TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Very dissapointed in the Panthers today

Cam Newton wilted on the big stage

Stupid personal fouls and penalties by Panthers. Headbutts and #22 going ape shit over nothing much at a crucial time giving up the 15 yd penalty

They can't be proud of this performance

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

49ers huge advantage in post-season experience showed. It just wasn't the Panthers' time yet, they will be tough in a year or two.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

U should be dissapointed in yourself.

Panthers over achieved this year. If falcons are back next year "they will be" the panthers will finish 3rd in south and won't make playoffs.

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

I'm not a niners fan but today was about them. They went in a halftime and regrouped and just dominated the 2nd half.

TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Panthers will be extremely lucky to go 9-7 next year....

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

inexperience rears itself for all to see again.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

give sf defense some credit. carolina was inches from goal line twice and all they got was a fg out of that. if they got two tds, this would've been a different game.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    give sf defense some credit. carolina was inches from goal line twice and all they got was a fg out of that. if they got two tds, this would've been a different game.
    I had a feeling early on that was going to be the difference.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Mentally, the Panthers were all wrong from the start. It's one thing to play aggressive but the trash talking, penalties, dumb play calls, it shows how important coaching is.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    I had a feeling early on that was going to be the difference.
    also that 8 minute drive in the 2nd half resulting in a punt was huge too. all comes down to efficiency and carolina didn't have it today.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

The Brock mush and Lakerboy mush is way to much to overcome throw out all the stats when that happens

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

SCAM Newton was always destined to fail.

Newton will be busting out his old trusty Suggestion Box pretty soon.

"Superman" isn't flying around the field now.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Panthers will not return to the playoffs. They were a FRAUD

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

kap scores td, trashes the *superman* celebrations, and kisses the bicep. no response by cam. kap wins.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

you have it or you don't, they will never win with the team they have now. that was a winnable game they choked and san fran took advantage.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    you have it or you don't, they will never win with the team they have now. that was a winnable game they choked and san fran took advantage.
    Carolina looked like Dallas or Detroit today. I'm starting to think Cam is more along the lines of a Romo or a Stafford by the day.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Carolina looked like Dallas or Detroit today. I'm starting to think Cam is more along the lines of a Romo or a Stafford by the day.
    I realize there are big differences between the NFL and NCAAF, but it's strange to see Newton who was so clutch in college become so anti clutch in the NFL. There were some times this season when he came through, but him playing his worst at the most important moments is more expected at this point

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Cam Newton has always been overhyped.

The media was just looking to find a minority QB to latch on to just like they did with the inaccurate RG3.

The media should just switch to hyping up the two legit minority QB's in the NFL (Wilson and Kaepernick) and forget about those losers RG3 (Mr. "If I can't scramble then I can't do a damn thing") and Newton.

Bridgewater will be sick though.

I wish the media didn't have to latch on to skin color and just view all players as equal, but that is not how things are.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    I realize there are big differences between the NFL and NCAAF, but it's strange to see Newton who was so clutch in college become so anti clutch in the NFL. There were some times this season when he came through, but him playing his worst at the most important moments is more expected at this point
    He was just plain awful today. The back to back sacks to take them out of FG range was inexcusable.

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

What a year for Carolina they haven't been watchable in years. Top 8 team in the NFL ain't bad

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Lol @ this thread

They're a young team on the rise and will only get better. They need better DBs but after that they are set on D. A better #2 WR would help as well. This is cams first playoff game and he played well but only for a half. The goal line playcalling is very questionable. They dont yet have the horses on offence to keep up in the post season IMO. The d can keep them in it but at some point in time you have to make plays and move the chains on offence.

If im a carolina fan no way am I disappointed in this season. Young qb and young core . They're a team on the rise, tough division but the future is bright and their ceiling is high.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Lol @ this thread

They're a young team on the rise and will only get better. They need better DBs but after that they are set on D. A better #2 WR would help as well. This is cams first playoff game and he played well but only for a half. The goal line playcalling is very questionable. They dont yet have the horses on offence to keep up in the post season IMO. The d can keep them in it but at some point in time you have to make plays and move the chains on offence.

If im a carolina fan no way am I disappointed in this season. Young qb and young core . They're a team on the rise, tough division but the future is bright and their ceiling is high.
    Front 7 is outstanding. Receivers sub-par given Smith's in the twilight of his career. Ground game is solid. Need to upgrade their defensive backfield.

Then we get to Cam. Time will tell if he becomes a winner. He was overwhelmed by the moment today, though.

TheCentaur

Lol @ this thread

I said I was disappointed in them today, not their season

Doesn't matter what kind of talent you have or how good your future seems if you have a QB that has a pattern of choking under pressure (ask the Cowboys) and some guys that run around head butting and swinging at people

thebestthereis

bye week, home game maybe they will ask santa for something different next time. they may be young but I'm sorry teams rarely stay together long so if your core starts with cam good luck. they have nowhere to go but sideways a best.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

I dont know about this "pattern". It's his first playoff game against a top 3 defense. Comparing him to Dallas is just ridiculous. Dallas has had 20 chances and a qb whose played 10+ in the NFL. They'll get better with experience, just like this 9ers team did and just like plenty of teams do.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Lol @ this thread

Let these morons think what they want.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Cam Newton has always been overhyped.

The media was just looking to find a minority QB to latch on to just like they did with the inaccurate RG3.

The media should just switch to hyping up the two legit minority QB's in the NFL (Wilson and Kaepernick) and forget about those losers RG3 (Mr. "If I can't scramble then I can't do a damn thing") and Newton.

Bridgewater will be sick though.

I wish the media didn't have to latch on to skin color and just view all players as equal, but that is not how things are.

To me it looks like you're the one that latched on to the whole "minority" thing. Bottom line, if you're a starting NFL quarterback, doesn't matter what color you are. The world is gonna be all up in your business on the daily, ESPECIALLY when you fail.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

I thought Cam ovceral did ok, I think coaching showed a lot and immaturity.. Lotta young bucks on that team witha retarded coach. I think they need a much more of a disciplinarian coach on that squad to fly straight.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

He was just plain awful today. The back to back sacks to take them out of FG range was inexcusable.
    I know Cam played poorly in the second half, but how much of that is a credit to the 49ers defense.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

These games turn on so little, a different play here and there and Cam is a stud and Kap is a fraud, both evaluations are overstated in either case.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

sCam Newton isn't ready for prime time, no matter what delusional world he lives in.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    sCam Newton isn't ready for prime time, no matter what delusional world he lives in.
    It's hard to say... I don't think Kaepernick had an exceptional day today. I also don't think Brees or Wilson had incredible days yesterday either.

Rivers right now against Broncos D:
    10 of 15 for 90 yards and 1 TD

Newton against 49ers D:
    16 of 25 for 267 yards and 1 TD

thebestthereis

2 turnovers vs zero automatic loss in the playoffs.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Welcome back Centaur.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Refs were bullshit early in the game,not saying the Panthers didn't hurt themselves, but any close call seemed to go the way of the Niners.....Boldin's headbutt doesn't get called either?....Also Carolina O-line was overmatched against the 49ers front 7

Niners deserve the credit though, they outplayed em

12 Last