bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    GB couldn't save Hernandez if NE couldn't. My take in the Hernandez case is that he was in gang life so deep, it's amazing NE even took a chance on him. But I know what you mean about GB, I really love the Johnny Jolly comeback story this season, in prison for 6 months and out of the NFL for years due to drug suspensions, but played well this year he until ended up on IR.
    my point about hernandez is this...if hes in gb...minnesota....somewhere....his boys cant fly up i-95 to attleboro at a moments notice and make it there in two hours.....it was too easy for hernadez to be around it....not to say if he was somewhere else he still couldnt have funded things....but would have been less hands on.....

in manziels case....there will be a circus around this kid anywhere....but less of a circus if he isnt in texas

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Gonna be a beast jets better make it happen
    Gotta stick with Geno,you only just drafted him last year.

FR3SH like UgHH
    FR3SH like UgHH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1194

didn't read.

BUT if Texans retain the #1 pick...

there going to take Manziel.

...just makes too much sense.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    my point about hernandez is this...if hes in gb...minnesota....somewhere....his boys cant fly up i-95 to attleboro at a moments notice and make it there in two hours.....it was too easy for hernadez to be around it....not to say if he was somewhere else he still couldnt have funded things....but would have been less hands on.....

in manziels case....there will be a circus around this kid anywhere....but less of a circus if he isnt in texas
    Jacksonville would be a good spot for him.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Rome mentioned this yesterday on his show. He made a couple interesting points but the one thing that "bag" missed was the personnel aspect. He suggested trading up and taking Johnny while keeping Tony. Nice try Jim but that would NEVER happen! On the other hand trading Tony to Houston and a couple picks would make much more sense for Texans than drafting Johnny. Love the kid he's amazing and fun to watch and I believe he has potential to be a great nfl QB. My main question at the next level is maturity and is he coachable?!? None of that matters to JJ though because all he cares about is the show and that people are engaged, talking about it more than the quality of the product. And without question Manziel would be the talk of the whole league with a star on his helmet even if they are a 5-11 team!

kid_mikey_84
    kid_mikey_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate when people have ideas that are just "out there" and unrealistic. This is like when douche bags start convincing themselves that Lebron is going back to Cleveland.

burgaweddie
    burgaweddie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Dallas fans are MORONS, Manziel will never be around when you pick, and No Cowboys fan here but get a f k n defense in Dallas and Romo could lead you to the promise land

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Rome mentioned this yesterday on his show. He made a couple interesting points but the one thing that "bag" missed was the personnel aspect. He suggested trading up and taking Johnny while keeping Tony. Nice try Jim but that would NEVER happen! On the other hand trading Tony to Houston and a couple picks would make much more sense for Texans than drafting Johnny. Love the kid he's amazing and fun to watch and I believe he has potential to be a great nfl QB. My main question at the next level is maturity and is he coachable?!? None of that matters to JJ though because all he cares about is the show and that people are engaged, talking about it more than the quality of the product. And without question Manziel would be the talk of the whole league with a star on his helmet even if they are a 5-11 team!
    Johnny isnt the type of player that would want to play backup for years,Rome is talking out of his ass.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Agreed guys no way Johnny slides past 5. I think this is a trade move or nothing but highly unlikely to happen. Just interesting pre draft talk and I would not put anything past Jerry. And you know he's probably mulling it ov in his head and all the marketing potential this would create.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

That was my point Packerd Rome is a d-bag and more about a "show" that talking sports sense. But we agree Manziel would have no part of this and neither would Romo. And unless you want to give away Hershel Walker type draft picks without Tony in the deal the bounty for a trade up is way too steep.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by FR3SH like UgHH View Post
    didn't read.

BUT if Texans retain the #1 pick...

there going to take Manziel.

...just makes too much sense.
    There is no way in hell Manziel is worth a #1 pick. Wasn't the talk before the season that he was maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder? Now he's #1? What a joke. The crap he did is going nowhere in the NFL. He likes to run backward. He will get clobbered.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    If Manziel goes anywhere in the top 3, he'll be one of, if not the biggest bust of all time.

Sure, he's athletically gifted, but the bullshit he pulls in college just doesn't work in the pros, he's one of the luckiest players I've ever seen step on the field.

Corners in the NFL are far superior to college corners, so chucking up a bunch of miracle jump ball Hail Marys won't work anymore.

He's not a pocket passer. What made him so successful in college is scrambling for 6-10 seconds waiting for coverage to break down, again, something that he won't be able to do in the pros.

IMO, this kid has just about no chance to be successful in the NFL.
    had the best o-line and best wr too.

packerd_00

That was my point Packerd Rome is a d-bag and more about a "show" that talking sports sense. But we agree Manziel would have no part of this and neither would Romo. And unless you want to give away Hershel Walker type draft picks without Tony in the deal the bounty for a trade up is way too steep.

Yeah I didnt use to mind the guy so much,but he talks alot of sh@t, trys to hard to be cool and it just doesnt suit him.

We certainly do agree about Manziel,we know he's a gamer not one of those types of players that can sit back patienly and wait his turn,who knows how long Romo will last as starter he's still got alot of Football left in him.

Romos the golden boy in Dallas, if anyone wanted him like you said theyd have to give up a kings ransom to get him plus theyd have to eat alot of his massive contract.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

the kid is going 1, 3, 4, or 5. End of story and end of a lot of these dumb post. Tony Romo lmfao. I know a lot of these teams scouting departments are as dumb as they come but nobody but Rich Kotite or Andy Reid would make that ridiculous move. MIght make the 17 pick lol,lol,oooooohhhhhhhhhhh, lol.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    There is no way in hell Manziel is worth a #1 pick. Wasn't the talk before the season that he was maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder? Now he's #1? What a joke. The crap he did is going nowhere in the NFL. He likes to run backward. He will get clobbered.
    What do u mean his accuracy? His field awareness? His allusiveness? You got to be kidding me dude making him sound like an average QB. Are u that same guy who argued with me that Eli was better than Peyton or are u the guy who told me RG3 would be better than Andrew Luck?

packerd_00

I dont like to say guys cant succeed until theyve shown me they cant,I can remember very vividly when alot of folks didnt think Aaron Rodgers would succed in GB, and Favre should get his job back.

You know the rest of the story.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Thor it's just an open debate based on speculation. As I clearly stated they would have to send Tony and a couple picks to the Texans for this to be a possibility. Romo in Houston makes a lot more sense than other options I would think. They are not the scrub team their record reflects and a shot in the arm at Qb could have them back in the hunt in '14 again. Now there is no sure fire guys in free agency and none in the draft either so Tony to Houston?!?

On the flipside Jones would have to be overcome with the intrigue of bringing Johnny in and the marketing possibilities while at the same time giving the team a new look and possible spark as well. Maybe he is getting tired of the 8-8 Romo show every year. Which is not all his fault by any means. But what does Jerry know about football? Lol

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

romo is gonna win a lot of games in dallas, he just isn't winning a superbowl that we all know already. manziere has more upside at this point and will sell a lot more crap in the stores.

packerd_00

Dallas needs to focus on Defense in this draft.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Romo is a very talented Qb as well despite his perceived "clutch flaw". I think a change of scenery could do wonders for him as well and maybe he could reach his full potential under a smaller microscope and without an idiot like JJ standing in the way. Hell I'm starting to talk myself more and more into this hahaha. If I'm Houston's gm I'm calling Dallas and asking that mumbling, stuttering prick if he wants to ship Tony and a couple picks to my stocked team that is a qb short of the next level and gets Manziel in return. Hey Jerry you could open a store with nothing but Manziel merch in one of the spots in your strip mall inside that stadium imagine the $$$$. And every sports show in Merica will not be able to stop talking Dallas Cowboys football.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

6' / 200 lbs

The next Fran Tarkenton ?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Dallas needs too many players to trade say a Romo and a 2 and 3, or even Romo a 2 and a 2 next year.

It may be tempting to package up an aging Tony and a pair of 2's but not a smart move. If anything, I could see Dallas trading down and grabbin a couple of 2's swapping their 1st pick with someone picking lower.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do a poll in the state of texas who they rather have as QB

Romo is a loser with zero desire to win

Manziel wins 75% of the vote

Thor4140

Thor it's just an open debate based on speculation. As I clearly stated they would have to send Tony and a couple picks to the Texans for this to be a possibility. Romo in Houston makes a lot more sense than other options I would think. They are not the scrub team their record reflects and a shot in the arm at Qb could have them back in the hunt in '14 again. Now there is no sure fire guys in free agency and none in the draft either so Tony to Houston?!?

On the flipside Jones would have to be overcome with the intrigue of bringing Johnny in and the marketing possibilities while at the same time giving the team a new look and possible spark as well. Maybe he is getting tired of the 8-8 Romo show every year. Which is not all his fault by any means. But what does Jerry know about football? Lol
    RP i was talking about JJ Gold. I think he wants the deal to go straight up Romo for Johnny or even Houston give up johnny and three number 1's to get Romo lol.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Interesting talk and I know nothing's gonna happen. But I'd love to see Romo on another team, Dallas is an albatross.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Love watching Johnny play…the camera loves him and he will fill seats. But he is going to find out what many other quick QBs have found out…the pro game is very quick and takes a real period of adjustment. That is Johnny's strength…quickness. Johnny is still very small and he will be hit like never before.

SBR_John
    Wisky

The highest I've seen him taken in mock drafts is 4th by Cleveland.
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...k-draft-1.html
    Most have Johnny 8th to 15th.

Let's say Dallas needs to swap 1st picks with Cleveland to get Johnny. The deal might get done if you offer up Romo and a number 3 pick to swap 1st round picks with Cleveland.

I would do that trade if I was Cleveland, I would do it if I were Dallas. Then I would bring in McCown or some decent journeyman to start next year while Johnny is groomed and adds 10 lbs of muscle.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Manziel needs to back up Breese for a few years and run that system or one like it. He needs to learn from a vet his first couple years. He is tremendously undersized. He don't got Russell Wilson size hands or strength either.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Manziel needs to back up Breese for a few years and run that system or one like it. He needs to learn from a vet his first couple years. He is tremendously undersized. He don't got Russell Wilson size hands or strength either.
    Russel Wilson

5'10" 206lbs

Johnny Manziel

6'1" 210lbs

NEXT

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Russel Wilson

5'10" 206lbs

Johnny Manziel

6'1" 210lbs

NEXT
    Plz deuce. That's what he us listed at, guy is neither of those.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Bovada has an Over/Under prop for when Johnny gets drafted. So if any of you think Houston or even Cleveland would grab him take the under.

2014 NFL DRAFT SPECIAL - Draft Position - Johnny Manziel

Over/Under 4½ pick

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Good one Joe, you hooked em.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Manziel will not be a good NFL quarterback
    I don't know this kid, but I just watched the old SBR video of him winning the poker tournament. IMO he is probably a total Rainman.....Manziel should not be drafted....teams be warned.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    If Manziel goes anywhere in the top 3, he'll be one of, if not the biggest bust of all time.

Sure, he's athletically gifted, but the bullshit he pulls in college just doesn't work in the pros, he's one of the luckiest players I've ever seen step on the field.

Corners in the NFL are far superior to college corners, so chucking up a bunch of miracle jump ball Hail Marys won't work anymore.

He's not a pocket passer. What made him so successful in college is scrambling for 6-10 seconds waiting for coverage to break down, again, something that he won't be able to do in the pros.

IMO, this kid has just about no chance to be successful in the NFL.
    Next Doug Flutie.....if somebody doesn't give up on him, he will make it and be a fan fave for years to come.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NFL owners just want to make money

Winning second

Get Johnny make massive amount of money

Nick Sabin said Johnny fiercest competitor that ever played college football

First 123 Last