Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

You guys act as if Lynch really cares about the clock situation. It's his job to run forward and get yards, you think he has time to run, avoid getting his head knocked off, dodge tackles and then not get a TD when he's wide open for the run? No way he's thinking about the clock nor should he have to. It's his job to run and get TDs, it's up to the D to do its job and protect the lead. I can't believe what I'm reading....lol.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    Actually your dumb, not Lynch. If you do not understand the score, the time the downs and the probabilities of being up 15 points with 2:20 left or rather have to try fg kick with 40 secs left and if you miss 1 score can tie it.
    They wouldn't have had to kick the FG, genius. 3 knees wins the game at that point.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Do the math. The game is over if Lynch is tackled in the field of play. Saints had no timeouts, clock runs to 2-minute warning. 3 knees after 2-minute warning, game is over. This is not complicated. Brian Westbrook went down in a similar spot years ago against Dallas and pissed off all his fantasy players. But most players always take the TD.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    You guys act as if Lynch really cares about the clock situation. It's his job to run forward and get yards, you think he has time to run, avoid getting his head knocked off, dodge tackles and then not get a TD when he's wide open for the run? No way he's thinking about the clock nor should he have to. It's his job to run and get TDs, it's up to the D to do its job and protect the lead. I can't believe what I'm reading....lol.
    It's been done before by more intelligent RB's. Brian Westbrook comes to mind.

(EDIT: I made this post right before reading Seattle Slew's post above so I apologize if it seems like I was plagiarizing but obviously SS and I are on the same page)

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

OP is an idiot, nothing to see here

Seattle Slew

Lynch can't be blamed, IMO. It's up to Carroll and his coaches to tell the players what the situation is. They obviously didn't, and they didn't care, since everyone on Seattle was high-fiving Lynch when he came over, Carroll, Cable and the OC.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I tend to agree. Hindsight is 20-20 and it is easy to make these arm chair shoulda, couldA, woulda statements after the moment passes

You pay Lynch for beast mode. Not beast mode with an option for super analytical strategery in the midst of adrenaline pumping play where 11 guys are trying to maim you And strip the ball.

Luckycharms2012

Everyone here sitting on their fat asses clutching their losing tickets and bitching because a running back broke 2 tackles and got a TD AS IF he did something wrong. These guys are playing with intensity and instincts. Lynch is doing his job, 2 TDs over 150 yards rushing, he can give two fukks about the spread. I had Saints +9.5, it's not like I wanted him to score that TD either but I expected nothing less.

BriGuy

Everyone here sitting on their fat asses clutching their losing tickets and bitching because a running back broke 2 tackles and got a TD AS IF he did something wrong. These guys are playing with intensity and instincts. Lynch is doing his job, 2 TDs over 150 yards rushing, he can give two fukks about the spread.
    Uh, New Orleans got a TD after Lynch's So the N.O. bettors upset that he scored aren't clutching losing tickets, my ignorant friend.

Luckycharms2012

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Uh, New Orleans got a TD after Lynch's So the N.O. bettors upset that he scored aren't clutching losing tickets, my ignorant friend.
    I had Saints +9.5 too, I just think it's ridiculous that ppl would complain that a rb ran in for a td when wide open. You play to win, you have a td you take it.

Seattle Slew

What really could have saved Seattle backers was if Lynch got pushed out of bounds at 2:40. They wouldn't be able to run the clock out and then would have had to kick the FG if they didn't punch the TD in on the next 3 runs.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    Actually your dumb, not Lynch. If you do not understand the score, the time the downs and the probabilities of being up 15 points with 2:20 left or rather have to try fg kick with 40 secs left and if you miss 1 score can tie it.
    1st-10, NO31 2:40 M. Lynch rushed to the left for 31 yard touchdown. S. Hauschka made PAT

Now do the math. By the time they wind the clock they wouldn't have to run a play before the 2-min warning. 1st down at 2 minutes with no def. TO's = 3 knees = game over. Get a clue and then come back.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Seahawks went up by two scores which means with less than 2:30 left on the clock the Saints have to

Drive 80 yards and score a TD
    Recover an onside kick
    Score another TD
    Convert a 2-point conversion

You're making a huge deal over a decision that did not affect the outcome of the game. And even statistically, it was almost impossible for the Saints to come back and they weren't even close. Even if they did all the above, they would still have to win in OT.

So either would have been fine but quit acting like Lynch almost cost the Seahawks the game. The play was equally as smart as taking a knee, statistically speaking.

But I see you've already made your mind up and are incapable of coming off your position. You got little man syndrome. You remind me of my short brother.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Seahawks went up by two scores which means with less than 2:30 left on the clock the Saints have to

Drive 80 yards and score a TD
    Recover an onside kick
    Score another TD
    Convert a 2-point conversion

You're making a huge deal over a decision that did not affect the outcome of the game. And even statistically, it was almost impossible for the Saints to come back and they weren't even close. Even if they did all the above, they would still have to win in OT.

So either would have been fine but quit acting like Lynch almost cost the Seahawks the game. The play was equally as smart as taking a knee, statistically speaking.

But I see you've already made your mind up and are incapable of coming off your position. You got little man syndrome. You remind me of my short brother.
    And they damn near did it. Granted, when he scored the Saints probably had a 1-2% chance of winning. But 1-2% is still greater than 0%. I probably went too far in calling Lynch dumb. That;s not an easy decision in real-time. I was more trying to say that if he had chosen to go down it would have been the correct decision in that situation.
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave d2bets 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I can't argue that taking a knee would have been fine.

You're a good contributor D2, so

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

He thought about it, look closely as he hesitates...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    You overthink this shit guy.

he said cutler is good

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

he was hungry for some skittles and took it to da house

First 12