iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Kokkinakis...

Who is this fukkin kid...

Thinks he's at the fukkin beach with those shorts...

Hope he pulls off the miracle...

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

The kid needs some more red meat. Poor guy is a tooth pick.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Acne. Thank god they switched matches. Almost couldnt look at tge kid

sbavi
    Update your status
    sbavi's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's just 17.

He'll become stronger physically.Just needs a couple more years.

factor280
    factor280's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

He's actually holding up pretty decent against Nadal. Kid looks good for the future.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Agreed on his potential

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Almost broke Nadal a few times ... Nadal plays a very bad 2nd set

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Kid can play...

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Nadal has UEs stacking up now

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Acne. Thank god they switched matches. Almost couldnt look at tge kid
    Lol he's a good looking young kid. Yeah he has some potential as far as his mechanics but doesn't have natural athleticism like you saw with the greats (save for federer) at a young age. If he stays healthy he's going to have a strong career and likely a top 20 player in the future. I think guys like this are better off modeling their games after federer than the nadal/djok/murray class of guys.

COdoubleBizzle
    COdoubleBizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

iifold? JJgold?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lol he's a good looking young kid. Yeah he has some potential as far as his mechanics but doesn't have natural athleticism like you saw with the greats (save for federer) at a young age. If he stays healthy he's going to have a strong career and likely a top 20 player in the future. I think guys like this are better off modeling their games after federer than the nadal/djok/murray class of guys.
    They were showing facts about him before the match started and apparently he's modeled his game on Monfils. A bit of a worry there

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

As long as doesn't model himself anything like Tomic.

Although those pink shoes are a bit of a red flag...

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Has some good moves, lacks command of the court a bit and not agile. Impressive performance nevertheless. I'm happy to see fresh blood stepping up, especially impressed by Jordan Thompson in the last month (both Aussie Open wildcard qualies performance and Kooyong performance)

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    They were showing facts about him before the match started and apparently he's modeled his game on Monfils. A bit of a worry there
    Lol yeah not wise. Monfils is freak, probably the most gifted in terms of pure athleticism. I know you are waiting for one of these Aussie guys to come on the scene with Hewitt's career coming to an end, hopefully he takes some notes from Federer or grows more into his body and becomes a lot quicker and more explosive in the next couple years.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    As long as doesn't model himself anything like Tomic.

Although those pink shoes are a bit of a red flag...
    I think with proper coaching Tomic will be fine. He is a natural. Djokovic was a really weak minded player too when he was young but Tomic is kinda approaching that age where he needs to decide if he wants to be great or just good.

Goat Milk

Monfils. Man what that guy could have been. He is special. Still only 27. Strong mentally now after all that B.S. time off from tennis. Chance a major this year maybe? I think so.

Optional

I think with proper coaching Tomic will be fine. He is a natural. Djokovic was a really weak minded player too when he was young but Tomic is kinda approaching that age where he needs to decide if he wants to be great or just good.
    Agree about his natural ability, and his mind.

But think he is already past the time he would have improved his mind some if he was going to, but still seems to be going backward in that area.

These younger Aussie guys doing well can only be bad for his head imho. I could see even see him retiring as soon as there is talk of Kokkinakis/Kyrgios being picked for Davis Cup singles ahead of him.

Well maybe not retiring, but fading away to a perennial 50-100 player.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

He showed heart, played really well

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Lol yeah not wise. Monfils is freak, probably the most gifted in terms of pure athleticism. I know you are waiting for one of these Aussie guys to come on the scene with Hewitt's career coming to an end, hopefully he takes some notes from Federer or grows more into his body and becomes a lot quicker and more explosive in the next couple years.
    The one I really like so far is Thompson. I saw him at Kooyong and was really impressed. I'm with Opti in that I think Tomic's moment has passed. Too many problems with him and his dad and they've alienated Tennis Australia and several of the players. I was saying in another thread about how ridiculous the Aussie media are at hyping these kids up when they first arrive on the scene and I think that really went to Tomic's head. I think the best players are going to come out of Europe now for quite some time into the future. None of the young ones I've seen from Australia, the US or Canada lately seem to have all those qualities that makes a star although I do still have a bit of hope for Raonic if he can stay healthy. Or maybe I'm just jaded now after being spoiled with greats for the past 30 years.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Could be a good player in a few years, needs to pack on at least another 15kgs though.

factor280
    factor280's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

Any thoughts on upcoming jovanovski match up?

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

He and Nick Kyrigos are good mates.

Both are Australian with Greek heritage and, along with Thompson, are Australia's three brightest prospects under 20. Australian Tennis has been at an all time low in the past ten years, with only one Grand Slam winner (Stosur). These three young kids could turn things around for Australian Tennis if they are prepared to do the hard work. To say they could be our Rafter/Hewitt/Philippoussis of the next ten years may be a stretch, but early signs are promising.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All these guys look good but in the end they are all losers. A few lucky wins here and there but most scared to win.

MiddleMan

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    All these guys look good but in the end they are all losers. A few lucky wins here and there but most scared to win.
    I want to get on you to win Wimbledon. What's your name so I can do some research and find out what your ranking is?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Spot on.

And thats why I think Kyrgios might be the one to shine from the three.

From the first time I saw him last year at the Hopman Cup filling in (or was that the year before?) You can see he believes he should be on the court with the top 10. or anyone. He isn't afraid to beat anyone.

Of course thats easier to do when you are young n dumb so he needs to hold onto that self belief through the tough times.

I went to watch him in the Sydney Challenger at the start of 2013. His presence on the court intimidates.

MiddleMan

Wasn't it Kokkinakis who filled in at the Hopman Cup last year? Kyrigos may have filled in also, but I'm fairly sure Kokkinakis did.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Wasn't it Kokkinakis who filled in at the Hopman Cup last year? Kyrigos may have filled in also, but I'm fairly sure Kokkinakis did.
    Could have sworn Kyrgios made a splash as a Hopman reserve too. Must be my fuzzy aging brain combining them both into the one player.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Time will tell

Patty Rafter has Aussie future tennis promising

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monfils. Man what that guy could have been. He is special. Still only 27. Strong mentally now after all that B.S. time off from tennis. Chance a major this year maybe? I think so.
    Twizzle or shall I say Lakerboy.

I believe you owe me 10 across the board Emily Hayes