easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Why is Blake Griffin hated so much?

Guy has been pretty much labeled "soft" by a large part of sports media as well as fans and it seems like most players can't stand the guy. Any reason why?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

his face.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Guy has been pretty much labeled "soft" by a large part of sports media as well as fans and it seems like most players can't stand the guy. Any reason why?
    Probably because the players who are actually good at basketball are tired of the media sucking his dikk

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Blake just had his first illegitimate baby.

Things are beginning to turn around for him.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Whines a lot. He does get hacked to death though.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Refs screwed griffin tonight

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

also how are the clippers expecting to win in the playoffs with 2 guys that can't shoot free throws. Deandre Jordan is shooting like 40% for the year and Blake Griffin is around 60% or so. With that being said can't believe the Warriors pulled out that victory.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clippers need to trade everyone but Paul and get someone better down low than the two athletic bums who can't do shit but dunk. If they want to win, at least. Wish the Melo to LAC trade rumor wasn't just an internet rumor.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Homo-erotic commercials and his crooked fukkin' eyes. Also the "dunk" that supposedly broke twitter, wasn't a dunk.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

He's one of the biggest floppers in the league, that's why I don't like him.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

He's a black ginger?

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Freckles.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i like griffin. he's a freak of an athlete and has plenty of room to improve.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

His post game is already much improved over last year and he's a better shooter too. He's getting better as time goes on. I used to hate on him a lot because he didn't have much repoitore but he's playing better this season so that's good to see.

Deandre is excellent on the boards, not much of a scorer but he doesn't have to be. Its the "guard era" where bigs just need to play d and grab boards nowadays and let the little dudes
    rack up the points.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jealous

He makes a Ron of money off court

Above average nba player

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

mainly because the whites claimed him in the racial drafts

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

because his commercials really suck + his looks

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ambiguously Gay Duo

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to not like Blake as much as the media did and thought he was 1 dimensional, but I actually think he's a much improved player. His jumper is actually pretty good, he's worked on his bank shot and he seems to look to pass if the clear shot isn't there more than he used to. I don't mind him as a player now and think he does get a bad wrap. Having said that, I don't see him as being a key the Clippers winning a championship.

No idea how the salaries and contracts would work out, but I think a straight Griffin for K Love trade would be good for both teams.

Minny needs an excitement machine to bring in the money and put butts in seats, and they'd do well to get some sort of value out of Love before he leaves of his own accord. There's heaps of talk of Love and Westbrook meeting at the Lakers in a couple of years but I think Love and CP3 would be a much more formidable combination.

If I was made commissioner of the league for a day and was allowed to make 1 trade that would be good for both clubs this would be it.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

far from "soft" ... gets butchered like shaq when he touches, but is a flopping machine and thats shitty.... like vinny said, he is slowly developing more of a short range shot... in previous years, he has been 1-dimensional with the dunk
    Last edited by raydog; 12-26-13 at 09:04 AM.

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

1>Well, this is what happens when u tell kids to stop wearin' jean shorts.
    2>He's from the future, yet he drives a fuk'n Kia.
    3>He makes that poor old intern wear that tiny ass gay cape.
    4>Cliff Paul rockin the argyle while Blake fux around with a jet pack
    [srsly, Blake, YOU need 2 go be amazing, not me, dammit]

Adamho
    Adamho's Avatar Become A Pro!

jealous dudes that didn't get nba push like he did. he will keep improving

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

everybody elbows the guy. he does nothing in return, just walks away... what a winning character

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    never heard anyone say they hate him.

he is a goofy mofo that looks akward in street clothes though.

The thing about BG is he is better suited as a harlem globe trotter than a Clipper.

he is a slam dunk contest type guy. he hates playing defense and he can't shoot.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

He is over-hyped by the media and many people say, he is a 'highlight player', for which I must agree. He is not even top 3 PF in the NBA-Timmy, Z-Bo and Aldridge are arguably better than him.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yeah he is a highlight reel player that is the best way to describe him.

Vikings2
    Vikings2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25688

I would take Kevin Love over Blake Griffin any day of the week. The Wolves will do everything in there power to keep Kevin Love.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings2 View Post
    I would take Kevin Love over Blake Griffin any day of the week. The Wolves will do everything in there power to keep Kevin Love.
    Of course they will. Doesn't mean he will stay though.

He's from LA. He'll want to be playing back there sometime soon, and he'll want to be playing for a ring. He's not going to do that in Minny. I don't see what Minny could do to keep him.

If they throw everything they have at him money wise to stay there won't be a high caliber team left around him to win. Can't see him staying under any circumstances. Minny would be best to move his contract while it's still worth something rather than seeing him walk for nothing when he is out of contract.

If K Love was playing in a big city market this season, with the numbers he's putting up, people would be talking MVP. He's just going about his business in Minny with little fuss.

Imagine the Rubio/Griffin combination for lob highlights. If Minny are going to be a middle of the road team, a first round knockout team at best, they may as well try and be spectacular in the air while they do it.

Plus, Doc has publicly tried to say he doesn't like the Lob City tag. Good luck getting rid of that name as long as Blake Griffin is on the court and ESPN are covering the NBA.

Vikings2
    Vikings2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25688

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    Of course they will. Doesn't mean he will stay though.

He's from LA. He'll want to be playing back there sometime soon, and he'll want to be playing for a ring. He's not going to do that in Minny. I don't see what Minny could do to keep him.

If they throw everything they have at him money wise to stay there won't be a high caliber team left around him to win. Can't see him staying under any circumstances. Minny would be best to move his contract while it's still worth something rather than seeing him walk for nothing when he is out of contract.

If K Love was playing in a big city market this season, with the numbers he's putting up, people would be talking MVP. He's just going about his business in Minny with little fuss.

Imagine the Rubio/Griffin combination for lob highlights. If Minny are going to be a middle of the road team, a first round knockout team at best, they may as well try and be spectacular in the air while they do it.

Plus, Doc has publicly tried to say he doesn't like the Lob City tag. Good luck getting rid of that name as long as Blake Griffin is on the court and ESPN are covering the NBA.
    We'll see.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

pure jealousy.

the same way jordan was hated on early in his career and kobe.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    pure jealousy.

the same way jordan was hated on early in his career and kobe.
    jordan and kobe are actually good at the sport

great defensive players

both can score

both can shoot ft's

blake griffin is just an athletic body .. guy will be done by the age of 29

wait why am i responding to you anyway .. you dont even know anything about sports at all

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

NBA sucks by the way.

Horrible product. The problem is there are too many games and no salary cap.

Players just dont care unless its a nationally telivised game.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Blake Griffin is from the same state as me and graduated from the same college I graduated from....I don't really care for him.

I think it's because he is always flopping and trying to take cheap shots at guys.

It's literally annoying to watch him play sometimes. It's ironic since I loved watching him dominate when he played for OU.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    NBA sucks by the way.

Horrible product. The problem is there are too many games and no salary cap.

Players just dont care unless its a nationally telivised game.
    there is a salary cap you fukkin moron

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...8-679-million/

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings2 View Post
    love ain't signing with minnesota when he becomes a free agent in couple years. they fukked up by not signing him long-term.

12 Last