Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

Holy line movement, batman!...Plenty of action on both sides of this game!...Carolina opens up as a 2.5 pt fav, then it quickly drops to a pk'em, then it skyrockets to San Fran (-2) and now it drops way back down to a pick'em again!....This line is going back and forth like a pendulum!...

TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Quote Originally Posted by romanowski View Post
    Here are just a few popular notions in the national media/ESPN debunked:

San Francisco has a far superior offense.

While the 49ers do score an average of only 3 more points per game than the Panthers, the Panthers win in passing yards, third down conversion percentage, and most importantly Time of Possession.

This game could certainly come down to which defense is more rested.

Kaepernick and Newton are equal.

Cam Newton is superior to Colin Kaepernick in every way. Cam has a higher completion percentage. Cam has more passing yards. Cam has more touchdowns. Cam has more rushing yards. All of this with less weapons. Sorry Niners fans, Kaep is no Cam. Much better both release and pocket mechanics. Kaep has the strongest arm in the league, but not far behind is Cam with much better accuracy plus better ball to catch ( spiral). Honestly Cam throws the nicest looking ball in the league.

I have a feeling people generally dislike Cam because of his history at Auburn, cockiness etc. A bias that wont let them see. Hes a much better passer, and rushes between the tackles much better( Kaep only runs on the edges, Cam can do both), along with faster, hes the better football player and QB. This time last year, Kaep stood where Cam is now, first playoffs, and he responded. We are also talking about a time when the zone/read hadnt been neutralized by NFL defenses yet I.E RG3 was succeeding at that time too.

Fact is with more healthy weapons now or not. Kaep does not go through his progressions in the pocket very much. Hes a primary target QB at this point in his career. Cam is not, he goes through all his progressions, hence his better stats with less weapons.

The 49ers Defense is equal to the Panthers defense

While the 49ers do have a good defense, it isn't quite at the level of Carolina. Carolina wins in nearly every category. Points allowed per game, rushing yards allowed, passing yards allowed, Sacks, all in the Panthers favor. Pass rush being the glaring difference, where the Panthers showcase two bookends and led the league with 60 sacks, Niners have 38, and it showed when they played each other. Kaeps terrible mechanics showed ten fold with a pass rush in his face almost every down along with 6 sacks.

Taking all of that into consideration, it is the Panthers who are playing at home after resting for a week.

You decide if experience trumps the slightly better team this year statistically rested. If you think this team who averages 26 points a game at home, only once held under 17 ( vs Seattle), rested wont be flying all over the field, and just fold under pressure.

Prior to Sunday no Super Bowl loser won their 1st round game if it was on the road. One hurdle for the Niners overcome.

Anyone who thinks this is a slam dunk for the Niners on experience alone, best of luck

http://www.49ers.com/gameday/season-schedule.html
    http://www.panthers.com/schedule/schedule.html

How about we compare these 2 teams vs. common opponents.

Total Points 49ers
    231-181 (23.1 - 18.1 per game)

Total Points Panthers
    196-151 (19.6 - 15.1 per game)

Wins/Losses 49ers
    7-3

Wins/Losses Panthers
    7-3

Combined Record of Common Teams (Divisional Teams Counted Twice)
    49ers
    91-61

Panthers
    80-80

It just goes on and on and on. 49ers played a harder schedule against better defenses. You have to look at the big picture...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Parligod

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by TheKLB View Post
    http://www.49ers.com/gameday/season-schedule.html
    http://www.panthers.com/schedule/schedule.html

How about we compare these 2 teams vs. common opponents.

Total Points 49ers
    231-181 (23.1 - 18.1 per game)

Total Points Panthers
    196-151 (19.6 - 15.1 per game)

Wins/Losses 49ers
    7-3

Wins/Losses Panthers
    7-3

Combined Record of Common Teams (Divisional Teams Counted Twice)
    49ers
    91-61

Panthers
    80-80

It just goes on and on and on. 49ers played a harder schedule against better defenses. You have to look at the big picture...

obviously they played a harder schedule. they were in the superbowl the year before.

TheKLB

...obviously...

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Go niners!

BTW got niners pk and Carolina+3 at bovada 😁

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Yeah I may try and tease both sides of this. Think this game is decided by a few points? Is my analysis way off?

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Yeah I may try and tease both sides of this. Think this game is decided by a few points? Is my analysis way off?
    Both good teams especially on defense. Take the side that gives points if you can tease past +7 you're in good position. 49ers and Panthers rarely get blown out by opponents and if they take a lead they may just nurse it and burn clock. Also lower scoring games favor the underdog and this may turn out to be a slug-fest.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Holy line movement, batman!...Plenty of action on both sides of this game!...Carolina opens up as a 2.5 pt fav, then it quickly drops to a pk'em, then it skyrockets to San Fran (-2) and now it drops way back down to a pick'em again!....This line is going back and forth like a pendulum!...
    I never saw Carolina-2.5-----no way

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

LB is the fukkin man (if the Panthers win)..... Except he predicted the Saints AND Chargers to win too

would like to hear which is strongest?

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    sorry people but sf is not impressing me this year. i know they look unbeatable right now but lets be realistic. gb was an awful football team and sf barely beat them. capers came up with a good plan to keep sf in check. rivera is a sound defensive coach. he will find a way to shut down sf like he did last time. on top of that kap will not get that space he got v gb. sf run game wont do shit. crabtree the " greatest catcher ever" will be a non factor. stupid comments like harbaugh made haunt people. yeah cam is dumb and black and he is expected to make mistakes but the reality is carolina is in a good spot here playing the early game ( let manning be the choker later). kap is not a winner. people will soon find out how hard it is to win when you play a real defense.

panthers ml +105 ( good amount)

this is the dumbest explanation i think ive ever read on this forum for any game

theres no way youre betting anything other than air in all the losers you post week after week

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Why did you say "yeah cam is dumb and black and he is expected to make mistakes".

Why not just say, "Yeah cam is dumb and expected to make mistakes"?

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Did you really make an argument that Carolina is in a good spot because it's the early game? That was seriously part of your argument? You think the players are sitting in the locker room before a huge playoff game saying "Thank god we are playing at 1:00 and not 4:30. I would be so nervous at 4:30. I am totally relaxed at 1:00"

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

not on the road.
    SF beat AZ on the road week 17, that's a top 10 defense. SF is 7-2 on the road with losses @SEA and @NO, which are two of the toughest road gigs in the NFL right now. Most of those road wins were blowouts. The only weakness I see for SF is that they only won @GB 23-20, otherwise everything seems to line up for SF winning @ CAR.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

I like Carolina in this game too but let's not forget, they only beat SF by 1 point in SF at a final score of 10-9 earlier this year. My gut tells me also that the Carolina defense was playing better at that time then it is now. As for the extra week of rest, one always hears 2 sides to this: It can help in being sharp or hinder by being rusty. Given Bodog has Carolina at +3, I'll be opting to tease it up to +10. Best of luck in your plays.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Did you really make an argument that Carolina is in a good spot because it's the early game? That was seriously part of your argument? You think the players are sitting in the locker room before a huge playoff game saying "Thank god we are playing at 1:00 and not 4:30. I would be so nervous at 4:30. I am totally relaxed at 1:00"
    the travel is the bigger issue.

5 hour flight to green bay, 5 hours back to san fran then 5 hours to carolina.

and not to mention its a 10am local start time for the 49ers.

they gotta be jet lagged as fukk

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

49ers 3-15 all time ats vs carolina

0-5 last 5 Ats at carolina

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

oh and Ted Ginn Jr revenge factor

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    I like Carolina in this game too but let's not forget, they only beat SF by 1 point in SF at a final score of 10-9 earlier this year. My gut tells me also that the Carolina defense was playing better at that time then it is now. As for the extra week of rest, one always hears 2 sides to this: It can help in being sharp or hinder by being rusty. Given Bodog has Carolina at +3, I'll be opting to tease it up to +10. Best of luck in your plays.
    Great point on that Bodog line, tease the fuk out of that. I'm teasing the SF +1 lines too, hopefully we get another defensive slug fest and middle the hell out of this game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    oh and Ted Ginn Jr revenge factor
    You seriously can't be this stupid.

The "Ted Ginn Jr. revenge factor"?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

sorry people but sf is not impressing me this year. i know they look unbeatable right now but lets be realistic. gb was an awful football team and sf barely beat them. capers came up with a good plan to keep sf in check. rivera is a sound defensive coach. he will find a way to shut down sf like he did last time. on top of that kap will not get that space he got v gb. sf run game wont do shit. crabtree the " greatest catcher ever" will be a non factor. stupid comments like harbaugh made haunt people. yeah cam is dumb and black and he is expected to make mistakes but the reality is carolina is in a good spot here playing the early game ( let manning be the choker later). kap is not a winner. people will soon find out how hard it is to win when you play a real defense.

panthers ml +105 ( good amount)

"unreal. fukking niners gonna be hosting the nfc title game against saints"

Didnt you say this earlier in the week???? Which one is it, why are you flopping around? Add confusion and get more views?
    Points Awarded:

TheKLB gave goduke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Don't agree with a lot of the reasoning, but I think LB is on the right side of this one. This is probably the only game I play this week.

TheKLB

NFL Playoffs record of teams down by at least 28 points at any time during the game (before 1/3/2014). 1-35

And after 1/3/2014?
    2-35

See how pointless that is? It might give you insight to a general idea of the outcome, but it is still pointless. And it makes your bets as good as guesses. Drew Brees has never won a road playoff game, oh wait...

Harbaugh is something like 14-3 when traveling east. He is 0-1 against Carolina, must mean he will never beat Carolina in your book?

(I guessed on the 1-35 record above, it is actually worse since that only includes losses of 30 points or more. Seeing as 28 points is the 2nd largest deficit overcome, it doesn't really matter and still proves my point)

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You seriously can't be this stupid.

The "Ted Ginn Jr. revenge factor"?
    ted's mother is a even more pissed, add that in for good measure

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

The 49ers dont have anyone fast enough to play man coverage on Ted Ginn Jr.

Watch him do his classic stutter and go technique.

And i hope whoever covers Steve Smith talks shit to him.

That gets him fired up.

The only way the Panthers fukk this up is if they throw to Greg Olsen on those underneath routes.

Everytime i see Cam do this it drives me crazy

BOLBestOfLuck$
    BOLBestOfLuck$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Wassup Lakerboy & Vyomguy! I believe both of y'all are good guys! but, can't we all just get along? haha j/k

My thought on this 49er vs. car game: I think this game is a game of Halve. let me explain? I believe the best bet is to lay off FG (Full Game) and FH (First Half) Wait for SH (second half) action. I believe which ever team is up end of 1st half will lose vs. the 2nd half spread 85% in this case!
    If this do not make any sense it will when i post me 2nd half play for this game Sunday! Anyhow good luck to all! BOL

I am the one
    I am the one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by BOLBestOfLuck$ View Post
    Wassup Lakerboy & Vyomguy! I believe both of y'all are good guys! but, can't we all just get along? haha j/k

My thought on this 49er vs. car game: I think this game is a game of Halve. let me explain? I believe the best bet is to lay off FG (Full Game) and FH (First Half) Wait for SH (second half) action. I believe which ever team is up end of 1st half will lose vs. the 2nd half spread 85% in this case!
    If this do not make any sense it will when i post me 2nd half play for this game Sunday! Anyhow good luck to all! BOL

STFU noob

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by I am the one View Post
    STFU noob
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 349
Size:  5.2 KBlol

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

The 49ers dont have anyone fast enough to play man coverage on Ted Ginn Jr.

Watch him do his classic stutter and go technique.

And i hope whoever covers Steve Smith talks shit to him.

That gets him fired up.

The only way the Panthers fukk this up is if they throw to Greg Olsen on those underneath routes.

Everytime i see Cam do this it drives me crazy
    For real though Bear? Ginn is nothing more than a WR3 and unfortunately, it looks like Smith will come into this game hobbled.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

i hate trends more and more each year.....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

i dont like my chances here. i am going against the vyomguy.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Scam newton!!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Hard to say on this game. I think Kaep will be kept at bay. Just not a big fan of his against an elite defense. However, I don't see Carolina having much success. W/O Steve Smith, that offense just isn't very explosive. Thinking the Under may be the best play here.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

looking forward to the forum burial, a staggering majority on the niners.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Sir you own the nfl playoffs but you are going down here.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Potentate View Post
    For real though Bear? Ginn is nothing more than a WR3 and unfortunately, it looks like Smith will come into this game hobbled.
    I actually think bear is on to something with ginn today. When I watch sf I typically think speed in the slot is a place they are vunerable, the pass rush mask it done but Cams ability to keep upright and extend plays could lead to ginn springing free for a big play or 2. I actually used him in a flex in few weekly fantasy leagues...

First 1234 Last