TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Can somebody explain (Missouri/Auburn explanation)

Auburn wins and they have a shot at the NCG and if Missouri wins.... nothing? Are you penetrating kidding me? Auburn lost by double digits to LSU. When you lose by double digits to a team that COULD be UNRANKED by the end of the year, you forfeit your chance to play for the NCG. On the other hand, Missouri handled EVERY SEC East team by double digits, EXCEPT South Carolina. They lost by 3 after having a 20+ lead in the 4th quarter. Outside of Auburn beating Alabama, Missouri has done EVERYTHING Auburn has, AND they haven't been dominated by anybody.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

basically just because mizzou didnt play bammer and auburn did

right or wrong

i dont know whether mizzou can leap bammer if they win though

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Missouri has a shot if they beat auburn and osu loses.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    basically just because mizzou didnt play bammer and auburn did

right or wrong

i dont know whether mizzou can leap bammer if they win though

what a stupid penetrating society we live in

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Missouri has a shot if they beat auburn and osu loses.
    but Auburn has a shot even if OSU doesn't lose, thats bullshit

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post

how ya figure

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Auburn beat the number 1 team. I don't see how you think that. Unless osu wins they did last week, Auburn has no shot.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Auburn beat the number 1 team. I don't see how you think that. Unless osu wins they did last week, Auburn has no shot.

that makes the two teams even after their EMBARRASSING effort against a mediocre LSU team

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Incredibly unlikely. Michigan State is playing great football, particularly on defense. It would take a ridiculously ugly Ohio St victory to knock them down to 3 without losing.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Incredibly unlikely. Michigan State is playing great football, particularly on defense. It would take a ridiculously ugly Ohio St victory to knock them down to 3 without losing.

thats true, I agree that OSU should be #2 if they win NO MATTER WHAT but this BS about Auburn being that far above Missouri

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

OSU will lose to Michigan St. They barely beat Northwestern and Michigan and Michigan St destroyed these two teams.

Now whoever wins the Auburn - Mizzouri game will play Florida St.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    OSU will lose to Michigan St. They barely beat Northwestern and Michigan and Michigan St destroyed these two teams.

Now whoever wins the Auburn - Mizzouri game will play Florida St.

OSU/Michigan is never as it should be being a huge rivalry game. Northwestern was playing VERY good football early in the year before injuries hit them the second time. Ohio State is so underrated its ridicuolous. You would think they're a 6-6 team listening to people talk. The Big 10 is a GOOD conference. Every bit as good as the ACC and Big 12. Seriously, who has Florida State played? Can we play that game?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Auburn will have finished the season defeating two top 5 teams in two weeks...one being the #1 beast. That matters more in the timing of voters than the overall record. Same as reason if you lose its better to lose early in the season than late.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

OSU/Michigan is never as it should be being a huge rivalry game. Northwestern was playing VERY good football early in the year before injuries hit them the second time. Ohio State is so underrated its ridicuolous. You would think they're a 6-6 team listening to people talk. The Big 10 is a GOOD conference. Every bit as good as the ACC and Big 12. Seriously, who has Florida State played? Can we play that game?
    surely youre not comparing fsu's wins to osu's wins?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Florida St is 29.5 favorite for their play in game to BCS championship game. Ohio St is -5 for their play in game. They both play teams in the Top 25. At this point it doesn't matter who is better. All I see is a team needing a win to go undefeated and the books don't believe Ohio St has a good chance. When was the last time the #2 team in the country was only a 5 point favorite in a game of epic proportions?

TPowell

surely youre not comparing fsu's wins to osu's wins?

actually I am. Lets look at FSU's schedule. Hmmm... they beat Clemson and.....

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Luckily the voters are Dinosaurs who are tired of the SEC. I don't see a way we beat a team like Michigan State that would be so un impressive that somehow Auburn jumps us now. If they were going to do it I would think it would have been last week after beating the #1 team in such an epic way.

TPowell

Florida St is 29.5 favorite for their play in game to BCS championship game. Ohio St is -5 for their play in game. They both play teams in the Top 25. At this point it doesn't matter who is better. All I see is a team needing a win to go undefeated and the books don't believe Ohio St has a good chance. When was the last time the #2 team in the country was only a 5 point favorite in a game of epic proportions?

are you seriously comparing Michigan State and Duke? Michigan State is a legit top 15 team. Duke? Well...........

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

actually I am. Lets look at FSU's schedule. Hmmm... they beat Clemson and.....
    theyve pounded everyone they played

its not even close

regardless of how you want to stack up the matchups you cant possibly deny that fsu has been more impressive

are you saying osu should be #1?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

are you seriously comparing Michigan State and Duke? Michigan State is a legit top 15 team. Duke? Well...........
    Dude I'm not comparing them. I'm just telling you who has the hardest task of playing in the championship game based on what the books think! It doesn't matter what you think has the toughest schedule. All it matters is what the lines are for the play in games!

TPowell

theyve pounded everyone they played

its not even close

regardless of how you want to stack up the matchups you cant possibly deny that fsu has been more impressive

are you saying osu should be #1?

I actually can deny that they have been more impressive. They've played a MICKY MOUSE schedule. How in the world is that schedule any tougher than Louisville's schedule. The ACC is effing awful

TPowell

Dude I'm not comparing them. I'm just telling you who has the hardest task of playing in the championship game based on what the books think! It doesn't matter what you think has the toughest schedule. All it matters is what the lines are for the play in games!

that was why I was asking Paver

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

auburn beat alabama

end of thread

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I actually can deny that they have been more impressive. They've played a MICKY MOUSE schedule. How in the world is that schedule any tougher than Louisville's schedule. The ACC is effing awful
    do they have one game that was as remotely close as michigan? and yeah theyve had rivalry games so thats a non angle

their defense got embarrassed...lucky for them michigans run d is a total joke

they have THROTTLED EVERYONE they have played...what are they supposed to do?

if youre saying osu has performed as well as fsu over the whole season you have zero credibilty

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    auburn beat alabama

end of thread
    one penetrating game that was more luck than skill. Missouri is easily the better team and has performed better for the SEASON

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

one penetrating game that was more luck than skill. Missouri is easily the better team and has performed better for the SEASON
    Do you realize that if Auburn wasn't lucky to win that game Ohio St would have not been in the mix for championship game?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Strength of schedule

FSU 66

OSU 61

Louisville 116

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Strength of schedule

FSU 66

OSU 61

Louisville 116

wonder which shitty ACC teams are way overvalued? Which SOS did you use there? Curious to see

TPowell

Do you realize that if Auburn wasn't lucky to win that game Ohio St would have not been in the mix for championship game?

I understand that and I thought beforehand it was BS that FSU was that far ahead of OSU

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is and What Should Never Be

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

gosh i actually agree with powell other then clemson fsu has really played no 1. ohio st has 3 top 30 sagarin wins and will have 4 if they beat michigan st, fsu has 1.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    gosh i actually agree with powell other then clemson fsu has really played no 1. ohio st has 3 top 30 sagarin wins and will have 4 if they beat michigan st, fsu has 1.

FSU looks amazing but so did Baylor before they played a team with a pulse

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

You seem like you have a complex. It's like the elephant in the room nobody talks about. Mizzou isn't one of the respected schools. After a few sec/national championships it will happen. Don't try to get all the respect in one season. That's whats wrong with kids today. Nobody wants to work for anything.

thats true, I agree that OSU should be #2 if they win NO MATTER WHAT but this BS about Auburn being that far above Missouri

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    You seem like you have a complex. It's like the elephant in the room nobody talks about. Mizzou isn't one of the respected schools. After a few sec/national championships it will happen. Don't try to get all the respect in one season. That's whats wrong with kids today. Nobody wants to work for anything.
    congrats, you are THE penetrating problem with sports.

12 Last