daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Do we fade all picks from SBR Staff from here on?

Seems like every "It's Christmas" or "Coming out of retirement" pick have been more mush than a bowl of Bob's Red Mill oatmeal.

Could there be ulterior motives to get the real side they want in the SBR book?

We just auto-fade these from here on

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Hawaii+16.5

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

You never lost a pick?

Not a terrible idea though.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    You never lost a pick?

All the time John

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You never lost a pick?

I respect both you and Lou a lot as gamblers, which makes me wonder WTF you cats were thinking taking games like last night or Vikings at home vs. Green Bay, or the Texans in Baltimore, or whatever Lou's other game of the century was (don't remember, but it was way off).

I think the OP is wondering if there's some sort of reversed meaning to your posts lately, because the picks have been so off from what you guys normally take, as well as the whole hyperbole thing for the thread titles. Maybe we're reading too much into it and you guys just whiffed. I was just stunned when you took the OU bait, given the drastic line move in Baylor's favor (you know a move that drastic isn't just fueled by public $$$) and the fact that Pinny was the first book to offer a -17 juiced for the Sooners.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I respect both you and Lou a lot as gamblers, which makes me wonder WTF you cats were thinking taking games like last night or Vikings at home vs. Green Bay, or the Texans in Baltimore, or whatever Lou's other game of the century was (don't remember, but it was way off).

I think the OP is wondering if there's some sort of reversed meaning to your posts lately, because the picks have been so off from what you guys normally take, as well as the whole hyperbole thing for the thread titles. Maybe we're reading too much into it and you guys just whiffed. I was just stunned when you took the OU bait, given the drastic line move in Baylor's favor (you know a move that drastic isn't just fueled by public $$$) and the fact that Pinny was the first book to offer a -17 juiced for the Sooners.
    Interesting theory. So I knew Baylor would cover and threw out Oklahoma as the play? Baylor was definitely a public play. I guess you missed where I posted the Jets over the Saints was the best play on the board last week? Because after the game I don't recall you posting that I gave the wrong side.

I got 2 picks left. They may both lose but I explained why I like them and if you want to try to make some coin fading them then I'm happy I could help. If they both win I reckon I'll catch up with you win I post one that losses.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Like yesterdays game I clicked on the SBR clip on the Okie/Baylor game Horseshak likes Okie the tout loves Okie he even says he is thinking about placing a good size bet on OKie ml. Horseshak then says wow I like my Okie pick even more ....which lead me to pounding Baylor Bears

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Interesting theory. So I knew Baylor would cover and threw out Oklahoma as the play? Baylor was definitely a public play. I guess you missed where I posted the Jets over the Saints was the best play on the board last week? Because after the game I don't recall you posting that I gave the wrong side.

I got 2 picks left. They may both lose but I explained why I like them and if you want to try to make some coin fading them then I'm happy I could help. If they both win I reckon I'll catch up with you win I post one that losses.
    baylor was not really a public play. it was about a 50/50 split

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'd like to see where/how you can prove Baylor was the public play.

Didn't see last week's NFL posts. Sorry. Belated congrats for hitting both. I've congratulated you over and over again in the past for the winners you've posted, and said that I always pay attention to the plays you post because they're usually very smart and calculated. Not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch now over ? you Oklahoma play, which didn't make sense to me as I said beforehand. Oh well. Good luck on Navy and USC.

Ra77er

Oklahoma was slightly writing more tickets than Baylor across several shops (spread)

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

have JuiceLine make the betting?

and! the mans who tells makes the gobbles on penises, he make the betting?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Oklahoma was slightly writing more tickets than Baylor across several shops (spread)
    And I would assume there was way more public money on the OU ML than Baylor, though I'd like to see the numbers.

I'm not expecting SBRJohn or Lou to be infallible. It just seems like their picks lately have been really against the grain of what they normally post.
    Last edited by No coincidences; 11-08-13 at 12:30 PM.

Ra77er

70/30 at 5dimes on OU ML
    75/25 at CRIS on OU ML

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    70/30 at 5dimes on OU ML
    75/25 at CRIS on OU ML
    Well duh, the public isn't ever going to play -600 ml's of a football game.

NC you based that on a couple of examples like one from week 3 where Houston was 2-0. They haven't won since. If I actually did know the winners in advance I certainly wouldn't be sitting here typing. You want to book my last two picks for your 7000 point balance?(lets test your theory conviction)

Ra77er

I was simply relaying numbers Johnny, do not make me use the crane kick.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

No coin is out if control
    Who gives a shit if it was a public bet or not
    On to the next one

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

NC you based that on a couple of examples like one from week 3 where Houston was 2-0. They haven't won since. If I actually did know the winners in advance I certainly wouldn't be sitting here typing. You want to book my last two picks for your 7000 point balance?(lets test your theory conviction)
    I haven't once questioned your other two picks. I have no opinions on those games. How about we do this though (I'm assuming you have the power to do so): if you go 2-0 on those games, you can take the 2,188 points over 5,000 (which I'm assuming is still the carryover amount for going pro) I have and keep them for yourself. If you don't hit both, the 2,188 can go to charity or whatever. Sound good?

Ra77er

Challenge issued

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

love e-battles between grown ass men

TwoWays

can we wager pts on this sbr john?

i don't care whose right on the point. i want to bet against any forum member with "sbr" in their username or jjgold and lt profits. you've fcked us long enough.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post

i don't care whose right on the point. i want to bet against any forum member with "sbr" in their username or jjgold and lt profits. you've fcked us long enough.
    Sure. Go Pro, transfer whatever you want to bet and I'll give you Hawaii and Cal +16.5 even. That'll teach me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    love e-battles between grown ass men
    No "e-battle" here -- at least not between John and myself.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post

Stupid post. "You've fcked us long enough"? What does that even mean?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Fwiw, I'm on USC. Those teams are going in opposite directions.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

coin dont worry about it, if this guy cant figure out that oklahoma was a public dog by seeing what books closed where then hes hopeless.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    coin dont worry about it, if this guy cant figure out that oklahoma was a public dog by seeing what books closed where then hes hopeless.
    John's about the furthest thing from "hopeless" there is on this board. Just surprised by the OU pick, and surprised by some of Lou's picks lately, too -- especially, like I said, the hyperbole that's come with them. These guys have been around the block a time or twenty. They know what they're doing. That's why I don't get the catchy thread titles for games that haven't even been close.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    John's about the furthest thing from "hopeless" there is on this board. Just surprised by the OU pick, and surprised by some of Lou's picks lately, too -- especially, like I said, the hyperbole that's come with them. These guys have been around the block a time or twenty. They know what they're doing. That's why I don't get the catchy thread titles for games that haven't even been close.
    honestly dont know why this stuff bothers you so much. you turn a profit most seasons from the looks of it. if they are driving public action, who gives a penetrate, everyones gota make a living somehow.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Never follow SBR staff picks.

They hit less than 50%.

I still remember justin burying the entire forum back in 2009 with his pick.

These SBR staff picks are meant for people to lose their shirts...with "bet of century", "coming out of christmas" crap

The sad thing is that new sbr folks see these threads and go all-in. Little do they know.

Now that this thread has come up...just watch the next new picks from sbr staff..it will be all winners....just watch...this is just sucker people in again...and bury them come december.

Still remember justin's burial of entire forum in 2009...it was a pick in college football...tebow's last game i think in a bowl game...he buried the entire forum by saying go all-in on cincinatti +13.....he said his math models were showing 5 star value...blah blah blah

Never follow these sbr staff picks...they hit less than 50%.

TwoWays

vyomguy and i are in-sync with our thoughts.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Still remember justin's burial of entire forum in 2009...it was a pick in college football...tebow's last game i think in a bowl game...he buried the entire forum by saying go all-in on cincinatti +13.....he said his math models were showing 5 star value...blah blah blah
    I remember that. Placed one of my bigger bets ever on UF, but not because of anything he said. If you watched college football that year you'd know that if UF showed up to play, they would bury Cincinnati...and they were pissed.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

forums make money off of posters losses

its no different here or at other sites

at least john doesnt give out 7 plays a week

he is saving you money

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Do my subforum picks count?

For the record, here are all my posted plays so far for Friday:

CFB
    New Mexico -3 -105 (Bookmaker)

NBA
    Wizards +125 ML (5 Dimes)
    76ers +3.5 -105 (5 Dimes)
    Lakers / Pelicans UNDER 201 -105 (5 Dimes)
    Kings / Blazers UNDER 202 -103 (5 Dimes)

CBB
    Providence -3 -110 (Bookmaker)
    Cal Poly SLO +17.5 -110 (DSI)
    Saint Mary’s -5.5 -108 (Heritage)
    Drexel +325 ML (5 Dimes)

Feel free to fade away.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Do you know how crazy "I still remember justin burying the entire forum back in 2009 with his pick" sounds?

How about my '06 Rose Bowl pick where I gave you Texas + 7 and the ML? huh huh? Texas 41 USC 38. Still can't believe Carrol tried to run up the middle on 4th and 3 with 2 mins to go on the USC 40 and a 4 point lead. Maybe he knew I had called the ML????

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

its funny u guys are hammering john when one of his plays loses

when john said the colts were a coinflip to beat the broncos this year no coin didnt post in the thread after the game

i nailed colts +235 thqat game bc of what john said

123 Last