No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Pat Forde rips OSU, Big Ten office

Marcus Hall (15) for throwing a punch and the OSU coaching staff for failing to get Hall out of the stadium before he went full-on wrestling heel. But in a decision that harkens back to the efforts of commissioner Jim Delany (16) to lobby for Terrelle Pryor & Co. to play for Ohio State in the 2011 Sugar Bowl after violating NCAA rules, Hall was not suspended.

Why? Because the Buckeyes are in position to play for the national title, but first must beat Michigan State and its No. 1 defense Saturday in the Big Ten championship game. And gentleman Jim wouldn't want Ohio State at less than full strength for that game.

So Hall will play, despite coming off the bench to punch a Michigan player, slamming his helmet to the turf, kicking a bench and then firing twin-barreled obscene gestures at the Michigan Stadium stands on his way out. For a league that ranks among the national leaders (if not legends) in pious rhetoric about class and character, here was the unapologetic opposite in action.

And the Big Ten's response, after Urban Meyer went Pontius Pilate, washed his hands and left it up to the league? Suit up, son. There are BCS checks to collect, and a reputation to salvage. A football reputation, that is.

In desperate pursuit of that, the Big Ten's standards for acceptable behavior are clearly negotiable.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Marcus Hall won't change the outcome of the game, calm down Forde.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Urban Meyer can suck a big one. I have no respect for him. Never like the Big 10 commissioner either. He is one of the guys standing in the way of a playoff system and now this. Fukk em both.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Michigan started the fight. What is everyones problem? What would you do if 6 guys circle you like you are prey after the play is over?

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Damn, thats awesome.

Love Pat Forde. Him and Dan Wetzel are great.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Michigan started the fight. What is everyones problem? What would you do if 6 guys circle you like you are prey after the play is over?
    Draw a penalty and move the ball 15 yards. Really simple. If you notice it wasn't just Mich that circled him for no reason at all. Shit happens but what you throw a punch and flip the cameras the bird after a temper tantrum, something has to be done. Same goes for any michigan player that was ejected. You're done.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Forde always gets it.

I had a long conversation with him a few years back. This guy is so in tune with college athletics it's not even funny.

Wilfred

You can say what you want to now about suspensions, but most of you I would think thought that fight and flipping off the crowd was awesome at the time.

My opinion on it as a buckeye fan is they already missed most of what up to this point by far was the biggest game of the year. Dontre Wilson shouldn't face anything more, but Hall probably should have gotten a half game suspension. In the end no one got hurt, I'm sure those Michigan fans can get over seeing those fingers.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Urban Meyer can suck a big one. I have no respect for him. Never like the Big 10 commissioner either. He is one of the guys standing in the way of a playoff system and now this. Fukk em both.
    you mad bro?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I hope Urban Meyer runs the score up on them

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

My bad just watched it again. It was 8 guys that circled him. On top of that he threw the punch after his helmet got ripped off him.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It doesn't matter if he was provoked or attacked first. If this was a basketball or soccer game the guys who fought would have been suspended immediately.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It doesn't matter if he was provoked or attacked first. If this was a basketball or soccer game the guys who fought would have been suspended immediately.
    Good thing it's not

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

soccer is for pussays

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

He should fight on the Ultimate Fighter one day.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    He should fight on the Ultimate Fighter one day.
    He'd win, that show is garbage now

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    soccer is for pussays
    Well football isn't for pussys like you either. I'd bet you I can bench press you and leg press you at the same time.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Can't forget about Carlos Hyde. Urban sure has a grip on these imbeciles.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Carlos Hyde is a class act.

At least that girl hit him first over the summer. That justified the counter-slap, which justified keeping him on the team. I'm sure he was remorseful and is careful about not getting himself into compromising situations again, like posted above. That's probably just a photoshop job.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Marcus Hall won't change the outcome of the game, calm down Forde.
    That is so painfully not the point.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    That is so painfully not the point.
    How not? He says no suspension so it keeps OSU at full strength. There is minimal difference between him and the backup if any at all. This isn't Terrelle Pryor. If MSU's guy did it against Minnesota I would expect him to be playing as well.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

At least that girl hit him first over the summer. That justified the counter-slap, which justified keeping him on the team. I'm sure he was remorseful and is careful about not getting himself into compromising situations again, like posted above. That's probably just a photoshop job.
    he didnt hit her. Surveliance video proved that he did not.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

its a rivalry game what do you expect?

i love this kind of shit.

when fights happen its good for all sports.

If it wasnt for the fights NHL would not be as poplular

all this is just going to fire the Buckeyes up on saturday, keep the criticsm coming

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

he didnt hit her. Surveliance video proved that he did not.
    Incorrect.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Does the holiday season make your life more difficult?

Have you ever thought about a dirt nap?

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would having actual FEMALES posting at this site kill "it" for you?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Ohio State, Urban Meyer and Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany are made for each other. They all exude a “Holier than thou” attitude about doing things the right way only to compromise those (fabricated) standards every time there’s a big game approaching. That common thread was reinforced (Big) ten-fold when all parties agreed that two Buckeyes players ejected from last week’s Michigan game for fighting should be allowed to play in Saturday’s conference title game against Michigan State.

For Meyer, lax standards are nothing new. More than 30 Florida players were arrested during his six years as the Gators’ coach. The New York Times reported that 41 players on UF’s 2008 BCS championship squad were arrested at Florida after leaving Florida or both.

Chris Rainey was arrested for texting his girlfriend, “It’s Time to Die, *****.” Did Meyer, the father of two girls, dismiss him from the team? Of course not. Rainey helped the Gators win the 2008 title and later went to the NFL, only to be cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers after a domestic violence arrest.

Will Muschamp dismissed Janoris Jenkins from Florida’s team in 2011 following a pair of arrests. Jenkins, in a very revealing remark, made it clear such accountability wasn’t part of Meyer’s program. “No doubt, if coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” Jenkins said. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”

It’s a skill Meyer is apparently teaching to his current school and conference. But maybe we’re being too hard on Urb. After all, Aaron Hernandez was only questioned about a Gainesville shooting while playing for him.

Meyer professed things would be different five months ago at Big Ten media days: “I want to make sure our punishment is as hard or harder than any discipline that’s out there.

“That’s maybe where I’ve changed over the years. Even as a first‑time offense from a freshman, I want to make sure we’re setting the tone.”

Funny, because that first-time offense by a freshman he spoke of with such righteousness did come to pass last week when running back Dontre Wilson initiated a near bench-clearing brawl at the Big House. Wilson and guard Marcus Hall, both starters, were ejected from the game. On his way off the field, Hall issued Wolverines fans a double-barreled middle-finger salute.

In defense of his decision not to act, Meyer cited a rule that called for players involved in fights to serve a one-game suspension. He said that he would not punish the Hall and Wilson because they had already missed the rest of the Michigan game due to ejection.

What was it Meyer said at media days again? Oh yeah, “I want to make sure our punishment is harder than any discipline that’s out there.” Unless there’s a big football game approaching, of course.

Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith backed Meyer’s decision and said he would support any decision handed down by the Big Ten. Well, the Big Ten didn’t hand down any suspensions either, instead issuing a pathetic public “reprimand” for the players involved in the fight. Remember, there’s a huge football game this weekend, and the Buckeyes are the league’s only shot at a BCS title.

It’s the same old song and dance for this hypocritical lot.

Remember when THE Ohio State was “Free Tattoo U?” Remember when former Buckeyes head coach Jim Tressel was forced to resign in May 2011 for lying to the NCAA and hiding rules violations by some of his best players? Remember how Delany asked the NCAA to keep the accused Buckeyes eligible for the 2011 Sugar Bowl, in which they defeated Arkansas? Remember when those players were deemed ineligible and Ohio State’s victory was later vacated?

Though Hall and Wilson haven’t committed any NCAA violations, their actions more than warrant a suspension this week. Especially from a commissioner that boasts about “doing it the right way” in the B1G. But apparently, Ohio State and the Big Ten have joined Meyer in consistently failing to elevate the level of accountability to which they hold the players who carry their flags. But only when there’s a big football game on the line, of course.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Feel like Forde is a bit of a sensationalist at times but can't deny the facts of Meyer's past and present actions in this one.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Ohio State, Urban Meyer and Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany are made for each other. They all exude a “Holier than thou” attitude about doing things the right way only to compromise those (fabricated) standards every time there’s a big game approaching. That common thread was reinforced (Big) ten-fold when all parties agreed that two Buckeyes players ejected from last week’s Michigan game for fighting should be allowed to play in Saturday’s conference title game against Michigan State.

For Meyer, lax standards are nothing new. More than 30 Florida players were arrested during his six years as the Gators’ coach. The New York Times reported that 41 players on UF’s 2008 BCS championship squad were arrested at Florida after leaving Florida or both.

Chris Rainey was arrested for texting his girlfriend, “It’s Time to Die, *****.” Did Meyer, the father of two girls, dismiss him from the team? Of course not. Rainey helped the Gators win the 2008 title and later went to the NFL, only to be cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers after a domestic violence arrest.

Will Muschamp dismissed Janoris Jenkins from Florida’s team in 2011 following a pair of arrests. Jenkins, in a very revealing remark, made it clear such accountability wasn’t part of Meyer’s program. “No doubt, if coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” Jenkins said. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”

It’s a skill Meyer is apparently teaching to his current school and conference. But maybe we’re being too hard on Urb. After all, Aaron Hernandez was only questioned about a Gainesville shooting while playing for him.

Meyer professed things would be different five months ago at Big Ten media days: “I want to make sure our punishment is as hard or harder than any discipline that’s out there.

“That’s maybe where I’ve changed over the years. Even as a first‑time offense from a freshman, I want to make sure we’re setting the tone.”

Funny, because that first-time offense by a freshman he spoke of with such righteousness did come to pass last week when running back Dontre Wilson initiated a near bench-clearing brawl at the Big House. Wilson and guard Marcus Hall, both starters, were ejected from the game. On his way off the field, Hall issued Wolverines fans a double-barreled middle-finger salute.

In defense of his decision not to act, Meyer cited a rule that called for players involved in fights to serve a one-game suspension. He said that he would not punish the Hall and Wilson because they had already missed the rest of the Michigan game due to ejection.

What was it Meyer said at media days again? Oh yeah, “I want to make sure our punishment is harder than any discipline that’s out there.” Unless there’s a big football game approaching, of course.

Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith backed Meyer’s decision and said he would support any decision handed down by the Big Ten. Well, the Big Ten didn’t hand down any suspensions either, instead issuing a pathetic public “reprimand” for the players involved in the fight. Remember, there’s a huge football game this weekend, and the Buckeyes are the league’s only shot at a BCS title.

It’s the same old song and dance for this hypocritical lot.

Remember when THE Ohio State was “Free Tattoo U?” Remember when former Buckeyes head coach Jim Tressel was forced to resign in May 2011 for lying to the NCAA and hiding rules violations by some of his best players? Remember how Delany asked the NCAA to keep the accused Buckeyes eligible for the 2011 Sugar Bowl, in which they defeated Arkansas? Remember when those players were deemed ineligible and Ohio State’s victory was later vacated?

Though Hall and Wilson haven’t committed any NCAA violations, their actions more than warrant a suspension this week. Especially from a commissioner that boasts about “doing it the right way” in the B1G. But apparently, Ohio State and the Big Ten have joined Meyer in consistently failing to elevate the level of accountability to which they hold the players who carry their flags. But only when there’s a big football game on the line, of course.

Urban Myers job is to do everything possible to win. That is the ONLY thing that matters.
    End of thread.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Urban Myers job is to do everything possible to win. That is the ONLY thing that matters.
    End of thread.
    Which is why Ohio St has zero integrity.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Which is why Ohio St has zero integrity.

Exactly

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Feel like Forde is a bit of a sensationalist at times but can't deny the facts of Meyer's past and present actions in this one.
    Not the thread nor the place, but I just wanted to mention I hate you fukking program. Boeheim and his Faux-defense is cancer to the game.

ChalkyDog

End of thread.
    Which members of this OSU team are homicidal maniacs that Urban is playing, because the dredges of society that he has on his team give him the best chance to win?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Not the thread nor the place, but I just wanted to mention I hate you fukking program. Boeheim and his Faux-defense is cancer to the game.

Hate you guys too. Win one this century and get back to me.

12 Last