SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Does and Can Denver make a statement?

Can we all pretty much agree that KC is the worse 9-0 team in NFL history? That doesn't mean they are a bad team, they are good, it just means they are not as good as any other team that has hung 9 wins-0 losses beside their name.

Onto the game; for starters I think we see an all out gallant effort from the chiefs who had to notice Vegas opened them up as the second biggest dog on the board. ouch. You better bet the Chief practices this week will be intense. The Chief coaches have been around the block and know they have to pressure manning.

The Broncos have not had a high profile game against a true contender really all year. They beat the Jags, cowgirls and who else hmm played the Raiders and Redskins. The point being they have not had a battle of the titans game yet this year at home. Denver comes out ready.

Do the Broncos make a statement in this game? Yes I think they do. The trickier one is Can they make a statement? I don't think they can. KC pounds on a sore manning, plays great defense and keeps it close. Manning is Manning and finds a way to get the high fives as the gun sounds but the generous amount of points hold up.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The Broncos have been making a statement all season.

Yes i think they win and cover here too.

Will Dwayne Bowe get to play for the Chiefs?

I heard he got arrested.

The only thing about this game is Chiefs have a great pass rush
    and Broncos been struggling to protect Manning since
    Ryan Clady went down.

Some people are questioning Peytons arm strength too.

However He is so smart he always knows which receiver will be open.

Chiefs may cover but Broncos will win unless Peyton gets hurt.

Andy Reid has only lost once coming off a bye though.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Obviously.....this means pound the fukk out of the Broncos laying the points.

I'm no fool, Walker.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

if their is a statement to be made here its for the Chiefs. Alot of people still not taking them serious enough and a win here over the Broncos on the road would be a huge statement.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I've watched both teams numerous times this season.

I think Denver flattens KC. And if they don't flatten them the first time they play, double up on them the second time around.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i will bet both sides and the under and the over
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    if their is a statement to be made here its for the Chiefs. Alot of people still not taking them serious enough and a win here over the Broncos on the road would be a huge statement.
    It's not that the Chiefs aren't trying. It's that they're an incomplete offensive team. Big difference between wanting to walk the walk against elite competition and actually being able to.

We've seen how close KC has come to losing over and over again to doormat teams. They've had the easiest nine-week schedule I've ever seen. That ends this week. Manning's tender ankle is the only thing keeping me from hammering Denver.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would take Denver in the 1st qtr and the first half

They are coming out firing, who knows about 2nd half and adjustments

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Don't be surprised if the Chiefs win outright. Two weeks to prepare for Manning. Andy Reid is the master of covering spreads but he is not going to Denver to just cover the spread. He is going there to win!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It's not that the Chiefs aren't trying. It's that they're an incomplete offensive team. Big difference between wanting to walk the walk against elite competition and actually being able to.

We've seen how close KC has come to losing over and over again to doormat teams. They've had the easiest nine-week schedule I've ever seen. That ends this week. Manning's tender ankle is the only thing keeping me from hammering Denver.
    Dever has had just as easy or easier schedule as the chiefs. Go look at the games and get back to me.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I would take Denver in the 1st qtr and the first half

They are coming out firing, who knows about 2nd half and adjustments
    Actually I am thinking the opposite here...KC will be out of gas come second half and the altitude doesn't help either.
    If Denver is trailing at the half I am gonna pound em (leave it alone if Denver is leading at the half)

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

lets just pray john doesn't make any more picks

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Kansas City wont win any more than 2 games the rest of the season. Probably only 1.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

They both have had cake walk schedules. Denver has looked brilliant while KC has done it '72 Dolphins style.

It's hard to get overly excited about KC in this spot. Denver has a good defense too. But the leans favor grabbing the points. Manning is human when a good non-blitz assisted pass rush knocks him around. I'm not worried about KC holding Denver to a 24ish spot. More worried about KC getting to 20 on the road.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

just bet both sides guarantee you a winner

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just bet Denver and Denver ML, bound to hit at least one of them if not both.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

sbr john, please! can tells why sbr make the erase on gifs I make for the posting?

is of the illegal?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The Chiefs are way better than that Tennessee team that started 10-0 with Kerry Collins COMMON

Derty D
    Derty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1838

Denver doesn't need to make a statement. They are the reigning division champs! Teams and people who have something to prove try to make statements. Regardless of all that, DEN-8.5 won't be easy against a tough defense. I think DEN covers in a low scoring game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Doesn't the forehead play subpar in big games or do we have to wait till the playoffs to play that card?

Broncos are going to miss their tackle in this one. Manning has taken a beating the past two weeks. KC likes playing with one safety back and put people up on the line to get to the QB. Denver will have to spread them out and hope Manning can get the ball out in time. He's still going to take some shots. Expect the Broncos line to do whatever they have to do to keep him from being hit. You can bet Big Rog is having a pow wow with the refs to be lenient with the holding calls this weekend.