Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

If a bookmaker puts the wrong odds up

which are an obvious mistake but not "obvious" as in massively overpriced odds (say $101.00 odds on a team or player in a two horse field).... does the bookmaker have the right to void the bets placed and which were accepted?

I was up early to see odds on a tennis match between two women in Paris.... they put the favourite @ close to $5 and the outsider at $1.20 (odds switched around 30 minutes later)

My stake was limited to $200 for some reason but I kept on plugging away with 8 x $200 bets in a 4 minute period. In the end the bets cashed.... but I stopped at 8 thinking that they would get suspicious if I kepts on hammering it. If I kept on taking the $5 odds would they have the right to void the previous bets which were at the incorrect odds?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    which are an obvious mistake but not "obvious" as in massively overpriced odds (say $101.00 odds on a team or player in a two horse field).... does the bookmaker have the right to void the bets placed and which were accepted?

I was up early to see odds on a tennis match between two women in Paris.... they put the favourite @ close to $5 and the outsider at $1.20 (odds switched around 30 minutes later)

My stake was limited to $200 for some reason but I kept on plugging away with 8 x $200 bets in a 4 minute period. In the end the bets cashed.... but I stopped at 8 thinking that they would get suspicious if I kepts on hammering it. If I kept on taking the $5 odds would they have the right to void the previous bets which were at the incorrect odds?
    Most books have it listed in their rules that they'll void the bets and some people have reported the bets being corrected a few days after they were initially paid out. And then there are the books that will outright kick you from their book after voiding your bets especially if you repeatedly tried to hit the off line. My advice would be to check your book's rules and if it's an Aussie or Euro book or even say 5Dimes don't touch the money for awhile as chances are they'll be voided.

ohdecas
    ohdecas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

I had the same with Bwin. It was a Challanger match (this one http://www.tennisexplorer.com/match-detail/?id=1141912 ) Unlucky Bwin allowed me to bet only 20$ @ ~ 9.00 odds on Mayr but they paid the bet.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Punch you took a shot at a bookie, if you did that with a local you would be in trouble. I doubt you got paid??

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post

So they put someone at 20% chance to win whose true odds of winning were much more like 80%? Nah, not massively overpriced at all.

Bookmakers have to do that to satisfy their pro bono quota anyway, you're good. Ask for the blow job, too. Get the blonde chick.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Books do whatever they want.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Don't touch it.