TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

ESPN's power index

So what's the story with this?

It consistently predicts results well off the spread. Does it not take into account variables such as injuries and conditions? It says it's updated daily

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

not sure they use something similar for international soccer.

they did say utah st by 10, oregon and arizona st by 22, thats all that comes to my mind as a game thats way off from the spread.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Lot's of guys have systems like their where they try to predict the score. I know of one named Spooky that has his. There's a few over at sheets with one. It'd be interesting to see how accurate it is. I doubt it's anything ground breaking if they're giving it out on the bottom line.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Hey Cen. Good to see you man!

I've noticed this for a few days now. I just thought it was a good way to get the Public going on one side. Maybe Vegas telling ESPN it's ok to post this? It's quite odd and unique. I'm sure we'll be following this pattern to see if it works or not? Kind of funny... ESPN Power Ranking predicts Georgia Tech to win by 8 pts over Mississippi. The current line is Mississippi -3.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

What's up man?

I know the index had BYU losing by 8 or 10 last night too. I don't remember seeing it predict a lower spread though, seems like its always higher

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just noticed it said Texas A&M will beat Duke by 4 pts. Current line is Texas A&M -12

Good Luck Cen! Hope you win some cash this bowl season!