NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

NFL Week 14 - Four Plays to Lay Bets On

I love this time in NFL because of the scenarios and situations that play out. We can see that Dallas vs. Philadelphia game in week 17 will probably decide the division winner. 9-7 should win the NFC East. Lions will win the NFC North. 49ers were embarrassed by the Seahawks and need to sprint now to the finish line to secure a #5 seed and strengthen their psyche.

Scam Newton and the Panthers are still the wild card here and no one knows if their white hot streak will continue into the post season or just makes for a good Cinderella story for 2013.

With all that said there are 4 plays I like for this coming week that I recommend for SBR.

(a) Lions +3 at Eagles - Two evenly matched teams but the Eagles have a 4 game winning streak and are at home. This is why I take the Lions here. 10-6 is where I see Detroit and they probably lose next week at Baltimore then win out vs. G-Men and Vikings to the end the season. This could be a good old fashioned shoot out but Suh and the Lions defense is slightly more legit than Phillly's....that should do it.

(b) Cowboys +1.5 at Bears - Weather should be cold and Cowboys running game should benefit them here with a healthy DeMarco Murray. I think him and Romo's arm will out duel a McKown and a Bears team that won't be as into this game with their star QB still out. I think Dallas takes this one in Chicago to keep pace and try to pull ahead of the Eagles.

(c) Chargers vs. Giants - OVER 48 - Two QB's who will be pass happy. Both want to show their respective teams had the better draft pick in that 2003 draft. Secondary for both teams are nothing special either. Should be high scoring as the weather won't be that bad this week.

(d) San Francisco 49ers (-2.5) vs. Seahawks - Both these teams hate each other. Seahawks embarrassed the Niners in Seattle earlier this year and Kaepernick has never faced this team in San Francisco. Harbaugh, Kaepernick and the rest of the Niners will be hungry for revenge and looking to obtain the #5 seed over Carolina or New Orleans. 11-5 is their target to end the season and they should obtain it.

Good luck with all your bets.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

I like the Lions here too, but Im alittle concerned about them being alittle sluggish after the Packers win. What you think?

NYSportsGuy210

I don't see it. NFL usually the hot team is the one you see with the let down game at some point or another and in this case that should be the Eagles, especially after winning 4 in a row. I like the Lions moxxy and defense. Schwartz should have them ready to play.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I like the Lions here too, but Im alittle concerned about them being alittle sluggish after the Packers win. What you think?
    think the teams off thu games have been pretty solid all yr with the extra time to rest and prepare..

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    think the teams off thu games have been pretty solid all yr with the extra time to rest and prepare..
    That would make sense, you like them too?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

I am taking the 49ers this weekend and definitely like the Cowboys - but no way would I bet against the Eagles this weekend. Team is gelling ridiculously, possible Superbowl dark horse.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    That would make sense, you like them too?
    yea,, i really have some serious trust issues with det cause their coach is a moron and his team plays sloppy, undisciplined football, and ive never been a big fan of det on the road..that said for the things i like about chip kelly his either arrogance or ignorance when he claims that time of possession is the most overrated stat in football is gonna cost his team sooner than later, they have hung on the last 2 weeks but their d was clearly gassed in the 4th qrtr of both games, they got away with it mostly cause of rg3 and palmers incompetence but this week they face a big time offense that is one of the best 4th qrtr teams in the league, even if lions are down they will take this gm over in the 4th as philly d will be exhausted and the offense wont be able to keep them off the field against det front 4.. stafford and co no strangers to making come backs late, i dont know if they will need it but i expect lions to really take it to philly in the 4th qrtr of this gm as a tired d vs this offense spells bad news.. philly is a ok team but lets be real about their wins, besides cards last week they been feasting on backup qbs and shit teams. all the while sure they been winning but they have been out gained in 5 of their last 6, only out gaining the pack with god knows who at qb by 18 yards.. foles been really efficient but if we being real ive seen at least 5 balls he has thrown that should have been picked during this run and last week the refs gift wrapped a pick back to him on a phantom defensive holding call late in the gm that prob secured the win.. if you get out gained every week and fold in the 4th qrtr you are not gonna continue winning gms, the good fortune comes to a end this week..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    I am taking the 49ers this weekend and definitely like the Cowboys - but no way would I bet against the Eagles this weekend. Team is gelling ridiculously, possible Superbowl dark horse.
    no disrespect but u either a fan or dont actually watch them play.. the only reason philly might even make the playoffs is cause some1 has to make it between them and dal, either team is 1 and done w/o a doubt.. out gained every week and is gassed every forth qrtr, they went on a little run against a bunch of scrubs and back up qbs, sure the zona win was nice but if it wasnt for a horrible phantom call to save foles his first pick and palmer being a clown they lose that gm.. you not going anywhere in the playoffs being dominated in every 4th qrtr and being out gained every gm... sure maybe they make it cause dal some world class fukk ups but do yourself a favor and fade the hell out of whichever team gets in..

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    no disrespect but u either a fan or dont actually watch them play.. the only reason philly might even make the playoffs is cause some1 has to make it between them and dal, either team is 1 and done w/o a doubt.. out gained every week and is gassed every forth qrtr, they went on a little run against a bunch of scrubs and back up qbs, sure the zona win was nice but if it wasnt for a horrible phantom call to save foles his first pick and palmer being a clown they lose that gm.. you not going anywhere in the playoffs being dominated in every 4th qrtr and being out gained every gm... sure maybe they make it cause dal some world class fukk ups but do yourself a favor and fade the hell out of whichever team gets in..
    Beating Seattle at Seattle? Doubt it.

NYSportsGuy210

Think I'll end up 2-2. Gore not getting into the end zone on that last 50 yard run cost me the Niners game along with Kaepernick's crappy throw to Crabtree that got picked off in the third quarter.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Auburn will open @ -6.5

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Someone said Auburn would open up -6.5!?!?

NYSportsGuy210

Auburn will cover (+9) so easily.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Someone said Auburn would open up -6.5!?!?
    op did.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Fsu -7.5

NYSportsGuy210

The spread is way too high in the Auburn - Florida State game. Opened at like 9.5 or 10 in some books and will continue to come down as we approach January 6th 2014.