LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by bh9889 View Post
    Niners could barely score on GB shitty defense, what makes you think they score more on a much better Panther defense at home?
    They won't be playing in -20 wind chill this time. And besides, 49ers did not have much trouble moving the ball vs. the Packers, it seemed whenever they needed a big play to keep a drive alive, they got it. I suspect they'll do a better job finishing drives this week, given their enormous edge in post-season experience over Panthers.
    Points Awarded:

italianbandit gave LT Profits 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i am on panthers , wish i had seen this earlier

i think vyomguy is something like 18-2 in his last 20 posted plays
    You shouldn't be gambling. You spent lots of time in another post saying how you would be $10k on SF if you could etc etc. You're too confused to be doing this. Why don't you do Fantasy Sports.
    SF won't lose this game.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Always easy to completely disregard someone's post when they say something like "never will lose" or "won't lose" and have that team in their avatar

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Always easy to completely disregard someone's post when they say something like "never will lose" or "won't lose" and have that team in their avatar
    Then I will say it, SF won't lose this game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    They won't be playing in -20 wind chill this time. And besides, 49ers did not have much trouble moving the ball vs. the Packers, it seemed whenever they needed a big play to keep a drive alive, they got it. I suspect they'll do a better job finishing drives this week, given their enormous edge in post-season experience over Panthers.
    besides kap making some big plays i didnt see much from sf .if frank gore is rushing 20 times for 66 yards this game they aint winning. besides kap isnt gonna rush for 98 yards. sf owned gb before and it didnt change. carolina is just a much better opponent. they wont let sf do much.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    besides kap making some big plays i didnt see much from sf .if frank gore is rushing 20 times for 66 yards this game they aint winning. besides kap isnt gonna rush for 98 yards. sf owned gb before and it didnt change. carolina is just a much better opponent. they wont let sf do much.
    People are ignoring the fact that the 49ers were probably the best team in the NFL over the second half of the season. Stop looking at one game played in extreme conditions, the Niners' best game should trump Carolina's best game here.

lakerboy

People are ignoring the fact that the 49ers were probably the best team in the NFL over the second half of the season. Stop looking at one game played in extreme conditions, the Niners' best game should trump Carolina's best game here.

they went 6-2 the second hf. they lost to car and nor.

they beat wash/stl/tb/atl ( all shit teams ) and they beat 2 decent teams. sea and arizona. they could have lost either of those two games. lets not ignore the fact that sf was 2-4 entering the playoffs vs teams that made the playoffs.

on the other hand carolina was 3-2 vs playoff teams including the niners. i know know sf was not healthy then. yet they were laying 7 points.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

they beat wash/stl/tb/atl ( all shit teams ) and they beat 2 decent teams. sea and arizona. they could have lost either of those two games. lets not ignore the fact that sf was 2-4 entering the playoffs vs teams that made the playoffs.

on the other hand carolina was 3-2 vs playoff teams including the niners. i know know sf was not healthy then. yet they were laying 7 points.

shut up loser. you know nothing about the nfl and your picks are sh1t. stop wasting internet space

LT Profits

They were fine against Carolina until Davis got hurt, than all the Panthers had to do was cover Boldin and Kaep had nobody to throw too. Now Davis and Crabtree healthy. And losing by three points at New Orleans is not a bad loss, nobody else came closer to winning there. Also SF management intentionally reined in Kaep from running a lot during the season to keep him healthy, that goes out the window in the playoffs so the runs you saw last week were not an aberration. The 49ers are a complete team right now except for maybe at safely, but the defensive line does a good job of covering that up.

dshaffe4
    dshaffe4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1680

Coming from a Carolina fan going to the game Sunday so take my analysis with a grain of salt... The Panthers have the perfect recipe to contain an offense like the 49ers. Scheme wise it couldn't get any better for us and it showed in the first meeting. We play a zone based coverage about 90% of the time. Are defense is rare in the fact that it can generate so much pressure with only 4 down linemen while dropping 7 back in coverage. For this reason it is very hard for a mobile QB to exploit us which his legs. Kap was able to run wild on GB because they tried to play man coverage across the board for most of the game. They had to bring extra men in order to create pressure on him. Kap was able to exploit this by stepping up in the pocket and taking off. Rarely did GB spy him and therefore he was basically an uncovered runner throughout the whole game. Take into count that Kap struggles heavily going thru his progressions and usually looks for only his primary target before deciding to take off and run. With the amount of pressure Carolina will create with just 4 linemen, Kap will be forced to abandon his progressions quicker than normal and then try to run into a 7 man zone coverage. This was evident in the 1st matchup when Carolina held him to only 16yrds rushing. I agree with you guys about Crabtree being back, but when your being pressured they way he will be, it will be very tough for him to find Crab or any receiver for that matter if they are not his primary read. Dropping back and seeing 7 guys in coverage will make it very difficult for him to pass to anyone especially if you can't stay in the pocket and go thru your progressions. This was clearly evident in the 1st matchup and Kap became extremely frustrated by it. Honestly I can't see them putting up more than 14-17 pts against us.

For Carolinas offensive side of the ball... We like to implore a lot of 3 WR sets similar to what GB did and where they found a lot of success running the ball out of. This forces SF to spread out and play more of their nickel coverage where I can see us having some success both running in between the tackles and throwing against a nicked up CB crew. I could see SF playing both man and zone coverage throughout the game. Playing man with a nicked up CB crew could cause problems for them with speedster Ginn and also allowing Cam to take off and run if no one is open. Playing zone could also be problematic relying on younger CB's to stay with their assignments against a mobile QB and the intricate route combinations Carolina likes to use. Cam has showed all season that he is willing to take what the defense gives him. If your gonna play man, he will make his reads and takeoff is no one is open. If you play zone, he will go thru his progressions and check down if necessary with the upmost importance in not turning the ball over. This is not an extremely potent offense but I do see it being a lot more successful then it was in the 1st matchup. It will be tough on SF playing a extremely physical team after just playing an extremely physical game in GB. I also loved how the SF players acted after the win in GB. It seemed like they were so confident in the way they played and seemed extremely happy like they had just won the Super Bowl even though they were inches away from probably losing that game(dropped interception by GB). Kap really pissed me off when he never congratulated or mentioned how well our defense played in the 1st matchup and then yesterday day all he had to say was "we owe them". I just think this team and their coach is a bit too confident right now and already not respecting their opponent. Throw in the travel miles, the Ric Flair effect(Google it), and the fact that everyone is loving the 49ers for this game already, I'll take the home playoff underdog 24-16 all day.

Originally Posted by STAX
    Carolina will contain SF, I agree, but Carolina will still have to find the endzone at least twice to win and I dont think they can do it, not enough firepower on offense. SF wins 20-10

Yes I absolutely agree with you about this offense, but I find it will be extremely difficult for SF to score points on this defense that only allows 12ppg at home and for the above matchup problem I laid out above. Like I said, I see SF scoring between 14-17 points and that may be being a bit lenient. With the total posted around 42, the points have to come from somewhere else. I don't see SF doing anything special teams wise because Gano won't allow a return and our punt team is exceptional on coverage. Don't see a defensive score from SF because I believe the ball will be protected at all cost in this game. So the the other 25 or so points must be accounted for by Carolina. And I could easily see a defensive score from Carolina and a kick/punt return from Mr. Ginn to account for those points. So it's not just about Carolinas offense, you have to look out for their ability to score on defense and speedster Ginn to take one to the house on his former team. I guarantee you this place will be rocking come Sunday and I just don't think SF can pull off another victory on the road against this defensive scheme. BOL to you guys!

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Always easy to completely disregard someone's post when they say something like "never will lose "won't lose" and have that team in their avatar
    Agree, but there are some individuals (not many on this site) that can transcend team fandem and differentiate those emotions from making an investment. You can take a look at my posts and determine which category I fit in. Its fun to make a bold statement like that (like I did last week), but if you want more technical terms - I strongly feel the Santa Clara Niners are undervalued.
    Last edited by italianbandit; 01-09-14 at 01:01 AM.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Frisco here or nothing Panthers had an amazing year and were amazing at home....but so were the Bungles! Give me experience and the better coach in Jan to prevail. Get it Frisco!!

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    49ers will beat panthers.

Good Luck.
    nice to see you on this....GL

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

I think getting the +3 is key for CAR. I see a 14-13 or a 20-21 game.

lakerboy

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

My biggest wager on a single game thus far $500 on SF ML!

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Really like this.

have fun vyombrahmer

BOLBestOfLuck$
    BOLBestOfLuck$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    49ers will beat panthers.

Good Luck.
    Good luck my man! BOL

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I'm going to put 10 units on this as well Vyomguy -1 @ -103.

This 49ers defense will provide the separation we need for the cover. Everyone is talking about Kaepernick's receivers but this game will be won with defense.

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Crabtree, Vernon Davis, and former pill popper Aldon Smith all missed the game in week 10

all 3 are playing today

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BadLuckSanta View Post
    Crabtree, Vernon Davis, and former pill popper Aldon Smith all missed the game in week 10

all 3 are playing today
    What Santa said.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

That game was in SF, why is that not being Stated?

Carolina is a much better team at home, look at the games vs Saints alone.

This 9ers team was within 10 yards of losing their stadium closing game to Atlanta.

only home dog this weekend is Carolina, getting no respect in this spot

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

trap game man bookies never let public win big games. Carolina large

slikkskid
    slikkskid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

you're going to compare packers D vs Carolina ...no those drives wont be that easy this is a close game today no doubt, home team -3

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

terrible sack taken by Kap

way to make the field goal attempt almost 50 yards

he still nailed it

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

You must be psychic,
    unfortunately you don't have a clue

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Wow I just read this thread. Unreal. Vyom on S.F.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Game is a war

Carolina better than I though

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Quote Originally Posted by ebelisle22 View Post
    You must be psychic,
    Posting this in a 7-6 game early in the 2nd quarter, yah he's the one without a clue.....

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

If you still like 49ers they are +200 pk em on live

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

Quote Originally Posted by ebelisle22 View Post
    You must be psychic,

I hate it when almost any QB is around the 30 yard line on a 3rd down and they take a sack... aren't ready to throw a hot read or get out of the pocket and toss it away. Take a sack and take down the % of converting the field goal. Dawson always a good kicker though for the Browns.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Once again Vyom is money......props and thanks for posting

Dr. Gambler
    Dr. Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

This guy ever lose?

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

MiDNiTe