C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    They played him twice at home where you can't communicate pre snap.The closest they came to playing an elite QB without that ridiculous home field edge was vs A Luck and they lost.
    Who did Seattle play on the road?
    Cam Newton Won by 5, Deanglo Williams fumbled at the 2 yard line for the game winning TD
    Matt Schaub Won by 3 in OT to the worst team in the NFL in 2013
    Andrew Luck LOST
    Carson Palmer Won by 12
    Kellen Clemens Won by 5 in an ugly ugly game against a backup QB
    Matt Ryan Won easily but both Julio Jones and Roddy White were both out
    Kaepernick LOST
    Eli Manning Won easily against a backup O-Line and depleted team

So they were 6-2 and really squeeked out a week 1 win vs Carolina and a joke of a win against 2-14 Houston, and barley beat a bum Kellen Clemens. They very easily could have been 4-4 on the road.

Let's be real here. Peyton Manning calls a lot of audibles at the line, he pretty much does so on every single play and that would be much MUCH harder to do in Seattle than it would in Denver or a neutral site like New York. Giving Seattle 3 points for playing at home should really be 4 or 5 against a passing QB who audibles a lot. The fact that the game is on a neutral site helps Denver because Seattle's homefield advantage is worth more than 3 points, especially to a QB like Manning.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Seahawks are just happy to get to the Superbowl. The Seahawks were very fortuitous at home to barely beat the Niner. Wilson had to pull a rabbit trick to just to get that win. DRC, Champ Bailey, and the rest of their underestimated corners will shut down Seattle's average receivers. Broncos wins easily and shutting up that big mouth Sherman in the process.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Seahawks are just happy to get to the Superbowl. The Seahawks were very fortuitous at home to barely beat the Niner. Wilson had to pull a rabbit trick to just to get that win. DRC, Champ Bailey, and the rest of their underestimated corners will shut down Seattle's average receivers. Broncos wins easily and shutting up that big mouth Sherman in the process.
    Sherman is a good corner but ESPN, I think it was Bruchi was showing plays of him getting beat. He is good and very aggressive and the way to beat him is with a double move. Run a slant and go. Run a stop and go. Make him think you are doing one thing and then go the other way. Run a fake WR screen and then as he charge the play have your WR go long.

I think if Peyton Manning runs one of those double moves to Thomas or Decker EARLY it could shake Richard Sherman's confidence and mess him up.

3rd and 5, what do teams run? Pick plays, crossing routes, back side slants... Run a slant and go with Decker and beat Richard Sherman deep. Do this very early in the game and that will wreck him.

If I were Denver I would do it early because if it fails you have the entire game to make up for your mistake, but if it pays off it can rattle him big time. Sherman wanted the attention and he got the attention. He has all the attention of the world and if he doesn't have a big game he looks like a jack ass, even more so.

I'd look for Sun Tzu Manning to go after him early and use his aggressiveness against him.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

I want people on Seattle,that way everyone isnt jumping on the Broncos bandwagon.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

With all due respect, that is about as square of a statement as I have seen on SBR. Realize you are a big Bronco and Peyton fan, but c'mon man. Should be a close entertaining game. Will be rooting and wagering on Seattle, but wouldn't mind seeing the Sheriif get another ring.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I want people on Seattle,that way everyone isnt jumping on the Broncos bandwagon.
    Don't worry. The same people that has been fading Manning in the playoffs will fade him again and it's a good 50% in the last two games. Once the cold weather hype talks starts to ramps up look for people to start hammering the Seabags.

C-Gold

Don't worry. The same people that has been fading Manning in the playoffs will fade him again and it's a good 50% in the last two games. Once the cold weather hype talks starts to ramps up look for people to start hammering the Seabags.
    Slumdog Lakerboy has a million Indian Rupees on the Seacoks. That's like 10 American dollars and he didn't eat Curry for a week to put this wager on.

packerd_00

Thats what you want as a Bronco backer my man,the more people that buy into the cold weather bologne the better for us.

C-Gold

Some Peyton Manning stats for you. Week by week Passing yards and TD passes

Week 1 - 462 yards 7 TD passes
    Week 2 - 307 yards 2 TD passes
    Week 3 - 374 yards 3 TD passes
    Week 4 - 327 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 5 - 414 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 6 - 295 yards 2 TD passes
    Week 7 - 386 yards 3 TD passes
    Week 8 - 354 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 9 Bye
    Week 10 330 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 11 323 yards 1 TD pass
    Week 12 150 yards 2 TD passes * This was the NE game with the big lead where they tried to run ball/sit on lead
    Week 13 403 yards 5 TD passes
    Week 14 397 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 15 289 yards 2 TD passes
    Week 16 400 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 17 266 yards 4 TD passes

The only real outlier was the Patriots game where Denver had a huge lead, tried to run the ball and sit on the lead but Manning said he learned his lesson from that game and I believe him. In the playoff rematch he shredded NE for 400 yards and the game wasn't even as close as the score dictates. His long efficient drives meant Brady got 8 possessions instead of his normal 12, which kind of sucks when you are playing from behind.

Manning had 9 out of 16 regular season games with 4 or more TD passes!
    Manning had 5/16 games with 397 or more passing yards
    Manning had 13 out of 16 games with 295 or more passing yards
    Manning had 10/16 games with a QB rating over 100
    Manning had 15/16 games with a QB rating over 90, 17/18 counting playoffs

- He only had 2 Multi-interception games
    - In 6 games he was never sacked, meaning in 10 games he was sacked

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

You cannot handicap the Super Bowl the same way you do other games. It is not a game…the week off and the media focus…especially in NYC/NJ…will be unreal. The pressure will be immense.

THE KEY IS THAT MANNING HAS BEEN THERE…OH AND HE WON. This means everything versus a team that has never seen the show before. Former SB players have often commented on how the SB experience is totally unique.

All that said…it didn't seem to help Elway much.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Game managers don't average 8.4 YPA, this isn't Trent Dilfer. Wilson isn't asked to throw it 35+ times, they're not built like Denver; pressure is all on the older Manning here, if he's off they lose....it's that simple. Wilson can play an average/subpar game and lean on Lynch and his defense; Seattle has the best secondary in the league, EASILY.

It's a BIG assumption that Denver will start fast and get up 10-14 points against this defense/secondary; this isn't the Pats defense they'll be facing, far from it.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave Stevedore 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Game will be won or lost in the trenches. Advantage Seattle.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Game managers don't average 8.4 YPA, this isn't Trent Dilfer. Wilson isn't asked to throw it 35+ times, they're not built like Denver; pressure is all on the older Manning here, if he's off they lose....it's that simple. Wilson can play an average/subpar game and lean on Lynch and his defense; Seattle has the best secondary in the league, EASILY.

It's a BIG assumption that Denver will start fast and get up 10-14 points against this defense/secondary; this isn't the Pats defense they'll be facing, far from it.
    So you mean that if Manning is ON then they win? Because given his stats last year and in playoffs he's been breaking records.

Anyway just some notes everyone:

Denver has Rank 7 Rushing Defense on it's own is a great stat but keep in mind - once they blew out teams the run game was abandoned so of course that stat will boost up. No stats can be analyzed in a vacuum keep an eye on the bigger picture. Lynch will be essential for the Hawks this game.

Seattle hit a lot of mediocre QB opponents and that helped pad their numbers as the #1 Defense in the league. HOWEVER even if they hit better offensive teams they likely would've been ranked #1 defense because it's legit. I don't expect Manning to be able to run 7 minute offensive drives this time around. Also weather impacts Denver more than Seattle but so long as it's not too windy they should be able to pull together some decent drives.

Personally I think the best pick this week will be Teasing Seattle (take the points) and the under. Manning has twice been playing heavy clock management to keep his defense well-rested. Seattle may well do the same simply to keep Manning off the field. Post-season Manning has averaged 25 PPG for the Broncos. Regular season he averaged 37+. That's a difference of 12 points which is a ton in football.
    Last edited by Parligod; 01-22-14 at 10:17 AM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post

The Broncos runners arent to shabby, if they can take abit of pressure off Manning it will be a big help.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Parligod View Post
    So you mean that if Manning is ON then they win? Because given his stats last year and in playoffs he's been breaking records.

Anyway just some notes everyone:

Denver has Rank 7 Rushing Defense on it's own is a great stat but keep in mind - once they blew out teams the run game was abandoned so of course that stat will boost up. No stats can be analyzed in a vacuum keep an eye on the bigger picture. Lynch will be essential for the Hawks this game.

Seattle hit a lot of mediocre QB opponents and that helped pad their numbers as the #1 Defense in the league. HOWEVER even if they hit better offensive teams they likely would've been ranked #1 defense because it's legit. I don't expect Manning to be able to run 7 minute offensive drives this time around. Also weather impacts Denver more than Seattle but so long as it's not too windy they should be able to pull together some decent drives.

Personally I think the best pick this week will be Teasing Seattle (take the points) and the under. Manning has twice been playing heavy clock management to keep his defense well-rested. Seattle may well do the same simply to keep Manning off the field. Post-season Manning has averaged 25 PPG for the Broncos. Regular season he averaged 37+. That's a difference of 12 points which is a ton in football.
    I agree, wait till it goes to 3 then tease Seattle. I already put in a hedge tease Denver +5 and over 41 which I feel has a good chance to cash.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Iol

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8902

I forgot about this racist idiot.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

So this was a real tread huh

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

Where is this tool?

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Russell Wilson hasn't thrown 2 TD passes in 7 weeks. I am not talking about anything big here, I am talking about 2 TD passes in a passing league and he hasn't done that in 7 weeks or nearly 1/2 a season. Over that same time frame Wilson is averaging under 200 passing yards per game.

The Super Bowl is NOT going to be in Seattle and they aren't nearly as good on the road.

Try and keep up with Peyton Manning who is about to complete maybe the best season any QB has ever had and he is going to win in his brother's house in story book fashion.

DENVER WINS BY 10+
    Biggest clown on sbr

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6314

Karma's a bitch.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

big time burial

LosDoyers
    LosDoyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

Where is this guy? I would love to hear his insight on football and racial politics some more!

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by LosDoyers View Post
    Where is this guy?
    Probably said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Lol - denver - lol

malish
    malish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 398

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

LOL

great post

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I point out facts and then I am just a hater.

Hey today is Sunday. I guess I just hate the rest of the days of the week.

Ijit
    Lol

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Some Peyton Manning stats for you. Week by week Passing yards and TD passes

Week 1 - 462 yards 7 TD passes
    Week 2 - 307 yards 2 TD passes
    Week 3 - 374 yards 3 TD passes
    Week 4 - 327 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 5 - 414 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 6 - 295 yards 2 TD passes
    Week 7 - 386 yards 3 TD passes
    Week 8 - 354 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 9 Bye
    Week 10 330 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 11 323 yards 1 TD pass
    Week 12 150 yards 2 TD passes * This was the NE game with the big lead where they tried to run ball/sit on lead
    Week 13 403 yards 5 TD passes
    Week 14 397 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 15 289 yards 2 TD passes
    Week 16 400 yards 4 TD passes
    Week 17 266 yards 4 TD passes

The only real outlier was the Patriots game where Denver had a huge lead, tried to run the ball and sit on the lead but Manning said he learned his lesson from that game and I believe him. In the playoff rematch he shredded NE for 400 yards and the game wasn't even as close as the score dictates. His long efficient drives meant Brady got 8 possessions instead of his normal 12, which kind of sucks when you are playing from behind.

Manning had 9 out of 16 regular season games with 4 or more TD passes!
    Manning had 5/16 games with 397 or more passing yards
    Manning had 13 out of 16 games with 295 or more passing yards
    Manning had 10/16 games with a QB rating over 100
    Manning had 15/16 games with a QB rating over 90, 17/18 counting playoffs

- He only had 2 Multi-interception games
    - In 6 games he was never sacked, meaning in 10 games he was sacked
    I wonder him much time was wasted with these stats....

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I wonder him much time was wasted with these stats....
    Better yet, why not examine the defenses. It's not like Peyton is playing "football toss" by himself at the carnival.

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

Hilarious.

LEOLEO
    LEOLEO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2409

Loser

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

C-Gold is most likely an SBR higher ups ghost account... Why would any poster put this much time into write ups and posting and not go pro? No twitter account to promote his writing... Just another account that gets you idiots riled up and posting...

SBR wins again...

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Oh god this is brutal.

First 1234 Last