Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Butterbean!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i was a big michael spinks fan but of course his legacy is tarnished by him going too far above his best weight and getting pummeled by tyson

my favorite group of boxers was the welterweights in the mid-late 80's....breland, starling, curry, mcrory, honeyghan....who were all carrying the legacy of ray leonard

outside the ring it has to be mitch blood green

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Ricardo "Finito" Lopez. Best boxer ever. Watch him demolishing the best of the strawweight division for years. I agree, the division was thin, but names like Rocky Lin, Saman Sorjaturong, Javier Varguez, Alex Sanchez, Rosendo Alvarez, Will Grigsby, Ratanapol Sor Vorapin and Zolani Petelo are not slouch. He retired undefeated, his only danger was vs Alvarez, he was caught early and was starting to dominate the fight when he was badly cut by a headbutt and the fight was stopped. He was lucky to get the draw, but he convincingly beat Alvarez on the rematch.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

not sure hes my favorite, loved to watch him fight before he went big time.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Roy Jones Jr. in his prime.
    Second that

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    i was a big michael spinks fan but of course his legacy is tarnished by him going too far above his best weight and getting pummeled by tyson

my favorite group of boxers was the welterweights in the mid-late 80's....breland, starling, curry, mcrory, honeyghan....who were all carrying the legacy of ray leonard

outside the ring it has to be mitch blood green

sparred Milton @ Kronk and his brother Steve. Fukkin crazies loved to get in way above weight. Stevie died and Ice went to work in a factory. fukkin game ruined them both.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    not sure hes my favorite, loved to watch him fight before he went big time.

Whats Ricky Hatton upto these days,is he still Boxing. I remember he was Britians next big Boxer for awhile there.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Whats Ricky Hatton upto these days,is he still Boxing. I remember he was Britians next big Boxer for awhile there.
    prolly eating a kebab snorting cola, fun fighter all the same.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Marvelous Marvin Hagler

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

one of the funniest things about hatton(and i got to meet his family at pac/hatton) was that....when he fought tsyzu....even though most look at that fight in a bad way...i thought...he did what he had to make it his fight...and win.........yet when most people compare how floyd beat him to how manny beat him(and i was at manny/hatton on my birthday weekend).....when manny fans talk about how marquez was dominated by floyd.....they say "styles make fights"......but they often reference "welll look how manny beat hatton".......well stylistically floyd broke hatton down like floyd does with most fighters......manny has found he cant knockout every guy or obliterate them....like hes done to a few.....yet floyd has found he can break down just about everyone

weirimdi
    weirimdi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roy Jones Jr.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Mike Motherfukkin Tyson baby!

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Ricky Hatton is now a fight promoter & manager.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    prolly eating a kebab snorting cola, fun fighter all the same.

Yeah he was pretty good,were you a fan of Henry Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    one of the funniest things about hatton(and i got to meet his family at pac/hatton) was that....when he fought tsyzu....even though most look at that fight in a bad way...i thought...he did what he had to make it his fight...and win.........yet when most people compare how floyd beat him to how manny beat him(and i was at manny/hatton on my birthday weekend).....when manny fans talk about how marquez was dominated by floyd.....they say "styles make fights"......but they often reference "welll look how manny beat hatton".......well stylistically floyd broke hatton down like floyd does with most fighters......manny has found he cant knockout every guy or obliterate them....like hes done to a few.....yet floyd has found he can break down just about everyone
    Thats pretty cool,how did you end up meeting them. How was that going to a real Boxing event,ive never been myself.

So really judging by what your saying Floyd would have taken Manny slowely but surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Ricky Hatton is now a fight promoter & manager.
    Thats good,glad he was able to get a career after Boxing.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-21-14 at 10:15 AM.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Perhaps. But, Floyd is boring to watch. I have never paid for a Gayweather fight & never will. I have been a huge boxing fan since the mid eighties. Chavez in his prime would have folded Gayweather like a lawn chair. Chavez never cherry picked his opponents. Gayweather has made a career of cherry picking his opponents.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Yeah he was pretty good,were you a fan of Henry Cooper.

Thats pretty cool,how did you end up meeting them. How was that going to a real Boxing event,ive never been myself.

So really judging by what your saying Floyd would have taken Manny slowely but surely.

Thats good,glad he was able to get a career after Boxing.
    before the weigh in....they were out front of the grand garden entrance....tons of people....zab judah...took a pic with juan diaz....joe cortez......the actual day of the fight i met lampley in the wing leading to the arena...in full tuxedo...i think he was on his way to a production meeting...it was in the afternoon....ill tell you this packerd...for me as a boxing fan....theres nothing like it.....like a big fight weekend in vegas....tons of brits up saturday morning fully dressed drinking beers watching soccer at 7 am....the atmosphere was crazy...it was also derby weekend and there was the nba playoffs going on...so it was crazy......walking out of the fight i met suge knight lol...the sunday after the fight we saw ricky hatton at ny, ny at like 2 am completely wasted.........i loved it so much i went back out in november for pac/cotto(saw david haye and wwes batista at the weigh in..i think batista walked pac to the ring).......i had previously kept my live fight viewings locally and in ny(went to shane mosley/cotto at the garden which was awesome too).....

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

that's crazy.....I was gonna post the prince too....

bobby heenan
    Update your status

i really hope hatton has a good life after the game...hes a cool/good guy.....hes been threw some tough times.....its prob hard for most athletes to let go when theres no more big arenas/stadiums full to see them perform.....but for boxers....theres no more spartan lifestyle...no more 10 mile runs....no motivation.....some heavy drinking/ coke binges to get the thrill back.....the weight gain......gotta be tough

packerd_00

before the weigh in....they were out front of the grand garden entrance....tons of people....zab judah...took a pic with juan diaz....joe cortez......the actual day of the fight i met lampley in the wing leading to the arena...in full tuxedo...i think he was on his way to a production meeting...it was in the afternoon....ill tell you this packerd...for me as a boxing fan....theres nothing like it.....like a big fight weekend in vegas....tons of brits up saturday morning fully dressed drinking beers watching soccer at 7 am....the atmosphere was crazy...it was also derby weekend and there was the nba playoffs going on...so it was crazy......walking out of the fight i met suge knight lol...the sunday after the fight we saw ricky hatton at ny, ny at like 2 am completely wasted.........i loved it so much i went back out in november for pac/cotto(saw david haye and wwes batista at the weigh in..i think batista walked pac to the ring).......i had previously kept my live fight viewings locally and in ny(went to shane mosley/cotto at the garden which was awesome too).....
    Thats cool bud, memories youll take with you forever, those British fans must have been rearing to go for that fight,shame Hatton couldnt live upto expectations,would have been pretty friggin cool to have him come home a winner. I know alot of my family in England were rooting for him to come through,beating one of the best Boxers in the World would have been massive for British Boxing.

Reckon youll ever go to Vegas to watch a Boxing fight again.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-21-14 at 12:42 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Thats cool bud, memories youll take with you forever, those British fans must have been rearing to go for that fight,shame Hatton couldnt live upto expectations,would have been pretty friggin cool to have come him home a winner. I know alot of my family in England were rooting for him to come through,beating one of the best Boxers in the World would have been massive for British Boxing.

Reckon youll ever go to Vegas to watch a Boxing fight again.
    of course i will....im looking at april or may.....i love both pac and floyd....having seen pac fight twice id rather go in may and see floyd fight live.....unfortunately both times i went to see pac it worked better for my schedule than when floyd has fought....i also remember the weekend of pac/hatton floyd announced he was coming back to fight marquez

packerd_00

of course i will....im looking at april or may.....i love both pac and floyd....having seen pac fight twice id rather go in may and see floyd fight live.....unfortunately both times i went to see pac it worked better for my schedule than when floyd has fought....i also remember the weekend of pac/hatton floyd announced he was coming back to fight marquez
    Cool id love to see some pics if you end up taking any dude. Did you have pretty close seats the last time,or are they pretty expensive. Who are the new up and coming Boxers that will give those three guys a run for there money. I dont follow alot of the new guys,I remember there was some big Russian dude that was big for abit but havent heard of him inawhile.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

pack heres some pics i took ....unfortunately i cant find the one of the hatton marching band i took inside the concourse

25182_1211800027723_5626588_n.jpg

me and baby bull juan diaz at the weigh in

25182_1211799987722_344484_n.jpg

25182_1211799947721_2728203_n.jpg

25182_1211799067699_2095361_n.jpg

Vitothecapper
    Vitothecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 682

Tami morriello!

Loved to play craps and the ponies

and was never good at either one.

Watched him knocked a guy out @ yonkers raceway for not placing a bet fast enough at the window.

Tami would have had a $1 box trifecta that paid $33 lmao

packerd_00

pack heres some pics i took ....unfortunately i cant find the one of the hatton marching band i took inside the concourse

25182_1211800027723_5626588_n.jpg

me and baby bull juan diaz at the weigh in

25182_1211799987722_344484_n.jpg

25182_1211799947721_2728203_n.jpg

25182_1211799067699_2095361_n.jpg
    Cheers buddy,you got some great shots of Hatton. You tower over Diaz.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

also poster WikkidInsane

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Roy Jones Jr. in his prime
    Muhammad Ali---stood for more than just boxing, most intelligent fighter of all-time, could take a punch better than anyone ever.
    Ray Boom Boom Mancini- fought for his father and was a relentless 15 rounder
    Sugar Ray Leonard-- The O.J. Simpson of boxing without the crimes (well spoken African American role model)
    Pernell Sweet Pea Whitaker- Brilliant defense, underestimated
    Hector Macho Camacho-- was hated but was a great boxer and a top-notch show man (sad ending)
    Michael Nunn- defense was "2nd to Nunn". Unfortunately, he didn't keep his hands up enough and also is serving a lengthy jail term
    Mike Tyson- was the scariest boxer at one time. Something about him makes people love him.
    Meldrick TNT Taylor---good battler
    Mark Breland- Golden Gloves Superstar
    Aaron Pryor- Vicious fighter with some good battles with Arguello
    Thomas Hearns-Great heart but had a glass jaw
    Oscar De La Hoya-Kind of a phony but had great heart and underrated

Gotti vs. Ward----Epic Battles just like Ali and Frazier

Favorite Movie Fighter--- Rocky Balboa-
    That character tells everyone to never give up despite all the nay-sayers. Heart of gold and motivation

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Micky Ward

By no means elite,but he had heart.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

You're actually turning other people's picks into Floyd vs Manny?

You are the biggest nuthugger I've ever seen, seriously. You're absolutely pathetic and I'm now starting to suspect and hope that you are a troll.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You're actually turning other people's picks into Floyd vs Manny?

You are the biggest nuthugger I've ever seen, seriously. You're absolutely pathetic and I'm now starting to suspect and hope that you are a troll.
    yer cool guy.....you are what i aspire to be.....why do you care so much about me?...i make one mention of them when someone asks about "favorite boxers" lol....and you have to come in here and "address" me....yer kinda the pathetic one....ive posted several times in this thread and mentioned them once
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 01-21-14 at 04:07 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Cool id love to see some pics if you end up taking any dude. Did you have pretty close seats the last time,or are they pretty expensive. Who are the new up and coming Boxers that will give those three guys a run for there money. I dont follow alot of the new guys,I remember there was some big Russian dude that was big for abit but havent heard of him inawhile.
    i was up in the nosebleeds(shots i took were with a zoom)....i actually got the pac/hatton tix through a friends uncle for free....we got 4 of em....they are face valued at 300 each....i paid for the pac/cotto tix....like 3 and change apiece.....

theres a ton of talent....two russians that come to mind are gennady golovkin and sergey kovalev.....lotta young kids like danny and mikey garcia.....just tons of talent everywhere really

MD

yer cool guy.....you are what i aspire to be.....why do you care so much about me?...i make one mention of them when someone asks about "favorite boxers" lol....and you have to come in here and "address" me....yer kinda the pathetic one....ive posted several times in this thread and mentioned them once
    You make any attempt you can in order to turn pretty much every thread you post in into "Floyd Mayweather is da best..."

MD

On topic:

Classics: Joe Louis, Dempsey, Robinson, Frazier, Whittaker.

Modern: Sergio Martinez, Floyd Mayweather, Garcia, and anyone who puts a beating on Brandon Rios, pretty much. Big fan of the Klitschko's, too. I've also got a lot of respect and admiration for Malignaggi, even though it's come grudgingly, because he's not someone I want to like.

Incomplete list, tons of guys I've forgotten, and I'm not sure if I could narrow it down to one. Probably Robinson, if I had to choose. Definitely the finest boxer I've ever seen. It really isn't a surprise that a guy like Mayweather isn't a GoAT candidate when you consider how unbelievably skilled some of boxing's elite have been in the past.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

You make any attempt you can in order to turn pretty much every thread you post in into "Floyd Mayweather is da best..."
    i didnt say that....was talking about hatton....and those are the two biggest fights in his career.....you are trying to read more into it than there is....but carry on as you wish...

bobby heenan
    Update your status

On topic:

Classics: Joe Louis, Dempsey, Robinson, Frazier, Whittaker.

Modern: Sergio Martinez, Floyd Mayweather, Garcia, and anyone who puts a beating on Brandon Rios, pretty much. Big fan of the Klitschko's, too. I've also got a lot of respect and admiration for Malignaggi, even though it's come grudgingly, because he's not someone I want to like.

Incomplete list, tons of guys I've forgotten, and I'm not sure if I could narrow it down to one. Probably Robinson, if I had to choose. Definitely the finest boxer I've ever seen. It really isn't a surprise that a guy like Mayweather isn't a GoAT candidate when you consider how unbelievably skilled some of boxing's elite have been in the past.
    big paulie fan as well.....was there when he won his first title......what is it you dont like about him? he has said and done what hes needed to in order to stay relevant and make money....you seem to dislike guys that do that

MD

i didnt say that....was talking about hatton....and those are the two biggest fights in his career.....you are trying to read more into it than there is....but carry on as you wish...
    manny has found he cant knockout every guy or obliterate them....like hes done to a few.....yet floyd has found he can break down just about everyone

big paulie fan as well.....was there when he won his first title......what is it you dont like about him? he has said and done what hes needed to in order to stay relevant and make money....you seem to dislike guys that do that
    He strikes me as a typical guido douchebag. He really rubs me the wrong way as a person, and comes off as an insufferable, egotistical moron. When he fights, though, he's incredibly tough, and will take the fight to absolutely anyone. His fight with Cotto was really good, and he completely refused to quit.

First 1234 Last