I think if you walked into your local church it would open your eyes

Respect the Lord

I wish you well even with all your anger directed at me

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Now if you argue that the creator is not the one in the bible then OK.
    well i am agnostic...

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    lol.

You miss the point.

I don't try to push my beliefs on others, but charts like that posted are from people who are trying to say that a couple of billion Christians in this world are stupid for believing in something. Pushing your beliefs on another person like Athiests tend to do, is treading on someone. Religious people can tread on people too, that is why I don't push my beliefs on others.

I do not say that atheists are stupid, but I for damn sure would rather be a Christian and assume that heaven exists and go there when I die, then be an atheist and assume nothing exists after death and end up in Hell when I die. Even if a Christian is wrong, there is no negative repercussions when you die.

Being a religious person in general is +EV any day and all day.

I'll believe what I believe and you believe what you believe and let's leave it at that.

I'm off to sleep now.
    it has always been my opinion that people that believe in religious books like the bible, quran and the like, are of limited intelligence, not only because only unintelligent people would believe the claims in those books, but also because ive experienced it first hand, the people i meet that are religious are usually the least intelligent

also, i think religious people are idiots from the things the say, like the crap you spew. like you, most religious people think that they will go to heaven because they believe in god while they pitty atheists/agnostics because they are sure they will burn in hell for all eternity.

thats how dumb religious people are, they say that god is this supreme being, that is all knowing and wise. and yet this supreme being chooses who goes to heaven or hell based on an arbitrary and insignificant fact such as who believes in him and who goes to church. I'll tell you one thing, the most religious people ive met are also the most horrible human beings i've met, and i can assure you they are not going to heaven. my guess is they are so horrible because they are dumb, they dont understand the irony of their actions in contrast with their faith, and also, being religious usually gives you that sense of selfrighteousness and arrogance one needs to feel that he can impose his ideas and beliefs to everyone else

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

SportsMushroom

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion."
    Points Awarded:

italianbandit gave SportsMushroom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

my religion is proven and documented to be the oldest by a longshot, older than Christianity, but my religion teaches me never to proclaim it to be the best nor the only way to "heaven" so to speak. my religion teaches me to respect ALL people and their beliefs, so i respect you John even though you choose to say matter of factly that Jesus is the son of God even though you have no proof.

good day.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Sport Mushroom, some of the brightest Doctors, scholars, and scientists have been religious. Your ignorance is off the charts.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    my religion is proven and documented to be the oldest by a longshot, older than Christianity, but my religion teaches me never to proclaim it to be the best nor the only way to "heaven" so to speak. my religion teaches me to respect ALL people and their beliefs, so i respect you John even though you choose to say matter of factly that Jesus is the son of God even though you have no proof.

good day.
    The oldest religion, or the oldest religion still commonly in practice?
    Last edited by chilidog; 12-26-13 at 05:43 PM.

homie1975

religions of conversion are the most dangerous on earth and have killed the most people in the name of God. undisputed.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Second, you think God would want to be known by only the smartest? That idea is bizzare. God wants everybody to come know Him in their own way. You are being intellectually dishonest.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Sport Mushroom, some of the brightest Doctors, scholars, and scientists have been religious. Your ignorance is off the charts.
    Many studies have been released with the same outcome - intelligence is directly related to your religiosity.

chilidog

Second, you think God would want to be known by only the smartest? That idea is bizzare. God wants everybody to come know Him in their own way. You are being intellectually dishonest.
    Your chosen religion (and thus Deity) is decided in large part by:

1. Your culture.
    2. What point in time you exist.
    3. What geographic meridien you reside in.

Wouldn't it suck to have been born an Egyptian in 2000 BCE? Bam, straight to hell to burn for eternity, just because of the above reasons. Sucks, eh?

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    religions of conversion are the most dangerous on earth and have killed the most people in the name of God. undisputed.
    I agree, many religions have. But there is only one Truth. And that truth is Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. The Truth is the truth. Those who follow him will live in peace, good will, and will receive the virtues to overcome anything. God is Love. There is one God. One Truth. Jesus is the Son of God. He died for you and me. Was crucified, and rose from the dead. Appeared to those who denied him when he was alive, and those people were willing to give their life because they knew He was God, the Truth, and would have eternal life. Why would those who rejected him when he was alive, be willing to die for him after he died on the cross?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

some of the brightest? can we agree the brightest people on earth are usually physicists?

and none of them believed or believe in jesus...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

For anyone saying that "how'd the universe get here?" Well the same way God did. It just appeared. God didn't need a creator according to that logic and neither does the universe.

The real reason most people believe is because of their own self-interest. Show me a person who believes in God and no after-life. That's what it all comes down to. None of these pussies wanna admit it. You're scared to die and want to believe you go on forever.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

but to think that you get buried 6 feet under for all the pain and suffering is so anti-climactic.

maybe we go to another dimension who knows.

homie1975

i will be cremated when i die and i know i'll turn to dust. that will be it. no need to believe in an after life. i don't need it. we are born, we live, then we die. to me religion is a philosophy, a way of life, treat people well, it's easy. no need to pray in a building with others to show that i can be religious and believe in being good to others.

LordVodka

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    but to think that you get buried 6 feet under for all the pain and suffering is so anti-climactic.

maybe we go to another dimension who knows.

How bad was your life in 1810?

Once you're dead nothing matters. It's a disturbing thought and one that has occupied people's thought since the beginning. People will stop believing in God when we're capable of living forever if science advances that far and it will. Science only goes in one direction and that is forward.

People who know they'll live forever will not even think about God or the after-life.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post

Once you're dead nothing matters. It's a disturbing thought and one that has occupied people's thought since the beginning. People will stop believing in God when we're capable of living forever if science advances that far and it will. Science only goes in one direction and that is forward.

People who know they'll live forever will not even think about God or the after-life.
    in theory youre on to something but overpopulation will always lead to mortality whether through natural causes, violence or plagues

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

did i say i believe in reincarnation? don't put words in my mouth. i'm agnostic pal. get your head out of your ass.

don't act like you know what you're talking about, no one fukking knows the answer. but you'll soon find out...

LordVodka

What the hell are you talking about reincarnation? You're crazy. I meant none of us existed in 1810 and that's exactly what'll happen to us after we die.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

do you think immortality is even remotely possible? c'mon pal. that can never happen.

do you know what cancer cells are? it's mutated cells that don't die. it's important for our cell to die and regenerate.

if that doesn't happen our bodies get occupied by these immortal cells and we die of cancer.

science might extend our lives for some years but no one will be immortal, ever...

SportsMushroom

like who? all the intellectuals i know of have spoken against religion and its negative impact on humanity

and the greatest of them all, albert einstein, has stated that religion is a bunch of lies aimed at controlling the masses

you are the masses seaweed, congrats, einstein talked about you even before you were born, your ignorance is off the charts

LordVodka

do you think immortality is even remotely possible? c'mon pal. that can never happen.

do you know what cancer cells are? it's mutated cells that don't die. it's important for our cell to die and regenerate.

if that doesn't happen our bodies get occupied by these immortal cells and we die of cancer.

science might extend our lives for some years but no one will be immortal, ever...
    Absolutely, how can you predict the world in 500 years. There will be technology that we can not even imagine.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Every religion out their that believes in God forbids gambling and sees it as a big sin. Why would you talk about religion on a gambling forum?

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Lame post John. Nobody wants to be proselytized.
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 12-26-13 at 07:00 PM.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    What's funny is, rather than dispute the chart (which, by the way - it can be) - you take offense and whine about "don't tread on me"

You and SBR_John try to play the logical gambling card (him with his weak poker analogy) and you with the EV+ commend. Yet you're hitching your wagon to myths and fantasies and then trying to back it up using logic.

Up until the mid 1800's, a majority of Scottish people believed in fairies (often blaming them when farm equipment would go missing etc). Disney still using a fairy in some of their animations (which is a massive company filled with very smart corporate people), therefore fairies must exist right?

That's pretty much the same weak minded "logic" you're trying to convey.

Here's a little quote from our devout Christian Bubblebuttluv when an SBR poster was feeling down and out about losing their bankroll

Another Klassy Kristian shows his true colors.
    Are you mad, Mr. Atheist?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Absolutely, how can you predict the world in 500 years. There will be technology that we can not even imagine.
    it's not the world. it's how we're built pal. immortality is impossible.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    like who? all the intellectuals i know of have spoken against religion and its negative impact on humanity

and the greatest of them all, albert einstein, has stated that religion is a bunch of lies aimed at controlling the masses

you are the masses seaweed, congrats, einstein talked about you even before you were born, your ignorance is off the charts
    to be clear believing and religion are two different things....the atheist world wants neil degrasse tyson to be atheist but he has said over and over that hes a believer....because hes more intelligent than most, he doesnt feel a need to trumpet those beliefs to anyone willing to listen

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

atheist people are evil

Stay away from them and they also are bad gamblers

LordVodka

it's not the world. it's how we're built pal. immortality is impossible.

http://www.2spare.com/item_50221.aspx

Top 87 Bad Predictions about the Future

«Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical (sic) and insignificant, if not utterly impossible.» - Simon Newcomb; The Wright Brothers flew at Kittyhawk 18 months later. Newcomb was not impressed.

«There will never be a bigger plane built.»
    A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane that holds ten people.

«There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.»
    Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp. (DEC), maker of big business mainframe computers, arguing against the PC in 1977.

«There is practically no chance communications space satellites will be used to provide better telephone, telegraph, television, or radio service inside the United States.»
    T. Craven, FCC Commissioner, in 1961 (the first commercial communications satellite went into service in 1965).

«To place a man in a multi-stage rocket and project him into the controlling gravitational field of the moon where the passengers can make scientific observations, perhaps land alive, and then return to earth - all that constitutes a wild dream worthy of Jules Verne. I am bold enough to say that such a man-made voyage will never occur regardless of all future advances.»
    Lee DeForest, American radio pioneer and inventor of the vacuum tube, in 1926

«The cinema is little more than a fad. It's canned drama. What audiences really want to see is flesh and blood on the stage." -– Charlie Chaplin, actor, producer, director, and studio founder, 1916.

«This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us
    A memo at **, 1878 (or 1876).

«Television won't last because people will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night.»
    Darryl Zanuck, movie producer, 20th Century Fox, 1946.

«The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most.»
    IBM, to the eventual founders of Xerox, saying the photocopier had no market large enough to justify production, 1959.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Agnosticism, Deism and atheism[edit]

Einstein rejected the label atheist. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."[1] According to Prince Hubertus, Einstein said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."[18]
    Einstein had previously explored the belief that man could not understand the nature of God. In an interview published in 1930 in G. S. Viereck's book Glimpses of the Great, Einstein, in response to a question about whether or not he believed in God, explained:
    Your question [about God] is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. May I not reply with a parable? The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's Pantheism. I admire even more his contributions to modern thought. Spinoza is the greatest of modern philosophers, because he is the first philosopher who deals with the soul and the body as one, not as two separate things.[19]
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    it has always been my opinion that people that believe in religious books like the bible, quran and the like, are of limited intelligence, not only because only unintelligent people would believe the claims in those books, but also because ive experienced it first hand, the people i meet that are religious are usually the least intelligent

also, i think religious people are idiots from the things the say, like the crap you spew. like you, most religious people think that they will go to heaven because they believe in god while they pitty atheists/agnostics because they are sure they will burn in hell for all eternity.

thats how dumb religious people are, they say that god is this supreme being, that is all knowing and wise. and yet this supreme being chooses who goes to heaven or hell based on an arbitrary and insignificant fact such as who believes in him and who goes to church. I'll tell you one thing, the most religious people ive met are also the most horrible human beings i've met, and i can assure you they are not going to heaven. my guess is they are so horrible because they are dumb, they dont understand the irony of their actions in contrast with their faith, and also, being religious usually gives you that sense of selfrighteousness and arrogance one needs to feel that he can impose his ideas and beliefs to everyone else

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    to be clear believing and religion are two different things....the atheist world wants neil degrasse tyson to be atheist but he has said over and over that hes a believer....because hes more intelligent than most, he doesnt feel a need to trumpet those beliefs to anyone willing to listen
    don't put words in neil's mouth. he's neither a believer nor an atheist. he proclaims to just be a scientist.

Seaweed
    Update your status

The Sun will burn out eventually due to expansion. And we will all die.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

http://www.2spare.com/item_50221.aspx

Top 87 Bad Predictions about the Future

«Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical (sic) and insignificant, if not utterly impossible.» - Simon Newcomb; The Wright Brothers flew at Kittyhawk 18 months later. Newcomb was not impressed.

«There will never be a bigger plane built.»
    A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane that holds ten people.

«There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.»
    Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp. (DEC), maker of big business mainframe computers, arguing against the PC in 1977.

«There is practically no chance communications space satellites will be used to provide better telephone, telegraph, television, or radio service inside the United States.»
    T. Craven, FCC Commissioner, in 1961 (the first commercial communications satellite went into service in 1965).

«To place a man in a multi-stage rocket and project him into the controlling gravitational field of the moon where the passengers can make scientific observations, perhaps land alive, and then return to earth - all that constitutes a wild dream worthy of Jules Verne. I am bold enough to say that such a man-made voyage will never occur regardless of all future advances.»
    Lee DeForest, American radio pioneer and inventor of the vacuum tube, in 1926

«The cinema is little more than a fad. It's canned drama. What audiences really want to see is flesh and blood on the stage." -– Charlie Chaplin, actor, producer, director, and studio founder, 1916.

«This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us
    A memo at **, 1878 (or 1876).

«Television won't last because people will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night.»
    Darryl Zanuck, movie producer, 20th Century Fox, 1946.

«The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most.»
    IBM, to the eventual founders of Xerox, saying the photocopier had no market large enough to justify production, 1959.
    lol what the fukk do any of those things have to do with human body?

humans aren't built to be immortal, our bodies do not work that way.

First 12345 Last