itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Nick Saban just agreed to a new contract extension! Sorry Texas

Press conference and details to come soon but Coach is staying in T Town

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ohhhh. Wonder how much they're paying him..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They might be up on ncaa charges in the off season

Lets see how it plays out

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

We told him 2 days ago we weren't interested.

That debacle at Auburn really turned us off. He also had pretty strong body odor at initial interview.

Just not a good fit.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Why would he go to Texas? Are you guys dumb? SEC is the best conference.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Ohhhh. Wonder how much they're paying him..
    Hearing the details were hammered out to give more pay raises and security to staff yet again....he's done that in previous years...rewards loyalty...Kirby Smart and so forth.

He'll no doubt overtake the top paid spot again with this one.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    We told him 2 days ago we weren't interested.

That debacle at Auburn really turned us off. He also had pretty strong body odor at initial interview.

Just not a good fit.
    That fragrance is called "winning" Opie..I realize its not familiar in Austin though

Hope you're not frozen tonight by the way...38 here in Houston area but talked with a buddy in Dallas earlier and said you guys got a shitt ton of ice.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

http://bamahammer.com/2013/12/06/rep...nsion-alabama/

Yeah, why would he go to Texas?

Texas won't win shit ever again unless you can find another Field Brotha like Vince Young picking cotton around Austin.

Case McCoy looks autistic or some shit, and he is the guys who slings the rock for you?

Texas football is so overrated.

I know high school football and oil is all that state cares about, but the beloved Longhorns suck and it will be decades before the Cowboys ever win another Super Bowl.

I don't give a fukk anymore so that is why I am saying this shit.

Opie I think you're good pples, please do yourself a favor and find a new team so that they don't continually let you down.

The whole fukking state of Texas was all sucking Saban's dick.

lol, he never seriously considered wearing burnt orange and coaching a team that it looks like will finish unranked with their loss today.

I'm out the betting game entirely, I'm just speaking now as a fan of the best conference in the country: the SEC.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Everyones phones should start going off with sports media alerts anytime now....its official. Bill Battle just left the building smiling earlier tonight.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

ncaa coaching contracts might as well be written on toilet paper because thats about all theyre worth as far as commitment

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    ncaa coaching contracts might as well be written on toilet paper because thats about all theyre worth as far as commitment
    When structured correctly i.e. buyout clause or not you are correct. Sexton knows how to get the best for his clients. It was time for a raise for Saban. Pays dividends, great investment.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    When structured correctly i.e. buyout clause or not you are correct. Sexton knows how to get the best for his clients. It was time for a raise for Saban. Pays dividends, great investment.
    yeah...theres one big reason why they hated him at lsu before he ever dreamed of going to bammer

bubblebuttluv

Business as usual.

Even with a new QB, Saban will get Bama into the playoffs next year and all will be right with the world.

Texas residents will continue to gush about all their precious home grown talent, which will then leave the state to go to legit programs like Alabama and other quality SEC schools like LSU and UGA.

The Longhorns might make a BCS bowl game and won't sniff a national title appearance in the foreseeable future.

Old man Mack Brown might squeak out one more year.

Opie find us all a way to bet online on Texas HS games, pal. All I hear on the media is how Texas HS stuff is the shit.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Business as usual.

Even with a new QB, Saban will get Bama into the playoffs next year and all will be right with the world.

Texas residents will continue to gush about all their precious home grown talent, which will then leave the state to go to legit programs like Alabama and other quality SEC schools like LSU and UGA.

The Longhorns might make a BCS bowl game and won't sniff a national title appearance in the foreseeable future.

Old man Mack Brown might squeak out one more year.

Opie find us all a way to bet online on Texas HS games, pal. All I hear on the media is how Texas HS stuff is the shit.
    Agree with your points about UT football but chill with the nonsense you're spewing about the state of Texas. You clearly don't know s**t.
    Example of drivel you're spitting: "Texas football is overrated". So our high school football programs are overrated...? Do you know anything about the oil/gas industry or are you just parroting what you saw on MSNBC?

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJayhawk View Post
    Agree with your points about UT football but chill with the nonsense you're spewing about the state of Texas. You clearly don't know s**t.
    Example of drivel you're spitting: "Texas football is overrated". So our high school football programs are overrated...? Do you know anything about the oil/gas industry or are you just parroting what you saw on MSNBC?
    Yes, I know about the oil/gas industry.

What the fukk are you talking about? I was talking about Texas football, not the state's economy. I mention oil and Texas and you want to talk about the economy like you are Larry Summers, lol.

And no, I did not say Texas HS football was overrated.

That is not what I meant when I said Texas football. I was talking about college and pro football.

I firmly believe the University of Texas Longhorns are very overrated and ESPN sucks their dick every year only to see them get stomped by team's like Alabama.

I firmly believe the best Big-12 football team can't compare to the best SEC football team.

I firmly believe that the SEC plays grown man football and the Big-12 looks soft in comparison.

If the Longhorns were so great you wouldn't lose so many people to out of state schools.

I also firmly believe that the Cowboys won't win a Super Bowl within the next decade, despite all the shit talking Cowboys fans always do.

You sound like this guy I saw on a reality tv show who once said to his daughter: "You know why the Cowboys Stadium has a hole in the roof? So that God can watch his favorite team every Sunday."

I talk smack about the Cowboys and Longhorns, but most people understand it is just sports smack talk.

That's why I still consider Opie one of my boys on here, I think he is good pples and I know he doesn't really get offended by my smack talking about the Longhorns and the Cowboys. He can talk about teams I like such as the Ravens, Yankees, Michigan State, South Africa Rugby & Cricket, etc. all he wants and I will know it is just banter.

I'll throw out something that may shock people: One of my favorite football players of all time is Emmitt Smith. The Cowboys just need guys like that again if they ever want a prayer of winning another NFC title.

So in summation, I said that football and oil are the two things the state of Texas seems to care about. I in no way trashed the Oil/Gas industry.

You looked foolish with your post.

And mark down these two things: The Longhorns won't win a national title within the next ten years and the Cowboys won't win an NFC title within the next ten years. We will see how these two predictions pan out.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Texas will get any coach they want.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

College coaches making 7 mil a year now. What a world.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Except St. Nick

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

What the fukk are you talking about? I was talking about Texas football, not the state's economy. I mention oil and Texas and you want to talk about the economy like you are Larry Summers, lol.

That is not what I meant when I said Texas football. I was talking about college and pro football.

I firmly believe the University of Texas Longhorns are very overrated and ESPN sucks their dick every year only to see them get stomped by team's like Alabama.

I firmly believe the best Big-12 football team can't compare to the best SEC football team.

I firmly believe that the SEC plays grown man football and the Big-12 looks soft in comparison.

If the Longhorns were so great you wouldn't lose so many people to out of state schools.

I also firmly believe that the Cowboys won't win a Super Bowl within the next decade, despite all the shit talking Cowboys fans always do.

You sound like this guy I saw on a reality tv show who once said to his daughter: "You know why the Cowboys Stadium has a hole in the roof? So that God can watch his favorite team every Sunday."

I talk smack about the Cowboys and Longhorns, but most people understand it is just sports smack talk.

That's why I still consider Opie one of my boys on here, I think he is good pples and I know he doesn't really get offended by my smack talking about the Longhorns and the Cowboys. He can talk about teams I like such as the Ravens, Yankees, Michigan State, South Africa Rugby & Cricket, etc. all he wants and I will know it is just banter.

I'll throw out something that may shock people: One of my favorite football players of all time is Emmitt Smith. The Cowboys just need guys like that again if they ever want a prayer of winning another NFC title.

So in summation, I said that football and oil are the two things the state of Texas seems to care about. I in no way trashed the Oil/Gas industry.

And mark down these two things: The Longhorns won't win a national title within the next ten years and the Cowboys won't win an NFC title within the next ten years. We will see how these two predictions pan out.
    Because judging historically Alabama sucks Texas' dick. Got to find those other schools.

pensfan1919
    pensfan1919's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2328

Except the guy that they really wanted.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

umm i believe this finished the convo....VERY WELL SAID

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

K..marked down.
    It's just when you say things like "Texas Football" it sounds like you're generalizing ALL college and NFL football in Texas, not 2 teams...(by the way I went to A&M and live in Houston..So..)
    Assuming all Texans are Longhorn fans (which if you read 1st post, I agreed w/ you about UT Fball) is a little shortsighted.

Obviously you're aware that there's more than one pro team and many more college football teams here right?

And I've got to ask but did it really take you this long to realize that the SEC is the most dominant college football conference..?
    I mean that's been obvious for like the past 7-8 years. Reading your post one would think u discovered a new planet or something...

Regarding your "all Texas cares about is oil/gas and high school football" comment...Sorry for the overreaction. Just that's all I used to hear from my New Yoiik (usually very liberal) buds and it tends to get annoying.
    Last edited by TexasJayhawk; 12-14-13 at 07:27 AM.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    John gets it.

Texas clearly didn't want Saban, or he would be here.

Again.....Texas gets any coach they want. Period.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

whew....bama remains a play

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

John gets it.

You are full of caca. Texas is NOTHING now in College or Pro Football. Nothing. The only people who think Texas has any good college or pro teams are Texans. All of you big mouthed idiots like Benny Big Nuts (who must be swallowing his now) and other big mouthe losers in here take a lesson. Before you go shooting your mouths off know what you are talking about. It is obvious that most of you do not. SBR John, what are you smoking? You dream up more stuff than most people can imagine, and you are rarely correct.

Let's see how the Texas teams do in the Bowl games. Texas will get it's a** kicked by Oregon. Texas Tech will get it handed to them by Arizona State. Teas A&M is a big favorite against Duke, but A&M has been the most over-ratef team in the past two seasons. Still, they should win. Rice has a shot against Miss. State, a 6-6 team. North Texas should win the "Who gives a S**t" New Years game in Dallas. Baylor has the easiest
    BCS Game, against UCF. Houston will have it's problems against Vandy. So I figure 4-3 or 3-4. So much for Teas College Football. You really do not want to talk about the Pro's, do you?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

John gets it.

C'mon Ope! You're smarter than this....Texas would have given Saban the blank check and rights to Eagle Ford and Wolfberry if it could in order to get him. Money wasn't the object here. Saban is solidifying his legacy in Tuscaloosa.

UT will get a high profile coach soon but the program needs to make a turn...Mack has been passed by in today's league. Hell of a coach, but just not cut out for the playbooks and recruiting being done today. They will be solid but not a playoff contender for another couple of years (OU or Baylor goes for the Big 12 next season).

TheMoneyShot

John gets it.

Who's left that's any good?? Nobody. Texas in a bind right now. Kids lost faith in Mack. Ugly season.

Sam Odom

Mack is the last of the 'Good ol' Boy' coaches...

Dr. Gambler
    Dr. Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Mack will being coaching Texas next year

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gambler View Post

Mack will being coaching Texas next year
    7-5

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

And Mack Brown resigns now....

TheMoneyShot

Oregon routes this club. Everyone should be on Oregon -14 RIGHT NOW.