Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon
    Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia
    Group C: Colombia, Greece, Cote d'Ivoire, Japan
    Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy
    Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras
    Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria
    Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA
    Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, Korea Republic

Some good picks,see we agree on the Super Eagles getting through.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-06-13 at 08:02 PM.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher1991 View Post

Argentina also have the least distance to travel between games and don't have to play in the north where the heat and humidity will be ridiculous.
    The time of the games is ridiculous! (1 pm). I am brazilian and never saw any league be played at this time here, players will be exhausted before first half.

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Korea wont lose in the group stage.

Im taking England over Uruguay,gotta back my home country.
    Don't blame you. Taking France to win world cup and russia to beat Belgium 10-0.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    Don't blame you. Taking France to win world cup and russia to beat Belgium 10-0.
    Thats what the WC is about,national pride. What car flag will you use France or Russia.

edabramov

Thats what the WC is about,national pride. What car flag will you use France or Russia.
    Russia if they get out of group stage.

France is my backup. Not French though so dunno lol.

USA whenever they play.

packerd_00

Russia if they get out of group stage.

France is my backup. Not French though so dunno lol.

USA whenever they play.
    I see,are you just a fan of France then.

The USA looked pretty good last WC,I keep waiting for them to get to the next level.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Some good picks,see we agree on the Super Eagles getting through.
    Yeah, not really a tough call there IMO.

Portugal are shit, Belgium can't punch their way out of a paper bag when needed, no chance Croatia gets more than a point from Brazil and Mexico so they're toast, Uruguay will find out that Italy aren't as weak as the seeding alludes, and everyone else will find out the opposite about the Swiss

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Yeah, not really a tough call there IMO.

Portugal are shit, Belgium can't punch their way out of a paper bag when needed, no chance Croatia gets more than a point from Brazil and Mexico so they're toast, and Uruguay will find out that Italy aren't as weak as the seeding alludes, and everyone else will find out the opposite about the Swiss
    Why is Bosnia being favoured over Nigeria to get through the group,when was the last time Bosnia was even in a WC.

Dont get why but Portugal are always over hyped in the Euros and the WC,and this was before Ronaldo showed up on the scene, I just like them to get through the group. I agree about Italy after the last WC theyll be looking to rebound with a strong showing.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You never know whether the Nigeria side is going to proverbially show up or not, but I've got Bosnia pegged at zero points.

Italy simply just ****** up their ranking with the weak friendly, that killed their ranking big time, they're a stealth bomber in group but don't have an easy path after that really.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Dont get why but Portugal are always over hyped in the Euros and the WC,and this was before Ronaldo showed up on the scene, I just like them to get through the group. I agree about Italy after the last WC theyll be looking to rebound with a strong showing.
    Before Ronaldo, they have a better team with players like Figo and Rui Costa leading them so they were never over hyped at all. But like all golden generation teams before them, they never fully fulfill their real potential.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Croatia are toast? They will destroy Mexico

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Why is Bosnia being favoured over Nigeria to get through the group,when was the last time Bosnia was even in a WC.

Because at this moment Bosnia is a better team than Nigeria , Bosnia beat everyone(and by a large margin) in the European qualifiers and Nigeria is not even the best African team

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher1991 View Post

Argentina also have the least distance to travel between games and don't have to play in the north where the heat and humidity will be ridiculous.
    good points, usa has the worst travel schedule of all the teams, travel will be huge this time with such a big country that has so many different climates.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    Because at this moment Bosnia is a better team than Nigeria , Bosnia beat everyone(and by a large margin) in the European qualifiers and Nigeria is not even the best African team
    bosnia should move on they are beatable though, also likely starting off with a loss since they face argentina, wont matter as much if other game draws.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    You never know whether the Nigeria side is going to proverbially show up or not, but I've got Bosnia pegged at zero points.

Italy simply just ****** up their ranking with the weak friendly, that killed their ranking big time, they're a stealth bomber in group but don't have an easy path after that really.
    Thats true there one big showing was at WC 94, Nigeria do normally manage to make it out of the group stages though,Bosnia has never been in a WC so im going to temper my expectations until theyve shown me something.

I know Italy is going to have a chip on there shoulder after last WC,to not get through the Group stages rarely happens for teams like Italy. They will have a tough going no doubt deeper in the tournament.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-07-13 at 11:08 AM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Before Ronaldo, they have a better team with players like Figo and Rui Costa leading them so they were never over hyped at all. But like all golden generation teams before them, they never fully fulfill their real potential.
    They never really did much with those players though,and yet were always considered a top contender. You cant say they didnt live upto there potential,great teams live upto there potential.

I will say Ronaldo has been a real let down for his national side over the years.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-07-13 at 11:13 AM.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    USA calculated as 39% chance of advancing by whoever does that shit, I can't remember. Portugal barely made it, but we won't beat Germany, and stylistically we can't beat teams like Ghana no matter how up or down they are this time around.

The way I see it, you have to beat teams of this caliber anyway, you may as well try and do it now before the top teams firmly get their WC legs under them. I like our chances of beating Germany in group play more than I would in the KO stages.

Argentina draws Vietnam, Kuwait, and Antarctica. Must be nice.
    Totally agree with this. USA is always the most underrated side in the tournament (in recent years when they have actually been a quality team) just because of historical reasons and anti-Americanism. Before you reply if you get worked up by that statement, please read the definition of the word underrated.

If USA can advance they get winner/runnerup of a relatively soft group. As Ralphie points out, better to get through and then have even better chance of advancing later, since no one cares unless you make it at least to the quarters, and hardly anyone remembers that either.

Portugal is always overrated and Ghana is good, but very beatable as was demonstrated last time when we lost to them (Howard near side?) Boateng?). I'm not that worried. All in all, the pairings were a joke. Does anyone know what the claim is? Was it random? There is no way Germany (Klinsmann) and Ghana (history) were randomly paired with the US. This is soccer, give me a break.

edabramov

I see,are you just a fan of France then.

The USA looked pretty good last WC,I keep waiting for them to get to the next level.
    Soon! Just need better youth development at home..

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

bosnia have been playing great football the last couple of years, on both sides of the field

obviously it will depend on what shape they will be in the summer, but at this monment they could beat many of the so called big teams, including italy

packerd_00

Soon! Just need better youth development at home..
    Be good to get some more parity in the WC for a change,seems like theres a handful of teams every four years that you know will win and then you have the rest that are just playing for national pride,its been like that for decades.

France did win the WC in 98 true, but that is a rarity.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    bosnia have been playing great football the last couple of years, on both sides of the field

obviously it will depend on what shape they will be in the summer, but at this monment they could beat many of the so called big teams, including italy
    Bosnia isnt one of those teams I hear about, ill have an open mind. I remember when Croatia came out of knowhere in WC 98 and finished third overalll. This could be another situation,who knows.

edabramov

Be good to get some more parity in the WC for a change,seems like theres a handful of teams every four years that you know will win and then you have the rest that are just playing for national pride,its been like that for decades.

France did win the WC in 98 true, but that is a rarity.
    2006! Woulda been amazing to win 2 world cups with Zidane..

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Bosnia isnt one of those teams I hear about, ill have an open mind. I remember when Croatia came out of knowhere in WC 98 and finished third overalll. This could be another situation,who knows.
    i think they get a minimum of 4 points with that group which should see them through

they will have a decent chane to proceed to the quarterfinals from there, they will face either france or switzerland. if they face swiss i give them 50% chance of going through, probably only 30% if they face france though. after that they'll probably face germany so its goodnight. ofcoarse in football anything can happen, and they are a good team as i have said

packerd_00

2006! Woulda been amazing to win 2 world cups with Zidane..
    I was rooting for France in that final actually,they broke the trend of the power house countries.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-07-13 at 06:36 PM.

packerd_00

i think they get a minimum of 4 points with that group which should see them through

they will have a decent chane to proceed to the quarterfinals from there, they will face either france or switzerland. if they face swiss i give them 50% chance of going through, probably only 30% if they face france though. after that they'll probably face germany so its goodnight. ofcoarse in football anything can happen, and they are a good team as i have said
    Its hard for me because ive never seen Bosnia play, if Bosnia is that good Iran should be an easy three points for them right there.Well see what happens, its hard to predict these groups outside of the main countries.

Ill be curious to see what the stage of elimination prices are for Bosnia.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-07-13 at 07:36 PM.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Toughest group ever for USA, but they are best playing on the counter and not making the play.
    Portugal and Germany will be making the play, but the Ghana game is most important.
    Starting off with a result is imperative and Ghana are the typical African team, poor organization and finishing with lots of athleticism pace and drive.

If the USA can advance from this group it would be their greatest accomplishment since beating England way back in the day. Shades of 2002 and the heartbreak of 2010 loom large in the group.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Spot on here. I like our chances from our group and the first KO round if we advance. Bosna's strength is in attack and the defense is improving. I'm confident we should beat Iran, but Nigeria will be tricky. If they are physical, fast, and run like engines Bosna could have trouble. Our team isn't known for being the most fit and disciplined.

I am hoping for 4 points too which should be enough if we can keep the Argentina game respectable

First 1234