LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    LT, in your opinion, what would the series price be for Miami vs. Indiana in the conf finals?

Miami HCA
    Indiana HCA

thanks
    Actually these teams are so close to even that whoever gets HCA will be around -130/+110

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

no way, i say more like -150 for the heat.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    no way, i say more like -150 for the heat.
    The home team will be -4 or -4.5 every game

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i'd say in the playoffs if everyone is healthy for both teams and are in game shape, it would be miami -5, -5.5 and okc -1, -1.5 at their homes.

but we'll see, indy's really hungry and san antonio will always put up a fight.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

OKC is the most over rated team in the NBA. They are built for the regular season but are not a championship team IMO because they rely too much on jump shots. Even Durant takes too many jump shots. Sure he shoots a high percentage but if you're not getting to the rim the long shots are not sustainable over a 7 game series.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Actually these teams are so close to even that whoever gets HCA will be around -130/+110
    Thx LT

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This will get close men

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    OKC is the most over rated team in the NBA. They are built for the regular season but are not a championship team IMO because they rely too much on jump shots. Even Durant takes too many jump shots. Sure he shoots a high percentage but if you're not getting to the rim the long shots are not sustainable over a 7 game series.
    common mac

They've had as much playoff success as anyone over the last 5 years other than Miami and maybe San Antonio. Just because they haven't won a championship doesn't mean they're overrated. And they're still young.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Built for the regular season yet they have won the West and advanced several rounds in The playoffs the last few years....

Lol

jjgold

here they come

BigDofBA

Westbrook has barely
    Played this year and OKC has the best record in the league.

The Kraken

JJ are you at the game tonight?

Mac4Lyfe

2010 - Lost to the Lakers in the first round (2-4)
    2011 - Lost in the Western Conference finals (1-4) to Dallas
    2012 - Lost to the Heat in the finals (1-4)
    2013 - Lost to Memphis in the Western semi finals (1-4)

What stands out in all these losses? They haven't even been competitive in those series. Every year they bow out of the playoffs in "wet the bed", crash and burn fashion. Every year they are hyped up as the best in the league but every year get dominated by somebody. At least take a series to a game 7 please.

common mac

They've had as much playoff success as anyone over the last 5 years other than Miami and maybe San Antonio. Just because they haven't won a championship doesn't mean they're overrated. And they're still young.

Mac4Lyfe

I think OKC is better without that ball hog and the results speak for themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Westbrook has barely
    Played this year and OKC has the best record in the league.

The Kraken

Dude you said they were built for the reg season and I just said they've had a lot of post season success. I didn't say they didn't get drummed in the series they lost. Last year has an asterisks next to it obviously

And the two years before that they were in the finals and the in the western conference finals. So I'd say they've had quite a bit of post-season success. They just haven't won it all yet.

I expect them to lose to Miami again this year in the finals. I don't think if that happens they were over rated, just playing a better team

BigDofBA

OKC is a top 4 team easily.

Anyone that thinks they're overrated doesn't have a clue.

Obviously Miami has a better team top to bottom but that doesn't mean OKC is overrated.

jjgold

Heat cannot shake them

Wade should be released he is finished

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

1/29/2014 7:05 PM NBA Basketball 704 Miami Heat* -6½ +105 vs Oklahoma City Thunder for 2nd Half

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

2010 - Lost to the Lakers in the first round (2-4)
    2011 - Lost in the Western Conference finals (1-4) to Dallas
    2012 - Lost to the Heat in the finals (1-4)
    2013 - Lost to Memphis in the Western semi finals (1-4)

What stands out in all these losses? They haven't even been competitive in those series. Every year they bow out of the playoffs in "wet the bed", crash and burn fashion. Every year they are hyped up as the best in the league but every year get dominated by somebody. At least take a series to a game 7 please.
    Just to prove your point you are pointing the losses...If we go by your logic then they should have lost to Spurs 2 years ago when they were down 3-2 and won 3 straight to beat the Spurs or last year when they suddenly lost Westbrook and had no game plan to compete without him yet beat the rockets.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    1/29/2014 7:05 PM NBA Basketball 704 Miami Heat* -6½ +105 vs Oklahoma City Thunder for 2nd Half
    i set it at -4....havent seen much of wade. i still think heat cover my -3.5

jjgold

Is City better without Westbrook??

Would you trade him????

Mac4Lyfe

Most pundits said that Durant would already have a ring. He doesn't. You yourself just said that you don't think they will win this year either. So that's 5 straight years that they were basically favorites and they come up short. In basketball when you don't bring a ring, they usually blow it up.

OKC is the Dwight Howard Magic or the Lebron Cavs IMO. Great regular season teams but not built for the playoffs.

Dude you said they were built for the reg season and I just said they've had a lot of post season success. I didn't say they didn't get drummed in the series they lost. Last year has an asterisks next to it obviously

And the two years before that they were in the finals and the in the western conference finals. So I'd say they've had quite a bit of post-season success. They just haven't won it all yet.

I expect them to lose to Miami again this year in the finals. I don't think if that happens they were over rated, just playing a better team

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Good game.

Mac4Lyfe

I have to look at losses because it's documented. The Spurs were overvalued as well for a few seasons when they couldn't win playoff series. I'm not saying that OKC isn't a good team. I just think in the playoffs they are not any better than GS, Houston, Clippers and maybe a Memphis who is getting better. I think they are a notch below SA and Portland in playoff crunch time and Miami and Indy in the East. So, I'd have them 5th or 6th overall which is lower than the media.

I think teams like Memphis, GS and possibly Denver could make noise in the playoffs if they get in and can be match up problems for OKC.

The great thing is that we will find out in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Just to prove your point you are pointing the losses...If we go by your logic then they should have lost to Spurs 2 years ago when they were down 3-2 and won 3 straight to beat the Spurs or last year when they suddenly lost Westbrook and had no game plan to compete without him yet beat the rockets.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I saw 4. Thunder win.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

I have to look at losses because it's documented. The Spurs were overvalued as well for a few seasons when they couldn't win playoff series. I'm not saying that OKC isn't a good team. I just think in the playoffs they are not any better than GS, Houston, Clippers and maybe a Memphis who is getting better. I think they are a notch below SA and Portland in playoff crunch time and Miami and Indy in the East. So, I'd have them 5th or 6th overall which is lower than the media.

I think teams like Memphis, GS and possibly Denver could make noise in the playoffs if they get in and can be match up problems for OKC.

Yup we will

The good thing is that they will not lose HCA to any of those teams in the west and that makes thunder that much stronger only team to give them problem is Memphis specially in the 5 game series. Just my opinion...

The Kraken

All those teams have some good players but none of them cause matchup problems for OKC. Miami is the team that OKC doesn't matchup well against. Tonight was just a little step in knocking that wall down. Small strokes fell great oaks.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Denver is not going to cause anyone problems in the playoffs ever with that roster. That team is year in year out such a joke. Best fade ever in the postseason.

Mac4Lyfe

Could be... I just don't trust OKC because they rely too much on jumpshots. I also don't think that Durant can stand up to teams that play him physical like a bad boys Piston type teams. I have concerns about his durability but we shall see.

All those teams have some good players but none of them cause matchup problems for OKC. Miami is the team that OKC doesn't matchup well against. Tonight was just a little step in knocking that wall down. Small strokes fell great oaks.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Miami is 19-26 ATS to date.
    They cant be trusted this year anywhere. The team is loafing thru the regular season.

Last year they were 46-36 ATS.

jjgold

Looks more and more like NBA title wide open other than Pacers who really stick out as the best.

The Kraken

Could be... I just don't trust OKC because they rely too much on jumpshots. I also don't think that Durant can stand up to teams that play him physical like a bad boys Piston type teams. I have concerns about his durability but we shall see.
    Now this is a post I can get behind. I think they do rely too much on the jump shot and it was obvious last night for anyone that watched the game. KD could not get by LBJ and honestly the Thunder had very little penetration last night. They just got lucky that everyone of them went off from 3 and Miami had some uncharacteristic turnovers. I mean common, Fisher hit 5 3's Can't expect that every night.

BUT..... I still think they can win it all as a jump shooting team. And here it just becomes your opinion vs my opinion and I'm good with that. But they are a really, really good jump shooting team. When Westbrook comes back, if he's even 90% healthy, he'll be able to get to the hoop and open some things up for them. But to win it, they'll need Ibaka to continue shooting that mid range jumper at a steady clip and they'll need Westbrook hitting that J from the free throw line consistently. Durant gonna get his. Nobody in the league can guard him, not even remotely, except Lebron, and I hate to say LBJ can lock him down because KD got I thin 35 last night, but LBJ changes KD's game big time. KD hit a half dozen shots last night that I thought had no chance of going in and thought he was defended perfectly, but somehow he makes those.

Anyways, I still highly recommend you jumping on the OKC future around +545. Someones gotta come out of the west and they're the favorites plus they've shown they can beat everyone without Westbrook. Come finals time, it will be nice to have them at that price instead of +160.

jjgold

Historically jump shooting teams don't win titles

Westbrook gives them the penetrating game to a degree

Durant has to post and drive more

pdprodigy
    pdprodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

The team IS favored over OKC
    Miami Heat IS favored over OKC

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Now this is a post I can get behind. I think they do rely too much on the jump shot and it was obvious last night for anyone that watched the game. KD could not get by LBJ and honestly the Thunder had very little penetration last night. They just got lucky that everyone of them went off from 3 and Miami had some uncharacteristic turnovers. I mean common, Fisher hit 5 3's Can't expect that every night.

BUT..... I still think they can win it all as a jump shooting team. And here it just becomes your opinion vs my opinion and I'm good with that. But they are a really, really good jump shooting team. When Westbrook comes back, if he's even 90% healthy, he'll be able to get to the hoop and open some things up for them. But to win it, they'll need Ibaka to continue shooting that mid range jumper at a steady clip and they'll need Westbrook hitting that J from the free throw line consistently. Durant gonna get his. Nobody in the league can guard him, not even remotely, except Lebron, and I hate to say LBJ can lock him down because KD got I thin 35 last night, but LBJ changes KD's game big time. KD hit a half dozen shots last night that I thought had no chance of going in and thought he was defended perfectly, but somehow he makes those.

Anyways, I still highly recommend you jumping on the OKC future around +545. Someones gotta come out of the west and they're the favorites plus they've shown they can beat everyone without Westbrook. Come finals time, it will be nice to have them at that price instead of +160.

That.

Did that too, and it's +520 now (heritage)

The main thing is that they get out of the West alive and healthy. We just saw Phoenix beat the Pacers 2 in a row. That was no fluke, everyone is crowning the Pacers they have won nothing, I still like the Heat to beat them.
    Last edited by Barnes & Whine; 01-31-14 at 02:15 AM.

First 1234 Last