BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Can't hate on Kobe no matter what his past is. Derrick Rose- take a fkn lesson son.

Rose takes a year and a half off. Babies his injury then gets hurt again anyways within a couple weeks.
    Kobe- same time-table injury (Happy Archie?)- comes back in 6 months.

No matter much I hate Kobe as a person, from the day he got drafted and told the team to fk off and trade him, to the way he hated on Shaq getting attention while winning rings, etc, etc, Guy is STILL one of the fiercest competitors the NBA has ever seen.

This is a guy who said he didn't like playing with guys on the Olympic team because it's too friendly for ppl who are supposed to be enemies on the court.
    A guy who hammered Lebron, Durant, and Wade for being soft during the Olympics as well and lacking "Killer instincts".

KOBE PLAYS SUNDAY-
    I'm gonna say if he doesn't re-injure himself he gets that team an 8 or maybe even a 7 seed.
    For the first time in his career, I will be rooting for him.
    Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 12-05-13 at 10:15 AM.
    Points Awarded:

darkhat gave BennyBigNuts 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: riffraff24

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Have to respect his gangster and fight on the court I agree

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Same injury????

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Same injury????

Maybe not the EXACT injury, but the exact time tables for being out.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Same injury????

Edited ya prick.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

if he was out for 18 months that was because he had to

and if he came back and got injured right away proves that he was probably not ready to return

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    if he was out for 18 months that was because he had to

and if he came back and got injured right away proves that he was probably not ready to return
    either that or he was trying to rehabilitate 1 leg the whole time and didn't put enough pressure on the other leg
    Points Awarded:

SportsMushroom gave easyliving 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

loungee
    loungee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

What does Kobe have to lose coming back too early and getting injured again? Nothing. He's paid, he has rings, and will play max 2 more years. Rose? He's young and wants to play as long as Kobe has, he wants to play 10-15 more years, not come back early, damage it even more and end his career after 5 years (We're talking about Rose not rushing back last year.) Different players, different styles, different injuries, different stage in their career. Pretty stupid post actually.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Hate on Kobe?

That doesn't even sound right

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

NBA is just a bad product. Very hard to watch

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    either that or he was trying to rehabilitate 1 leg the whole time and didn't put enough pressure on the other leg

yeah apparently that happens quite often, players focus on rehabilitating the injured area and then other areas become weeker and as soon as they return they get injured again because some muscles are not as strong as some others, a sportscaster was talking about that the other day during a football game, it happened to him when he was a player

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kobe a lot tougher than Rose

No comparison

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kobe a lot tougher than Rose

No comparison
    I think both of these dudes are bad-ass-competitive-mother-fukers that play hard every game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kobe a killer

Rose very good but not a killer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by loungee View Post
    What does Kobe have to lose coming back too early and getting injured again? Nothing. He's paid, he has rings, and will play max 2 more years. Rose? He's young and wants to play as long as Kobe has, he wants to play 10-15 more years, not come back early, damage it even more and end his career after 5 years (We're talking about Rose not rushing back last year.) Different players, different styles, different injuries, different stage in their career. Pretty stupid post actually.
    this statement is wrong on many levels. It has nothing to do with coming back early or having nothing to lose for coming back early for Kobe. Rose was what 23 at the time of his injury. At that age you heal much quicker than say a 30 year old. Back in high school and college I used to play baskettball all the time and it felt like I used to hurt my ankle at least once a month and I would be back to playing the next week. Broke my arm in a freak accident in high school and I was healed in a month. I break my arm now I'm looking at 6 weeks minimum+ physical therapy. The point I'm trying to say is a 23 year old Rose can't be compared to a 34 year old Kobe. The younger you are the quicker you heal. If theirs someone who should be taking his time in such a situation its Kobe not Rose. Kobe goes down again with another major injury his career is all but done. Rose had another major injury and even though he might never be the same player he is still young and will be back.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave darkhat 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh shit! Benny does a 180 on Derrick

Yur screwed when D2Bets sees this

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Kobe very motivated! He was told their was a teenage white girl in the locker room.

BennyBigNuts

hahahahahahahahahahahshahahaha
    Awesome pic

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post

I think both of these dudes are bad-ass-competitive-mother-fukers that play hard every game.
    I agree. But I'm still torn on Rose's approach last year and not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kobe a killer

Rose very good but not a killer
    Kobe is "THE KILLER" in the NBA. He has hate when he plays against ppl. He doesn't wanna be your fkn friend after the game. That's why even though I hate him, I still love him. When he is on the court he plays the game like it should be played, and not like a little twitter-friendly pussy like a lot of these other guys who can't wait to chat after games trying to form circle-jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Oh shit! Benny does a 180 on Derrick

Yur screwed when D2Bets sees this

Definitely not a 180 on Rose.
    Maybe you weren't around in the NBA playoffs last year, I made a cpl threads about him and his questionable decision not playing.
    Derrick Rose is the guy that drives me nuts now.
    Could be top 3 player in the NBA if he's healthy.
    I was rooting for him to prove me wrong from last year when I posted about him killing it in the preseason this year.
    I really thought he shoulda played last year, and felt if a guy can practice with the team for 2 months, why the fk can't he play in the games?
    You woulda NEVER saw Kobe do that shit last year, even in his prime.

darkhat

Kobe is in the 5% of NBA players that actually want to win

he hates everyone he plays against

it's the reason guys like larry bird have said they would rather play with kobe than lebron
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

The "Kobe is the fiercest competitor" narrative has grown quite stale...It is an excuse his supporters use to cover up the fact that....he cannot and will not function as a team player.....the nba is a competitive league..and there are plenty of players with the passion to win....never more so than Iverson as far as I am concerned......Kobe is so fierce a competitor that he rather saddle his team with cap restrictions by way of his own contract, than allow them to bring in more players to make them more competitive.....LOL...the irony is not lost ......The truth is...he is fierce in his devotion to win "his way" for "his own" selfish grandeur...if the team wins, Kobe receives the credit.. ALL THE CREDIT.....the excellent play of Xavier Henry, Hill and the brilliant guard play of Blake as well as the excellent ball movement courtesy of D'antoni's coaching.... will be ignored. If they loose, Kobe and the sock puppet media at ESPN will blame "his teammates"

I don't care how "fierce" a competitor he is, his refusal to allow the players around him to flourish makes him a liability within any set system/offense....and this will become ever more apparent when he returns to screw up the team chemistry..which is the highest its been with this Laker team in 3 years....The refs will help them get into the playoffs...and Kobe will shoot them out of the first round...as he did in 06/07 and last year had he not been injured....
    Last edited by Menses; 12-05-13 at 08:06 PM.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    The "Kobe is the fiercest competitor" narrative has grown quite stale...It is an excuse his supporters use to cover up the fact that....he cannot and will not function as a team player.....the nba is a competitive league..and there are plenty of players with the passion to win....never more none than Iverson as far as I am concerned......Kobe is so fierce a competitor that he rather saddle his team with cap restrictions by way of his own contract, than allow them to bring in more players to make them more competitive.....the irony is not lost ......I don't care what kind of competitor he is, his refusal to allow the players around him to flourish makes him a liability within any set system/offense....and this will become ever more apparent when he returns to screw up the chemistry....
    You're a good poster but there's so many things wrong with what you just said.
    First of all, the NBA IS DEFINITELY NOT a competitive league compared to 20 years ago. It's softer than ever, and old school players can't stand watching these divas being best friends off the court, having no RIVALRIES anymore, and no bad blood. Very small handful of players in the NBA that have mean streaks and killer instincts and put winning ahead of their wallets.

What chemistry are you talking about on the Lakers?
    Have you watched a Laker game this year? They have no chemistry. Nash plays every other game, the offense has no consistency.

And do you really think guys like Derrick Fisher, Brian Shaw, Robert Horry, Poop Gasol, were great players?
    You don't think Kobe made Fishers career???
    Fisher never had any real talent.
    Kobe wasn't like MJ as far as making everyone better, but I'm sure guys like these still know Kobe made them millions of dollars demanding double teams and getting plenty of open looks that they could never get in one on one situations.
    Points Awarded:

darkhat gave BennyBigNuts 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

darkhat

The "Kobe is the fiercest competitor" narrative has grown quite stale...It is an excuse his supporters use to cover up the fact that....he cannot and will not function as a team player.....the nba is a competitive league..and there are plenty of players with the passion to win....never more none than Iverson as far as I am concerned......Kobe is so fierce a competitor that he rather saddle his team with cap restrictions by way of his own contract, than allow them to bring in more players to make them more competitive.....the irony is not lost ......I don't care what kind of competitor he is, his refusal to allow the players around him to flourish makes him a liability within any set system/offense....and this will become ever more apparent when he returns to screw up the chemistry....
    Allow what players to flourish? He hasn't had any real winners with him besides Gasol, and together they dragged a mediocre team to 3 NBA finals appearances in a row. Dwight Howard is a born loser and has no heart, which is why he will NEVER win a championship unless a player like Kobe drags him kicking and screaming to the finals.

There are not "plenty" of players in the NBA that have the killer instinct to win. While guys like Durant and Lebron are planning a dinner together after their matchup, other guys like Westbrook are waiting to kick someone's teeth in the next night. When you look around you and see guys like Luke Walton and Smush Parker there is no system. A true competitor has to drag losers like that to wins. Even if he has cost them games by gunning, he would of cost them more games by allowing guys like Smush parker to control the tempo of the game.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    First of all, the NBA IS DEFINITELY NOT a competitive league compared to 20 years ago. It's softer than ever, and old school players can't stand watching these divas being best friends off the court, having no RIVALRIES anymore, and no bad blood. Very small handful of players in the NBA that have mean streaks and killer instincts and put winning ahead of their wallets.

Have you watched a Laker game this year? They have no chemistry. Nash plays every other game, the offense has no consistency.

And do you really think guys like Derrick Fisher, Brian Shaw, Robert Horry, Poop Gasol, were great players?
    Kobe wasn't like MJ as far as making everyone better, but I'm sure guys like these still know Kobe made them millions of dollars demanding double teams and getting plenty of open looks that they could never get in one on one situations.

Allow what players to flourish? He hasn't had any real winners with him besides Gasol, and together they dragged a mediocre team to 3 NBA finals appearances in a row. Dwight Howard is a born loser and has no heart, which is why he will NEVER win a championship unless a player like Kobe drags him kicking and screaming to the finals.

There are not "plenty" of players in the NBA that have the killer instinct to win. While guys like Durant and Lebron are planning a dinner together after their matchup, other guys like Westbrook are waiting to kick someone's teeth in the next night. When you look around you and see guys like Luke Walton and Smush Parker there is no system. A true competitor has to drag losers like that to wins. Even if he has cost them games by gunning, he would of cost them more games by allowing guys like Smush parker to control the tempo of the game.

ROFL wow look at our posts there.
    PRetty freaky how similar they were and at the exact same time.

darkhat

ROFL wow look at our posts there.
    PRetty freaky how similar they were and at the exact same time.

I thought the same thing...once I hit post reply I saw yours and was like wow..
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave darkhat 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Good post benny. This isn't about kobe being a team guy. Rose is no team guy. The pussy wouldn't play last year fully healthy. I made a thread here that rose would never play another game for the bulls cause I thought they would use there heads and trade him. Rose is a retarded idiot with no future. He is a bum who will be out of the league in a few years.

Menses

I will give you..points on the competitive argument....as the league is definitely chalk full of lazy bums stealing money...that cannot be disputed (see the 2nd half of most games).......however, I speak of the elite players of the present as well as the past...who were equally as "FIERCE" as the great Kobe Bryant...

Nobody is talking about Derick Fisher...and Horry...but those guys are nothing to sneeze at and the Lakers were never the same without Fisher either..........however....even if I were to entertain your dismissal of the likes of those aforementioned teammates...your argument still falls short of merit...as Kobe Bryant played with one of the most dominant front courts in history...do not try and paint Kobe Bryant with same brush one can paint Jordan and Lebron with when it comes to playing with talent.....as both the former with the bulls and the latter with the CAVS were IN FACT PLAYING BY THEMSELVES...by themselves for significant portion of their careers before they got their talent....

Kobe was surrounded with talent from the moment he stepped on the floor....and took his first dribble and shot in this league...and went on to play with Shaq, and then the tandem of Gasol and Bynum....and do not for one second dismiss the contributions of Gasol and Bynum in order to enhance the legacy of Bryant...when it was Bryant himself who after finally realizing he could not win BY HIMSELF...asked to be traded....out of LA......in frustration..back in 07....but what trade saved his franchise?...The Gasol aquisition...
    KOBE DOES NOT WIN A 4TH AND 5TH RING WITHOUT GASOL AND BYNUM...not to mention ODOM rebounding on the offensive and defensive end...it does not happen.....but that of course is the brilliance of the triangle offense...to which Kobe has NOT NOR EVER WILL WIN ANYTHING utilizing it...

And Kobe does not get anyone open looks....as he refused to pass anyone else the ball if in fact they were open.....The Laker offense...when Kobe is on the floor is 4 other players stand around and watch Kobe take his defender off the dribble....Phil complained about this nonsense time and time and time again...what Kobe were you watching? Any analyst who has watched the Laker games this year...notices above everything else....above all else..is the constant ball movement....I cannot for the life of me remember a single Laker possession this season where they did not find the open man.....they absolutely destroyed Houston this way.....it was their horrid defense that kept it close....this will stop once Kobe returns....just watch the games....and you will see it..

Menses

LOL....See my response to Benny...it appears you have contracted Kobe-Itis...and have bought into the Kobe narrative hook line and sinker....I urge you to go back and watch the 04 finals..the 05 season...the 06 and 07 first round...you need a refresher course....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

For sure once kobe is back the lakers will go south.

loungee
    loungee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    this statement is wrong on many levels. It has nothing to do with coming back early or having nothing to lose for coming back early for Kobe. Rose was what 23 at the time of his injury. At that age you heal much quicker than say a 30 year old. Back in high school and college I used to play baskettball all the time and it felt like I used to hurt my ankle at least once a month and I would be back to playing the next week. Broke my arm in a freak accident in high school and I was healed in a month. I break my arm now I'm looking at 6 weeks minimum+ physical therapy. The point I'm trying to say is a 23 year old Rose can't be compared to a 34 year old Kobe. The younger you are the quicker you heal. If theirs someone who should be taking his time in such a situation its Kobe not Rose. Kobe goes down again with another major injury his career is all but done. Rose had another major injury and even though he might never be the same player he is still young and will be back.
    So because Rose is younger, he should rush back? Why? Why not wait til your 100%? Oh cause the doctors said he's cleared? Well, in that case, by all means, c'mon back! No. Doesn't matter if he was physically physically cleared, bottom line is, mentally he wasn't ready, which leads to more injuries by overcompensating, by not believing it's repaired, despite what doctors said. Because Kobe rushes back, makes Rose less mentally strong than Kobe, or anyone else? Kobe hurts his leg first game back, was he wrong for coming back so soon then? It's a case by case, person by person thing. You can't compare players or people, no matter age or any other circumstance. Rose did what was right. If Kobe gets hurt again, same injury, was he a "warrior" for coming back so soon? I don't think so.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Good post benny. This isn't about kobe being a team guy. Rose is no team guy. The pussy wouldn't play last year fully healthy. I made a thread here that rose would never play another game for the bulls cause I thought they would use there heads and trade him. Rose is a retarded idiot with no future. He is a bum who will be out of the league in a few years.
    Agree with you LB. Rose is done as far as being considered elite. He'll come back and string together a decent set of stats, and maybe play in an all star game or two, but he'll fade away. He's delusional if he thinks he can miss 2 seasons and be dominant.

darkhat

LOL....See my response to Benny...it appears you have contracted Kobe-Itis...and have bought into the Kobe narrative hook line and sinker....I urge you to go back and watch the 04 finals..the 05 season...the 06 and 07 first round...you need a refresher course....
    Just so we are clear.... you're basically saying you know more about basketball than Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson?

Because they all say the opposite of what you do about Kobe.