t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I like how you keep saying that. Before these bloated guaranteed contracts, it wasn't "just basketball." This may not be new to you, but it is relatively new to the NBA, which used to be a competitive league where teams actually played hard and took games seriously.

Yeah, losing a 7-point lead in 13 seconds is just basketball. A team as talented as the Thunder making one field goal in 7-plus minutes at home against one of the worst teams in the league is just basketball. Happens all the time. LOL.

College basketball is horrific as well, but at least those kids try. Nothing worse than failed effort combined with failed execution, which is what you see running rampant through this league right now. About 10 teams need to be cut loose for the NBA to get off the "joke" peg, because that's where it's at right now.

So in one breath, it's an awful product and in another breath Thunder are so talented.

The nature of the game lends itself to teams making runs. It's not a systematic scoring system.

I agree about contracting and have been saying that for years but that will never happen.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by BossSwagger View Post
    Damn MEMPHIS

they will win by 8

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    its that type of sport though isnt it? you cant really expect blacks to sustain focus for 2-3 hours can you?
    Not with multi-millionaires littering the court. And it's not a black thing. It's a green thing.

Too many teams + too many games + guaranteed monster contracts = what we see on a nightly basis. Just complete and utter dogshit -- kind of like what Doc and the Clippers did to you the other night.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    So in one breath, it's an awful product and in another breath Thunder are so talented.

The nature of the game lends itself to teams making runs. It's not a systematic scoring system.

I agree about contracting and have been saying that for years but that will never happen.
    Talent isn't the issue. There is more physical talent and athleticism on any given NBA court than there ever has been in the history of this game.

t-wizzle

Talent isn't the issue. There is more physical talent and athleticism on any given NBA court than there ever has been in the history of this game.

I disagree. There is more athleticism than ever before but not the talent. Talent to me is a guy who has the skill level to actually shoot a basketball or take a guy off the dribble. NBA and basketball on the whole is way too much dribble and not enough skill.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I disagree. There is more athleticism than ever before but not the talent. Talent to me is a guy who has the skill level to actually shoot a basketball or take a guy off the dribble. NBA and basketball on the whole is way too much dribble and not enough skill.
    Well, I should clarify by saying "raw" talent -- because these guys aren't being coached enough at their college pit stops to hone their skills, and they sure as hell aren't being coached by these jokers who call themselves NBA coaches.

That's why Phoenix is doing so well -- because Hornacek is actually pushing the right buttons. 75% of the coaches in this league have no business keeping their jobs.

The NBA is just a goddam mess right now.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

on the griz griz too

you think you have a bet won, and then they let them go on an 18 point run

how does a professional nba team let an opponent score 9 straight times without even scoring one point in between?

lakerboy

you are right about the talent thing. its the black thing. these new generation blacks had there forefathers take care of everything for them. why do you think that magic hates howard? guys like howard would have been out of the league at this point in their careers in the old days.

t-wizzle

Well, I should clarify by saying "raw" talent -- because these guys aren't being coached enough at their college pit stops to hone their skills, and they sure as hell aren't being coached by these jokers who call themselves NBA coaches.

That's why Phoenix is doing so well -- because Hornacek is actually pushing the right buttons. 75% of the coaches in this league have no business keeping their jobs.

The NBA is just a goddam mess right now.

It goes further back than college. Jordan was great but his impact has been awful on the game. Every kid wanted to be the next Jordan and now kids want to be the next Lebron. The result is dribble dribble dribble drive dunk rather than pass pass shoot (I know Lebron is a great passer but his highlights are mostly dunks). This is why there are no good big men anymore. Oh and the 3 point line ruined the game as well. None of these guys can shoot a 15 footer.

lakerboy

It goes further back than college. Jordan was great but his impact has been awful on the game. Every kid wanted to be the next Jordan and now kids want to be the next Lebron. The result is dribble dribble dribble drive dunk rather than pass pass shoot (I know Lebron is a great passer but his highlights are mostly dunks). This is why there are no good big men anymore. Oh and the 3 point line ruined the game as well. None of these guys can shoot a 15 footer.

see wayne gretzky and the nhl. people laugh at hockey but gretzky came to cali and now they have 3 teams in that state alone. he was totally unselfish as a player and always available to the media. jordan was awesome but he just followed upon what magic created

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

you are right about the talent thing. its the black thing. these new generation blacks had there forefathers take care of everything for them. why do you think that magic hates howard? guys like howard would have been out of the league at this point in their careers in the old days.
    Can't necessarily disagree with you, but again, I don't think it's just a black thing. It's money. Changed everything. Again, I don't blame these jokers for mailing it in so much. If you made that much dough regardless of your work performance, you wouldn't give a shit either.

t-wizzle

see wayne gretzky and the nhl. people laugh at hockey but gretzky came to cali and now they have 3 teams in that state alone. he was totally unselfish as a player and always available to the media. jordan was awesome but he just followed upon what magic created

The game of hockey is safe though bro because hockey highlights are great skill plays. When you see a hockey highlight it's some guy dangling. When you see a basketball highlight, it's some dude dunking. Then another guy dunking. The nhl game is evolving the more they go to the european style.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Agree on all counts. Again, add guaranteed money and too many teams into the equation, and like I said, that's why this league is garbage now.

It's also what makes the NFL so competitive. Only 16 games, no guaranteed money outside of signing bonuses, and you have no choice but to play as a team.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

jordan was awesome but he just followed upon what magic created
    Yeah, but that's been completely misconstrued. Jordan and Magic both wanted to win at all costs. They were cut-throat competitors. LeBron pretends to be like that, but he's not. It's so obvious that it's all fake and an act.

Kobe's the last win at all costs/nothing else matters player left in the league, and might be the last one we'll ever see as long as the NBA continues down this destructive path.

lakerboy

they will win by 8

i know this league
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Nice call pal

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    Nice call pal

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

LB you still taking Saints and GB this weekend?

t-wizzle

Nice call pal.

Take Kings second half

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    LB you still taking Saints and GB this weekend?

im on the saints alread at +2.5+115 for 3k. thats locked in. unless the books move to -3 im fine. i will never be convinved the saints lose to this kelly outfit unless i see it happen. i wanna take gb but i missed out. lets see how it goes.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

lakerboy

Nice call pal.

Take Kings second half
    i would take them -16

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

t-wizzle

i would take them -16

Well I'm already loaded up on them -8 for the game.

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I like how you keep saying that. Before these bloated guaranteed contracts, it wasn't "just basketball." This may not be new to you, but it is relatively new to the NBA, which used to be a competitive league where teams actually played hard and took games seriously.

Yeah, losing a 7-point lead in 13 seconds is just basketball. A team as talented as the Thunder making one field goal in 7-plus minutes at home against one of the worst teams in the league is just basketball. Happens all the time. LOL.

College basketball is horrific as well, but at least those kids try. Nothing worse than failed effort combined with failed execution, which is what you see running rampant through this league right now. About 10 teams need to be cut loose for the NBA to get off the "joke" peg, because that's where it's at right now.
    Stop crying for every time when you are on the wrong side.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

amazing.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave new era 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    Stop crying for every time when you are on the wrong side.
    If you don't think the league has issues.. then you can't be helped.. consistently rigged.. books run the show.. half ass effort my most of the guys

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I actually have a slogan under Lakerboy's poster on my wall that he sent me signed

"This guy is good"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lakerboy

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

good call.

u should have faded the Bobcats too.

They suck on the west coast.

EasyPicks
    EasyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Not with multi-millionaires littering the court. And it's not a black thing. It's a green thing.

Too many teams + too many games + guaranteed monster contracts = what we see on a nightly basis. Just complete and utter dogshit -- kind of like what Doc and the Clippers did to you the other night.
    I agree that's mostly a green thing, but is also a black thing (not for all the black players but I would risk to say for 80% of them).

I don't want to generate any fuzz/hate/etc on this comment but their mentality (either is a ghetto or a wannabe rap superstars thing) is different from other black players in other sports in other "white" countries.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    If you don't think the league has issues.. then you can't be helped.. consistently rigged.. books run the show.. half ass effort my most of the guys
    league is worth billions and is a huge organization

worth a lot more and has a lot more power than vegas sportbooks

ranting about fixes is sports is like screaming to the world you are a losing gambler

First 12