Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    You are the one who is clueless. Do you live with them, are they your friends. What makes you feel so confident that none of the players may be involved. Which book do you work for. To any logical person, its pretty clear. I personally will never bet a single NBA game again. Hate things with no rhyme or reason.

24 turnovers, being in the penalty after 2 min 16s of 4 th quarter and all you can come up with is I am clueless. You sound like an idiot
    It is guys like this that I am referring to. Actually quite hilarious. If he wasn`t an idiot he would know that in the first 31 seconds of the 4th Quarter the Spurs also had two weak calls against them. The game was getting sloppy, the crown was roaring, the Warriors got a little out of control in their desire for the win and they committed a lot of stupid, weak fouls. Nobody to blame there but themselves.

I feel bad that you lost your bet, but get real....and just to let you know, if I had been on GS I would still be arguing the same side....I don`t hop from side to side based on a bet.

PS.....wah

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Honestly Tatter, I think we are wasting our time even responding in this thread. People just want to come up with reasons that hey cannot beat their book....

Those people must think everything in their life is fixed because all they ever get is -EV
    Not checking this thread again (promise). Have already typed enough. I suggest you do the same. GL tonight.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Not checking this thread again (promise). Have already typed enough. I suggest you do the same. GL tonight.
    I am with you, same to you.

Cheers

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

How out of control did it get. 7 fouls in 2.16 mins. Off course by giving this many fouls, the Refs dictated how the rest of the game would be played. Any touch of SA player, they go to the line. And you idiots think its all a coincidence.

gasto

Someone was mentioning if a book in Europe would be exposed because some book in the USA was on a fix. Look all the books win. Thing is, most people would have GS as a ML play or in a parlay, or on spread. It does not matter whether the book is in Europe or US.

Fact is any rationale person would have picked GS to win. Also, even if the book did not know, its only a few people who know whats up, so whatever exposure they may have from some clued in people, is offset by the "herd" who dont believe sports are fixed.

All levels of sports are fixed. Sports gambling, prostitution, racketeering, all these are domains of the Mafia.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Honestly Tatter, I think we are wasting our time even responding in this thread. People just want to come up with reasons that hey cannot beat their book....

Those people must think everything in their life is fixed because all they ever get is -EV
    Most things in life are fixed. That realization means you've become an adult.

If it's not, it will be.

(Things as defined in this comment = anything involving money).

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

You are the one who is clueless. Do you live with them, are they your friends. What makes you feel so confident that none of the players may be involved. Which book do you work for. To any logical person, its pretty clear. I personally will never bet a single NBA game again. Hate things with no rhyme or reason.

24 turnovers, being in the penalty after 2 min 16s of 4 th quarter and all you can come up with is I am clueless. You sound like an idiot
    Gastoi have been saying this for over 25 years. When Donaghy got pinched a few guys on another site said people should apologize to me but these asshats bought David Sterns line that it was only Donaghy doing the dirty work lol. This is a trillion dollar business world wide and to think none of this stuff happens is laughable. There was a time when Marc Cuban came out and said that the refs get a sheet before every game telling them how to call the game. Why would they need something like that? I can pick a game ans show u which players are gonna fix the game. I did it a few times but the people i tell say i just got lucky or the player had a bad game. Here is the important lesson u can get from this thread. Takedown the nmaes of the strongest voices on why they think this nonsense is all real and put them in ur favorite places. When u think a line is fishy go looked them up and see if they are being suckered on the favorite and then u will know if u have a great shot at a win. Like i said this is a trillion dollar business and to think this is all legit is comical. There are certain players and most refs who are in on this and it is all for the league and there kickbacks from the books. there isn't players fixing for themselves. If their was they would end up like Pete Rose. He pays the ultimate price for something the league has done on a daily basis since the day u could start gambling on this stuff. NBA is always the easiest to rigged. Their poster boy Lebron gets so much help just because they want him to be the face of the league like that cash cow Jordan was. Miami can't beat INdy unless Hibbert is in foul trouble. Every time they beat them it is the same nonsense. Like i said type these guys names down and store them. They are a cash cow for guys that can spot a shaddy line.

gasto

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Gastoi have been saying this for over 25 years. When Donaghy got pinched a few guys on another site said people should apologize to me but these asshats bought David Sterns line that it was only Donaghy doing the dirty work lol. This is a trillion dollar business world wide and to think none of this stuff happens is laughable. There was a time when Marc Cuban came out and said that the refs get a sheet before every game telling them how to call the game. Why would they need something like that? I can pick a game ans show u which players are gonna fix the game. I did it a few times but the people i tell say i just got lucky or the player had a bad game. Here is the important lesson u can get from this thread. Takedown the nmaes of the strongest voices on why they think this nonsense is all real and put them in ur favorite places. When u think a line is fishy go looked them up and see if they are being suckered on the favorite and then u will know if u have a great shot at a win. Like i said this is a trillion dollar business and to think this is all legit is comical. There are certain players and most refs who are in on this and it is all for the league and there kickbacks from the books. there isn't players fixing for themselves. If their was they would end up like Pete Rose. He pays the ultimate price for something the league has done on a daily basis since the day u could start gambling on this stuff. NBA is always the easiest to rigged. Their poster boy Lebron gets so much help just because they want him to be the face of the league like that cash cow Jordan was. Miami can't beat INdy unless Hibbert is in foul trouble. Every time they beat them it is the same nonsense. Like i said type these guys names down and store them. They are a cash cow for guys that can spot a shaddy line.
    Its more than likely the people who defend this BS work for the books. They have to defend their business interest. A lot of the people who gamble are not educated to start with. So, it is hard for them to make inferences given a set of facts. Its very easy to say its a bad day, or Refs were being one sided.

For me its not enough, why would Refs be one sided. There has to be a reason. And 99% of the time , they are one sided against the Public. I can tell how much people reason here, one said, oh ok, if you believe thats the case then just take the other side. It probably works most of the time. The advantage books have is, by the time the game is played they have summarized the money flow and their total exposure. Then its probably a matter of phone calls. As for me , no NBA betting. My health is more important than the stress, when u have money on the line and you witness a highway robbery being perpetrated.

Just an observation, GS lost right, Lakers beat Wolves. All went against the public. Now Lakers are 13 point underdogs against a team that just had 24 turnovers and lost to a team resting 3 top players.

This is where the mind f$$$ing begins. Whats Joe Public going to think. Too many points. Wrong. Vegas knows bettors have short term memory. They are pissed with GS and probably lost money due to Wolves, so they are going to blindly pick Lakers. Lakers will probably get blown away. And it goes on and on. I believe the lines are set to evoke emotion and create an imbalance in the dollar flow. And the books tip it their way. Forget about books wanting equal action, thats a myth.
    Last edited by gasto; 12-21-13 at 09:13 AM.

gasto

Thor4140, all sports are easy to rig. Corner backs make stupid mistakes to give up touch downs, Quarterbacks throw interceptions (Tony Romo, Stafford etc popular for this), defense jumps offside , all in critical and game changing positions. Only difference in NFL teams that are contenders have few games to mess with 16 vs NBA where they play 82 games, so players and teams can lay down on dozens of games and still make the playoffs. Same with baseball. How many times do you see a solid pitcher all of a sudden get rocked for 5 or 6 runs in an inning. Sad to say but its all scripted.

What would you expect the Commissioner to say. Easy to make Donaghue a scapegoat, the Villain for the greater good. If it trully was established that sports was fixed then Corporate America could not sponsor or advertise on these games. Then the whole business model would collapse. Too much at stake. The system survives because everyone believes they have a chance or their home team has a chance

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Spurs are dangerous when Manu, Duncan and parker take a break. These lines are over adjusting. What happens is very good players get a chance to step up and fire up some shots. When Manu doesnt play I hate to say it but it probably helps the Spurs. They can fill in for Duncan too. They miss Parker but that's about it.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

The Spurs are a very poised and well coached team, while the Warriors are young and have been struggling with consistency due to injuries. Pop's system is obviously a successful one; what team has been more consistent over the past decade? When your whole team is willing to assume any role given by the coach with no questions asked, your team is generally going to be successful...especially when that coach is Gregg Popovich. The Warriors have been playing very emotionally so far this season which has led to some pretty sloppy play, especially down the stretch (as in the Phoenix game - lots of bad turnovers and questionable fouls in crucial moments). Spurs' backups played solid, GS starters played sloppy, and the Spurs won the game. It's that simple. Were there some fishy calls in the 4th quarter? Yes. Fixed? No.

IMO, the whole "fixing games" thing is a little farfetched. Yes, the NBA is a business which is out to make money, and this may lead to the more popular teams and players getting favorable calls to keep their fans happy, but referee influence on the outcome of games is limited to fouls and ejections and such; they're not out there rejecting shots and poking away passes. Also, don't forget that the Spurs aren't exactly the most popular (or valuable) team around. In fact, they're the least valuable NBA team in Texas. The most valuable team in the NBA (Knicks) are 8-18, and haven't (recently) been the beneficiary of any suspicious officiating that I'm aware of....

For what it's worth, this is coming from a Warriors fan who hated the Spurs up until they beat us in the Playoffs last year. Gregg Popovich is an amazing coach. I no longer question anything he does.

Pop after game: "They did play well in the absence of our players, but it happens a lot in this league when players are hurt and other players want to prove something. They want to show the coach they should be getting more minutes and that the coach doesn't know what the heck he's talking about."

rentongfb
    rentongfb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

never ending arguement...hard to choose sides...i have an idea though; how about LOSING bettors of the world (which is about %95 at least) come together, put all your money and buy a franchise, call it Nevada Sharps or something, and tell each and every single player to win everygame possible, or fix it the way you want

---personally i had spurs +7, and i believe the refs were pushing for Spurs, yet again it is the rule of thumb for the national TV days in the NBA, at least one dog covers or wins SU, and i also played GSW -13.5 against LA because that was obvious too---

gasto

Dubnation, the reason why Knicks lose and do not cover a lot is simple . Its a major franchise, a lot of NY fans will probably bet for them regardless of how they are playing.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Dubnation, the reason why Knicks lose and do not cover a lot is simple . Its a major franchise, a lot of NY fans will probably bet for them regardless of how they are playing.
    Or because they're just flat out not a good basketball team?

My point was that the NBA benefits from having popular teams/players succeed, and that's why superstar players are more likely to get calls in their favor. Same goes for teams; people want to pay to see their team win, so thinking that refs are encouraged to help more popular teams succeed is not out of the question. What I find hard to believe is that Vegas has some sort of control over the NBA and all it's players and referees.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Spurs are dangerous when Manu, Duncan and parker take a break. These lines are over adjusting. What happens is very good players get a chance to step up and fire up some shots. When Manu doesnt play I hate to say it but it probably helps the Spurs. They can fill in for Duncan too. They miss Parker but that's about it.
    Never in my fukin life was i on a team where our three best players were out and we stepped it up and won a game. We got drilled just like we should have been. Never in any sports when our best player was out we stepped it up Johhnny. Keep on smoking that crack pipe buddy cause if they have u sucked in at this age, that this stuff is legit, there is nobody to blame but urself.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    Or because they're just flat out not a good basketball team?

My point was that the NBA benefits from having popular teams/players succeed, and that's why superstar players are more likely to get calls in their favor. Same goes for teams; people want to pay to see their team win, so thinking that refs are encouraged to help more popular teams succeed is not out of the question. What I find hard to believe is that Vegas has some sort of control over the NBA and all it's players and referees.
    We have crooked cops, lawyers, police, ceo's, and doctors but not in the sports world lol.

First 123