cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 758

Managing a bank roll

Hey guys, I'm rather new to sports betting.. But I've started up and win more games then I lose (probably around 60%) but I'm having trouble managing a bank roll.. I have 100$ i'm starting with.. How would you guys suggest budgeting it? I've done three 20$ bets but I think there is a more efficient way to manage.. Thanks

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

$5 parlays with a 100 bank roll first you gotta hit a nice parlay to get upto about $500 and then start thinking about %s . At $20 a bet after about 15 bets you'll have lost half your roll even if you go 8-7 just on juice.

stratospro
    stratospro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Most recommend 1 or 2 percent of your bankroll per bet. Obviously starting with $100 makes that $1 or $2, that is boring and will take forever to make money. I am in your same boat, I started with $50 (I know i'm not a high roller like most guys on here) and my average bet is $5.50 to win $5 with never going about $11 to win $10. That is making it 10 and 20 percent of my bankroll and ultimately, if i get on a couple bad games I am done but oh well. I think 10 percent of 50 is a good starting point for me.

With that info, it would be your call on what percent to start with but it is smart to manage your bankroll that way.

Here are a couple quick links from a Google search.

http://www.sportsinsights.com/sports...gement-skills/
    http://www.wunderdog.com/sports-bett...anagement.html
    http://www.docsports.com/sports-bett...anagement.html

Make a spreadsheet so you can track your bets, if you haven't already.

Good luck.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    $5 parlays with a 100 bank roll first you gotta hit a nice parlay to get upto about $500 and then start thinking about %s . At $20 a bet after about 15 bets you'll have lost half your roll even if you go 8-7 just on juice.
    Everything in the above post is wrong. Parlays are a good way to lose your money. Just be consistent and do what feels right to you.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bet 2% of your bankroll on every bet if you like gambling

There is no such thing as a stronger game vs others

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

With a $100 all you can really do is take shots unless you want to bet $2 a game and who the fukk wants to do that.

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 758

Yeah that's what I'm more or less thinking at this stage in the game. Just a couple "big" gets to get me somewhere and then start narrowing it down to percentages.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Go all in till you bust

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Go all in till you bust

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    this

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bet 2% of your bankroll on every bet if you like gambling

There is no such thing as a stronger game vs others

amateur hour

you slam when there's edge on a certain game

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I do not have any money, however...

I do not understand how people can bet 5-10 dollars a game. I'd be pissed off at myself for sweating a game for less than 50.

I'd bet the 100 on one game or bet $30 rolling IF parlays

That's not the right way, but bankroll management is irrelevant unless you have a bankroll to manage.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    bankroll management is irrelevant unless you have a bankroll to manage.

It's also over rated to an extent. You gotta take shots in sports betting and poker or it'll take you an eternity to move up outside of hitting a huge parlay or binking a big tournament. That's not saying bet money you don't have, but if you're dropping $25 a game there comes a time where you need to sack up and start throwing down $50 a game and if you lose, drop back down to $25. Otherwise you'll be betting $25 a game forever.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 12-06-13 at 01:57 PM.

bigbuckthedon
    bigbuckthedon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I do not have any money, however...

I do not understand how people can bet 5-10 dollars a game. I'd be pissed off at myself for sweating a game for less than 50.

I'd bet the 100 on one game or bet $30 rolling IF parlays

That's not the right way, but bankroll management is irrelevant unless you have a bankroll to manage.
    dude, what about just betting smalls, just because it makes the games more enjoyable to watch? I dont think anyone is sweating losing a 10 dollar single game. but they are enjoying it much much more just cause theyve risked something.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

It's also over rated to an extent. You gotta take shots in sports betting and poker or you'll never move up outside of hitting a huge parlay or binking a big tournament. That's not saying bet money you don't have, but if you're dropping $25 a game there comes a time where you need to sack up and start throwing down $50 a game and if you lose, drop back down to $25. Otherwise you'll be betting $25 a game forever.
    Exactly you have to take shots. Most can't beat this game long term anyway and who has 100k bankroll to bet 100/200 per game in that fashion.

Even when you win you feel like you lost because you should of bet more.

It's not worth the toll on the mind that this game puts your through, trust me I've been around this my hole life.

$50 doesn't even fill up my gas tank

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckthedon View Post
    dude, what about just betting smalls, just because it makes the games more enjoyable to watch? I dont think anyone is sweating losing a 10 dollar single game. but they are enjoying it much much more just cause theyve risked something.
    To each their own brother, to each their own.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

My best run ever was with a $100 deposit at 5dimes. It doesnt matter, if you have no discipline with $100 you wont have discipline with a $1000 bankroll.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

all in 100x

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I can bet $5 a game when low on funds and sweat every fukkin pitch or basket

I do not like to lose period and if I am worth $100...$5 per game is massive

depends on your bankroll and net worth

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

60% of your plays you win? If you hit 60% year round that's considered professional numbers. Nobody really hits 60% year round.

My advice is Martingale your $100 bankroll. For example... Lay $5 if it loses... then lay $10 your next play... if it loses then lay $20. If you hit around 60% you'd never lose. $5 a day X 30 days a month = $150 Banks don't even give you $150 in interest a year. Look at that... you're one step ahead of the world.