ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

did he get this 1 mill from the money stolen from betisland. 1 mill still won't be the biggest, it would be a tie

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Sounds good. How will the money be paid and collected?

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

SBR holding 700k?
    LOL
    Good luck.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Sounds too good to be true actually. I am willing to put up the 1k if the prize money is held in escrow by a reputable 3rd party payment agent.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Who would be holding the money? CRIS? Heritage? or SBR?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I will be bankrolling at least a dozen teams.

Have already begun process to secure elite players.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swinging Johnson

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

exciting and I will be first to enter to help get it going as soon as details set up. this will create some buzz yes..for sure But it is silly to think 700 posters or teams would send in 1000. I mean who is in charge of your marketing because they dont know much about the post up contest forum universe last few years. and we have to think if say 75 actually enter then the 300k is not being added it will be the ratio based on entries> you might get 50-75 entries at that level and that long of a hold and some BI hangover trust issues here...

still have to dream up big to play big and expand I guess...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

That last caper is always the biggest one...

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I will enter and send in the $1k. But I would rather post it up at bookmaker than send it to sbr

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post

I will enter and send in the $1k. But I would rather post it up at bookmaker than send it to sbr

Already posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom

The ONLY way Sammy would consider entering (Sammy dont play contests) is if CRIS would handle the escrow and post-up $$$

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    exciting and I will be first to enter to help get it going as soon as details set up. this will create some buzz yes..for sure But it is silly to think 700 posters or teams would send in 1000. I mean who is in charge of your marketing because they dont know much about the post up contest forum universe last few years. and we have to think if say 75 actually enter then the 300k is not being added it will be the ratio based on entries> you might get 50-75 entries at that level and that long of a hold and some BI hangover trust issues here...

still have to dream up big to play big and expand I guess...
    We will make the number. Many will be international players and we will have a robust advertising and pr campaign. I'm in charge of marketing and planning and maybe I don't know anything about marketing, and maybe I do. We're going to find out.

I agree with those that say 777 is a LOT of picks. We need to balance out enough picks to have a large enough sample but not make it burdensome. Maybe 500 is enough? That's about 55 picks per month. (still sounds like a lot) Probably the least we could go and still have a credibly large sample is 450.

On the varied units vs straight one unit bets; let's keep talking about this one. I have noticed from my many years in this business almost everyone from the top pros to the beginner varies his bet size. The contest should have at least some minimum reflection of that.

As far as the money goes we have some work to do on that subject. We could probably get a Bet365 or a Pinny but we would have to exclude US players. No book would want to hold their money and we don't either. There may be an international escrow service or trust service we can utilize for US players if we include them.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    We will make the number. Many will be international players and we will have a robust advertising and pr campaign. I'm in charge of marketing and planning and maybe I don't know anything about marketing, and maybe I do. We're going to find out.

I agree with those that say 777 is a LOT of picks. We need to balance out enough picks to have a large enough sample but not make it burdensome. Maybe 500 is enough? That's about 55 picks per month. (still sounds like a lot) Probably the least we could go and still have a credibly large sample is 450.

On the varied units vs straight one unit bets; let's keep talking about this one. I have noticed from my many years in this business almost everyone from the top pros to the beginner varies his bet size. The contest should have at least some minimum reflection of that.

As far as the money goes we have some work to do on that subject. We could probably get a Bet365 or a Pinny but we would have to exclude US players. No book would want to hold their money and we don't either. There may be an international escrow service or trust service we can utilize for US players if we include them.

If you are going to allow varied unit sizes then I would vote to have a limited range and no limit on the number of plays in that range. Say you make the range 1-10 units, if someone wants to fire all his plays at whatever units then so be it.

500 at a minimum number of plays, not a great sample size but better than nothing. Most will have no problem generating that kind of volume if there taking the contest remotely seriously and if they can't then oh well. Getting it anything less and a nice heater takes it down.

Good luck figuring the money issue out.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Why not 450 1 unit plays

50 2 units plays?

Get that 3 unit shit outta here.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

sounds very cool. Gotta believe you can win or don't enter

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Why not 450 1 unit plays

50 2 units plays?

Get that 3 unit shit outta here.
    Right. That's why I suggested something like out of say 400 plays 350 would be 1 unit plays and maybe 50 could be 1.5 unit plays. Keep it tight but allow a little varying.

The funds holding should fall into place. This is not gambling. The problem is trying to get an international bookmaker sponsor when US players are in the mix. And of course the US has scared every bank in the world on anything gaming related even though as I said this is not gambling, so we have some work to do there.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Make the minimum lower. So you can bet up to 400 plays but must bet 250 during that time. That way the more selective bettors don't have to throw darts to make minimum.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

500 seems like the right amount of plays IMO.

i like the idea of posting up at bookmaker.

whats the real odds this gets off jon

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Limit the amt of error messages to hide the picks of the leaders

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna be a tough nut to crack, making an escrow payment to a US winner with any book funded hold. Good luck even finding an entity willing to hold those funds.

Seems odd that anyone who is as familiar with RICO as you would want to shine any light on themselves at all.

Risk reward is very suspect here for you , someone Walker.

You gonna have to dig in your own wallet to take the smell off this one. You can sell the site you can pass this off as a non gaming entity, good luck with the DOJ.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

id say 95% of however many picks should be 1 unit, maybe 5% 2 units.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

why teams?

should be single players

multiple entries allowed?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Gonna be hard to get american posters to cough up 1k after the betislands fiasco .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I'm sharp as a tack on MLB and NCAA totals.. Get me in

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I will be bankrolling at least a dozen teams.

Have already begun process to secure elite players.
    Hmmmm that's odd, haven't received a pm from you.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

get ur game up boys... cash or points.. ill try to look forward to this!!

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

You should consider advertising this on 2+2 forums. Not only are there a lot of sports bettors there, more importantly it's probably the #1 place to find gamblers on the internet period. Advertising cost is probably reasonable for the short period and you'll get a bunch of entries from there.

I think you should also consider restricting it to all major US facing sports and top shelf soccer leagues. There's going to be a lot of angling if you allow small market bets into the div 2/tiny soccer markets, arena football, rugby etc. Also would consider only SIDE/TOTAL/ML as derivative/prop markets will get exploited too. It should level the playing field as much as possible and give everyone good entertainment burn on their money.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

only people who are allowed to hold my money is a bank even then i dont really like it

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    You should consider advertising this on 2+2 forums. Not only are there a lot of sports bettors there, more importantly it's probably the #1 place to find gamblers on the internet period. Advertising cost is probably reasonable for the short period and you'll get a bunch of entries from there.

I think you should also consider restricting it to all major US facing sports and top shelf soccer leagues. There's going to be a lot of angling if you allow small market bets into the div 2/tiny soccer markets, arena football, rugby etc. Also would consider only SIDE/TOTAL/ML as derivative/prop markets will get exploited too. It should level the playing field as much as possible and give everyone good entertainment burn on their money.
    As you stated we will limit it to major market sports.

Billy as for the legal stuff maybe we will have to give away the US allotment in year 1 by a series of contests. We can obviously not exclude the US and have a true championship. Contest rules in the US vary state to state and gets complicated. A lot of big companies have contests where you buy something and have a chance to win a gazzilion dollars, think McDonalds Monopoly. But of course they are not using betting software and laying 7.5 points either.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    why teams?

should be single players

multiple entries allowed?
    I agree...should be a single player entries only....if you can't cough up 1G you have no business being in this contest

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Yeah I have to agree, good luck gett'in American players to pony up a grand to be held in some unfamiliar offshore supposedly legitimate "escrow" site. The BI fiasco has really soured a lot of trust around here with the exception of the dumb ass pro and non pro newbies who don't have a clue as to what the fuk happened and ask stupid questions, like "can I enter this with points?"

Hell, you're not even sure if you'll be able to work it out so Americans can participate. I honestly don't see how you're gonna generate enough excitement for a 1 million dollar betting contest that only pays out 70 places, let alone get 700 people to kick in a grand each. What about the possibility of running a massive international poker tournament to tie in with the new odds site launch? You would be getting the best of both worlds, new betters using the site and the popularity of poker players who love to play cards and gamble.

If you really wanna create some excitement at this place John and put your money where you mouth is, sponsor a massive SBR poker tournament and send a huge team of 100 SBR logo wearing Pros to play in next years WSOP. You could still charge an entry fee to play and with a 300K overlay, the turnout and traffic generated to the site would be phenomenal. Plus, there would be no hassle with US player restrictions since the WSOP is held in the USA. The entry fees could be held in a paypal type account.

Just think about it, the top 648 cashed in this years tourney with the least amount of $19,106 and the final 8 finishing as millionaires and multi millionaires. Imagine having a 100 SBR sponsored players in that pool, the overall odds of one or more of us cashing would increase dramatically and the exposure and free publicity for SBR would be worth its weight in gold.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts, and greenhippo

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Because of the trust issues, American players will be required to send their 1k entry fee to Carseller.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I have a check of $1000 US dollars in my hands right now. Where do I need to mail it? This feels like buying 1000 lottery tickets when the jackpot is $600 million. I mean if you are going to have a contest with $1,000,000 US dollar prizes the US posters have to be able to participate easily else make it the 1,000,000 Euro or 1,000,000 peso contest.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LMAO really?

A year ago at this time you guys were all in hiding hoping the stench of Betislands would go away. You guys were holed up somewhere hoping guys werent tracking you down looking to kill you. Even this past summer you were all still so scared you didnt promote any sort of bash because you still didnt want to be out in the open.

Now you actually have the balls to promote a POST UP contest?

The fact that there are guys arguing about details rather than the obvious issue is mind boggling. But people are dumb so it shouldnt be all that surprising.

If more than 10 people actually do enter this thing, and they are all aliases of guys who got kick backs from what Bet Islands stole it really will be a sad day in forum history.

Its one thing to get stiffed by a joint, it is totally another to WILLINGLY send more money to someone who was involved in the scam hoping to win some fairy tale contest.

But I will ask one question, is the 300K guaranteed no matter how many people sign up?

Here is a novel idea, take the 300K and split it up amongst that list of people who got stiffed by BetIslands. Do that, and in another 2 or 3 years if you dont do anything stupid you might have enough good will to try and pull another scam like this off.
    Points Awarded:

Iwinyourmoney gave wantitall4moi 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

pls address the details of pts or cash.. there's some much hate with this Post up contest im seeing. We dont need more from such a shady business as it is..

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LMAO really?

A year ago at this time you guys were all in hiding hoping the stench of Betislands would go away. You guys were holed up somewhere hoping guys werent tracking you down looking to kill you. Even this past summer you were all still so scared you didnt promote any sort of bash because you still didnt want to be out in the open.

Now you actually have the balls to promote a POST UP contest?

The fact that there are guys arguing about details rather than the obvious issue is mind boggling. But people are dumb so it shouldnt be all that surprising.

If more than 10 people actually do enter this thing, and they are all aliases of guys who got kick backs from what Bet Islands stole it really will be a sad day in forum history.

Its one thing to get stiffed by a joint, it is totally another to WILLINGLY send more money to someone who was involved in the scam hoping to win some fairy tale contest.

But I will ask one question, is the 300K guaranteed no matter how many people sign up?

Here is a novel idea, take the 300K and split it up amongst that list of people who got stiffed by BetIslands. Do that, and in another 2 or 3 years if you dont do anything stupid you might have enough good will to try and pull another scam like this off.
    You done showing off wantit? Let the adults brainstorm this. For the past 14 years guys like you have been saying the ideas around here will never work.So far you're wrong and this will be another one. And for you guys following along you will hear that whenever you try your own thing. You can translate guys like this to mean; I can't do it or even dream it, so hope you fail.

It's way past time for at least one big time sports betting championship contest. It may take some time to ripen much like the World Series of Poker was almost a bust out of the gate. But thinking long term the world needs a major, big money sports betting championship...and the world is going to get it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDaddy

First 1234 Last