jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why Are So Many Guys Getting Hurt In NBA???

Anyone have a good reason???

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

maybe juicing

steroids build muscle in turn weaken ligaments

jjgold

Manny possible or are they over training???

I do not think in the 70's and 80's guys worked out so much

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I dont know JJ,

good question though.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

luck. or lack of it in this case.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Pussies

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

I think the amount of games they play in a short amount of time ain't good for you. Also bball I guess in general is a dangerous sport

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Manny24 nailed it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

in my opinion basketball is a pretty easy sport to get injured playing.

Lots of changing direction and stoping and starting.

Big ass dudes throwin bows after they get rebounds . Big ass dudes like Lebron tackling yo azz when you trying to get a lay up.

Football has become so pussy-Fied i think NBA might even be more dangerous.

I haven't seen an NFL player lay a good hit on someone since Sean Taylor. RIP

Sean Taylor was nasty! I still remember that hit he put on the punter in the Pro Bowl anybody got a gif on that hit?

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    in my opinion basketball is a pretty easy sport to get injured playing.

Lots of changing direction and stoping and starting.

Big ass dudes throwin bows after they get rebounds . Big ass dudes like Lebron tackling yo azz when you trying to get a lay up.

Football has become so pussy-Fied i think NBA might even be more dangerous.

Sean Taylor was nasty! I still remember that hit he put on the punter in the Pro Bowl anybody got a gif on that hit?

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol. The music in that clip is excellent.

jjgold

I think players are over training now in the off season

The old days they never did and less injuries

way too much emphasis on off season workouts

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Its the shoes!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

It's not the changing direction/cuts that's hurting them its something else. Didn't the new CBA require less practices?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

bones are weaker because of flouride in the water/toothpaste, and chemicals in food

jjgold

Mike interesting actually
    You never know

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Nothing gives a black guy more pleasure than sitting on the bench collecting millions in salary from big bad whitey.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-20-15 at 01:38 PM. Reason: image does not exist

jjgold

Bulls going to eat a ton of money with this one

Rose real value was marketing

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

In my opinion its the new players that are destroying themselves. There was a recent article written on Kobe trashing AAU basketball because its teaches people that athleticism is all you need. Players these days are so focused on running, jumping, dunking, changing directions so quickly. This doesn't mean you wont be a great player but it means you will have a short career. The players that have lasted long in this league and continued to play at a high level have very strong fundamentals and know how to take care of themselves. The Duncan's the Kobe's( i know he's injured now but this is first major injury in 17 years), Garnett, pierce, dirk, etc...all have played very good and long careers because they have been able to stay on the court. These days the top players like Blake Griffin, Russel Westbrook, Anthony Davis will not have long careers playing the way they do. Players like Kevin Love will get no love because he's not flashy. He'll have a great long career like Tim Duncan but people will no who Blake Griffin is.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    In my opinion its the new players that are destroying themselves. There was a recent article written on Kobe trashing AAU basketball because its teaches people that athleticism is all you need. Players these days are so focused on running, jumping, dunking, changing directions so quickly. This doesn't mean you wont be a great player but it means you will have a short career. The players that have lasted long in this league and continued to play at a high level have very strong fundamentals and know how to take care of themselves. The Duncan's the Kobe's( i know he's injured now but this is first major injury in 17 years), Garnett, pierce, dirk, etc...all have played very good and long careers because they have been able to stay on the court. These days the top players like Blake Griffin, Russel Westbrook, Anthony Davis will not have long careers playing the way they do. Players like Kevin Love will get no love because he's not flashy. He'll have a great long career like Tim Duncan but people will no who Blake Griffin is.
    Makes sense. Anthony Davis was the first one who came to mind. I don't think his play style is sustainable but as of now he is balling the fk out.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    yup, its no surprise that players like duncun, KG, kidd, ray allen, were able to have long productive careers
    i mean, what exactly has derrick rose improved in his game?? the dude still cant shoot

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Love was hurt all of last year COMMON

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Love was hurt all of last year COMMON
    Wasn't because he was doing 8 foot side to side jump stops.