's a funny sport where a 1 goal lead only leads to being shorthanded for atleast a minute at the end.

not a bad beat, just NHL hockey

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

They lost to a far better team. Is anybody surprised? I would never ever bet on the Devils (this season).

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

The funny thing is that in their last game they gave up the tying goal with 11 seconds left and the the winner 1:29 into OT. I had them both games of course.

And for those that think NJ is terrible.....this is a dangerous team that will make the playoffs and could easily go a round or two. I would not want to play them in round 1 as a 1 or 2 seed.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

They hit the post like 5 times. Played well considering the team they were playing is much better.

CatHawk
    Update your status
    CatHawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3609

Bet Devils? Maybe on some nights... They actually play good teams well, sometimes. Their scoring has been terrible though. I stay away from the Devils ML lately because of examples like tonight.

If you're going to put money on a devils' game, taking the under on their home ice is the way to go... ML is a nail bitter for this team because their defense will keep games close.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

What makes you so confident in the devils D2D? I think they are somewhat of a dark horse but I don't see them beating any legitimate top caliber teams, which is who they would likely play on the road. (11-20 overall road record) it's the nhl though, anything is possible. But from what I've seen from the devils this year I'm hardly impressed. Thought they'd be a lot better. They got too many old guys who are top players, this isn't 2003.

CatHawk
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    The funny thing is that in their last game they gave up the tying goal with 11 seconds left and the the winner 1:29 into OT. I had them both games of course.

And for those that think NJ is terrible.....this is a dangerous team that will make the playoffs and could easily go a round or two. I would not want to play them in round 1 as a 1 or 2 seed.
    I agree for the most part. Devils can play grind it out defense, and it is notoriously hard to score on them at home. Very frustrating defense to opposing forwards. Defense is important in the playoffs

3 points back for tying 3rd in their division. They are definitely not out of the race but if they are going to make the playoffs they will need some scoring upheaval. But they can beat high class teams; Blues, Penguins(2x), Ducks, Bolts(2x), Bruins
    Last edited by CatHawk; 02-04-14 at 01:22 AM.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Are the Devils really 0-8 in shootouts? Yeah... They have no chance.

CatHawk
    Update your status

Jeez 0-8? That's freakin terrible.

Mitchell88

hockey so up and down I mean look at the sharks last night. Never saw that coming. A lot of people were on Vancouver also, last night was an odd night for NHL

CatHawk
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    hockey so up and down I mean look at the sharks last night. Never saw that coming. A lot of people were on Vancouver also, last night was an odd night for NHL
    Really it has been a crazy few weeks. Favored teams have been losing a lot in that span. NHL is competitive in that way. Any team can win any night. I contribute it to the olympics coming up. Every team is trying to scrap for points before the break.

I almost went Canucks yesterday but stayed away because they are a bit of a mess lately and can't score. I thought maybe because of Torterella being back... but having a coach come back can go either way really, so I stayed away.

Anyways, GL tonight mitchell!

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

buried me as well

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by CatHawk View Post
    Really it has been a crazy few weeks. Favored teams have been losing a lot in that span. NHL is competitive in that way. Any team can win any night. I contribute it to the olympics coming up. Every team is trying to scrap for points before the break.

I almost went Canucks yesterday but stayed away because they are a bit of a mess lately and can't score. I thought maybe because of Torterella being back... but having a coach come back can go either way really, so I stayed away.

Anyways, GL tonight mitchell!
    yea the Olympics def having an effect right now. Might be a good time to pick some spots hit some good dogs. bol

CatHawk
    Update your status

Any dogs in mind tonight?? Thinking Stars or Flames off hand.

I'll post a thread...

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

jets

Mitchell88

I'll post a thread...
    yea post up a thread I still have more research

CatHawk
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    jets
    Any reasoning there?

Jets are playing well. Especially their goalie squad. They can definitely beat those Canes. What gives me pause here is Khudobin. If they start Khudobin Carolina maybe be a good pick. Or take the under... He has been solid (NHL star of the week, month). Also, the Canes have been taking care of business on their own end. Scoring and such. I will stay away from this game I think...

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll post a thread...
    Flames haven't racked off 5 wins straight since last season and they haven't gotten 6 staight since 2011. They're hot right now, but I think it has alot to do with the Olympics as well. I don't know if they can hit number six against a desperate Canadiens team at home though. Ad they hate each other, so I don't think the Olympics will be a factor in this game. The Stars seems like the better dog, to me.

CatHawk
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    Flames haven't racked off 5 wins straight since last season and they haven't gotten 6 staight since 2011. They're hot right now, but I think it has alot to do with the Olympics as well. I don't know if they can hit number six against a desperate Canadiens team at home though. Ad they hate each other, so I don't think the Olympics will be a factor in this game. The Stars seems like the better dog, to me.
    Good points. It is hard to win 6 games in a row especially a team like the Flames.

Mitchell88

does anyone have any info on the Toronto vs Panthers game tonight? There is some weird line movement and the public is all over florida and the money is all over Toronto. I also might take a shot at the PL with the bruins gonna be a tough night for Vancouver. like forthewin said the stars look like a good dog tonight.

CatHawk
    Update your status

I am going to take the bruins here too. The way Bruins have been scoring and the the way the Canucks have not, I am going for the Puckline too.

CatHawk
    Update your status

I am a Panthers fan and we always play the Leafs good. However, considering how the Leafs have been playing lately, I'm not sure about the line from earlier. It seems to be going in the right direction now. Panthers on home ice isn't that great of an advantage (10-11-4 at home). The only thing I can think is that we play them well every time. The last outing against them was a bit of a mess defensively for us, as are most of our games. I would like to say that Tim Thomas gives a chance to win but that is not true at all this season. He's letting up goals like clock work. Really the only thing we have is an offense that is starting to work together a little better. Bjugdstad, Huberdeau, Bergenheim, ... they are all meshing well. Our defense is just god awful though.

I'm seeing -120 for leafs now. Sounds about right to me.

CatHawk
    Update your status

Ya that Bruins game has revenge written all over it, Vancouver won rather easily first time out. I hope the canucks continue to suck....

Mitchell88

I am a Panthers fan and we always play the Leafs good. However, considering how the Leafs have been playing lately, I'm not sure about the line from earlier. It seems to be going in the right direction now. Panthers on home ice isn't that great of an advantage (10-11-4 at home). The only thing I can think is that we play them well every time. The last outing against them was a bit of a mess defensively for us, as are most of our games. I would like to say that Tim Thomas gives a chance to win but that is not true at all this season. He's letting up goals like clock work. Really the only thing we have is an offense that is starting to work together a little better. Bjugdstad, Huberdeau, Bergenheim, ... they are all meshing well. Our defense is just god awful though.

I'm seeing -120 for leafs now. Sounds about right to me.
    I think this is going to be a stay away or an over for me. Any thoughts on the over here?

CatHawk
    Update your status

Over is worth a shot. Panthers can't keep the puck out of the net lately.

Mitchell88

keep it going bruins

Mitchell88

cathawk did you go with PL bruins?

CatHawk
    Update your status

I DiD!! Woohoo!!

CatHawk
    Update your status

Hope you didnt take over on Panthers game. Glad they won though Good night for me. Especially if the stars pull this one out

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

at least you didn't have stl today man

CatHawk
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    at least you didn't have stl today man
    I did. I just saw I lost a parlay that I thought was good to go. Wtf happened??

12 Last