broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    We already saw Belichick go 11-5 with Matt Cassell when Brady was lost for an entire season blowing out his ACL.
    Good point.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady is bigger than the game

He is that good

laser arm and accuracy

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

People keep talking about how bad the AFC East has been during the Pats run.....but how bad was Manning and the Colts' AFC South all those years as well? Jags, Titans, and Texans were no better. How bad was the AFC West last year?

It matters what u do in the Playoffs. Nobody is going win every big game but throwing picks at crucial times or playing poorly in general in big games is completely different.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave jarvol 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

Bellicheck will retire as a coach when Brady retires or go to another team

Bank on that

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

He is that good

laser arm and accuracy
    Last night was more about the veteran O-line, run game and opportunistic defense. Brady is an easy HOFer tho.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

Last night was more about the veteran O-line, run game and opportunistic defense. Brady is an easy HOFer tho.
    I agree it wasnt Brady that won that game,43 points and he had less then 200 yds passing and zero tds.

jjgold

Men they played the pass because of Brady so he changed the game plan An ran a ton

Brady makes the holes wide-open

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I agree it wasnt Brady that won that game,43 points and he had less then 200 yds passing and zero tds.
    My numbers could be off, but I recall 5-7 times or so where Patriots ran for 8-9 yards on first down. This was a big mental edge for them over the course of the game. Colts quickly new they couldn't stop Patriots run game. The weather and Colts defense didn't allow Brady to throw it down the field. So a lot of short routes and slants. If Colts can shore up their run defense, they will win SB soon. Belicheck knew their weakness and his game plan dead on.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Serious question. Where would BB be without Brady?

He will retire when Brady retires.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    People keep talking about how bad the AFC East has been during the Pats run.....but how bad was Manning and the Colts' AFC South all those years as well? Jags, Titans, and Texans were no better. How bad was the AFC West last year?

It matters what u do in the Playoffs. Nobody is going win every big game but throwing picks at crucial times or playing poorly in general in big games is completely different.
    Jags were a playoff team in 2005 and 2007. Titans won it with 13 wins in 2008. The Jags were one win away from clinching the division in 2010 when Peyton literally dragged the team from a 6-6 record to win the last 4 and win the division with a team that had zero shot to win anything in the playoffs. Want anymore years? The Colts were a Wild Card playoff team in 2002, Dungy's first year as coach. Almost always a contender each year. Titans were good in 03 and 04 as well, you forget about Steve McNair? He shared the MVP with Peyton one year.

idiot

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

He is that good

laser arm and accuracy
    even with the ultimate run game and turnovers yesterday... good old Brady still only threw the ball downfield one time in the game. and it was off a superb playaction fake where he had a perfect pocket, no pressure and an easy downfield toss to a wide open WR.

Luck tossed it downfield all day with pressure in his face and dropping dimes at times.

Brady is old and washed up. Watch what happens in his next game. We have seen it every year for years now. He can't do anything but throw short crossing routes and slants.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Serious question. Where would BB be without Brady?

He will retire when Brady retires.
    coaches need good players to win?

holy shit i think youre on to something

ask yourself the more relevant question...if you put manning on the pats would he have more than one sb? of course he would

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

LakerBoy and Moron---what a couple of delusional D-Bags!! We should call the people in Canton and tell 'em not to prepare a bust for Belichek, but rather they should build a wing for you 2 legends.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    even with the ultimate run game and turnovers yesterday... good old Brady still only threw the ball downfield one time in the game. and it was off a superb playaction fake where he had a perfect pocket, no pressure and an easy downfield toss to a wide open WR.

Luck tossed it downfield all day with pressure in his face and dropping dimes at times.

Brady is old and washed up. Watch what happens in his next game. We have seen it every year for years now. He can't do anything but throw short crossing routes and slants.
    wtf is he supposed to do? throw back shoulders to edelman and amendola....or hit matt mulligan down the middle of the field for 25?

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    My numbers could be off, but I recall 5-7 times or so where Patriots ran for 8-9 yards on first down. This was a big mental edge for them over the course of the game. Colts quickly new they couldn't stop Patriots run game. The weather and Colts defense didn't allow Brady to throw it down the field. So a lot of short routes and slants. If Colts can shore up their run defense, they will win SB soon. Belicheck knew their weakness and his game plan dead on.
    I dont think it would have been the massive blowout it turned out to be had Brady took over the game with his passing attack, thats the bottom line. I agree the Colts look like they only need to do alittle more tinkering and theyll be a true contender sooner rather then later.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-13-14 at 11:14 AM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

We already saw Belichick go 11-5 with Matt Cassell when Brady was lost for an entire season blowing out his ACL.
    Well, there goes that angle

Good work

But I'm sure it was because the rest of the team was great and they won in spite of Bellicheck and Cassel

bobby heenan
    Update your status

the patriots run alot of slants and short routes because...well...the receivers they have....thats what they are good at and are capable of.....they arent playing with a demaryius thomas or a decker...or an andre or calvin johnson here......they have two competent receivers who are both under 6 feet....you cant throw back shoulders to these guys.....you cant do the things with these guys that you would hope to be able to do with aaron dobson(hes another story right now....theyve had to bring back austin collie like 80 times this year)......they are playing with 3rd string tight ends....two of them....they cant run a tight end on a seam route down the middle of the field like they could do with gronk.....their options in the passing game are limited.....

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Well, there goes that angle

Good work

But I'm sure it was because the rest of the team was great and they won in spite of Bellicheck and Cassel
    the rest of the team was really good.....was a team that was a play away from going 19-0(well more than one...samuel and merriweather also dropped ints they prob should have had).....its not a knock on brady at all though....although many would like to use it as one

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    the patriots run alot of slants and short routes because...well...the receivers they have....thats what they are good at and are capable of.....they arent playing with a demaryius thomas or a decker...or an andre or calvin johnson here......they have two competent receivers who are both under 6 feet....you cant throw back shoulders to these guys.....you cant do the things with these guys that you would hope to be able to do with aaron dobson(hes another story right now....theyve had to bring back austin collie like 80 times this year)......they are playing with 3rd string tight ends....two of them....they cant run a tight end on a seam route down the middle of the field like they could do with gronk.....their options in the passing game are limited.....
    That wont cut it against some of these stronger teams,sooner or later youll need your receivers to come through for you,especially against Denver.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-13-14 at 11:30 AM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    That wont cut it against some of these stronger teams,sooner or later youll need your receivers to come through for you.
    oh i agree....and those two guys....give us the most they possibly can.....so i cant be mad.....believe me....im proud of this team....even if they get whooped next week....many will call them losers and chokers or whatever.....for me...anything from here on out is gravy.....their defense has been decimated up the middle.....their offense is limited....yet they are still finding ways to win games......

they can still win next week...hopefully jamie collins continues to progress(that int of luck was a great play by him)....logan ryan is playing decent ball.....they are getting contributions everywhere....a guy like volmer goes down and marcus cannon steps in(this was a kid that was projected as a 2nd round talent before a cancer scare that belichick snapped up in the 6th round)......what theyve done this year...to be this good is amazing to me

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

the rest of the team was really good.....was a team that was a play away from going 19-0(well more than one...samuel and merriweather also dropped ints they prob should have had).....its not a knock on brady at all though....although many would like to use it as one
    They did have a great team that year, I was just making the point that some guys just won't give anyone credit. It's always "Montana wasn't that good, he just had Rice" or "Rice wasn't that good, he just had Montana" or "Bill Walsh sucked, he just had Rice and Montana" Etc....

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    They did have a great team that year, I was just making the point that some guys just won't give anyone credit. It's always "Montana wasn't that good, he just had Rice" or "Rice wasn't that good, he just had Montana" or "Bill Walsh sucked, he just had Rice and Montana" Etc....
    oh i know...tell me about it....same thing here "brady isnt shit without belichick" and "belichick aint shit without brady".....all these guys point out going 11-5 with cassell....but forget it was virtually the same team as the year before...which was a penetrating good team.....even with that one loss you could argue they were one of the greatest teams ever

packerd_00

oh i agree....and those two guys....give us the most they possibly can.....so i cant be mad.....believe me....im proud of this team....even if they get whooped next week....many will call them losers and chokers or whatever.....for me...anything from here on out is gravy.....their defense has been decimated up the middle.....their offense is limited....yet they are still finding ways to win games......

they can still win next week...hopefully jamie collins continues to progress(that int of luck was a great play by him)....logan ryan is playing decent ball.....they are getting contributions everywhere....a guy like volmer goes down and marcus cannon steps in(this was a kid that was projected as a 2nd round talent before a cancer scare that belichick snapped up in the 6th round)......what theyve done this year...to be this good is amazing to me
    Thats why I get so annoyed with Detroit they had a full team with great weapons and still lost 6 of there last 7 games. The Patriots give it all the got GB is very similar, they play with alot of heart,gotta respect that.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Jags were a playoff team in 2005 and 2007. Titans won it with 13 wins in 2008. The Jags were one win away from clinching the division in 2010 when Peyton literally dragged the team from a 6-6 record to win the last 4 and win the division with a team that had zero shot to win anything in the playoffs. Want anymore years? The Colts were a Wild Card playoff team in 2002, Dungy's first year as coach. Almost always a contender each year. Titans were good in 03 and 04 as well, you forget about Steve McNair? He shared the MVP with Peyton one year.

idiot
    You conveniently forget the expansion Texans. Jax had 1 or 2 good years. TEN had 3 or 4 good years, that's it.

First 1234