Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how come USA has struggled to compete in Soccer?

Americans are good at almost every other sport.

Last time they advanced but didn't even win a single game.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Because our college system is not as good as the professional system abroad. USA is improving, but does not produce any high quality technical players.

and

And Belgium has the same chance I do of winning the world cup 0

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

USA is 14th in the world, they are not slugs. The majority of the USMNT is MLS players as well. We'll be a super-power in the next 25 years. I think we're just a bunch of slow honkeys though which hurts us the most. Spanish players are much faster.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    USA is 14th in the world, they are not slugs. The majority of the USMNT is MLS players as well. We'll be a super-power in the next 25 years. I think we're just a bunch of slow honkeys though which hurts us the most. Spanish players are much faster.

maybe brasilians are faster as they have a lot of arfican genes. but not mexican-spanish guys. they are shorter, appear faster but whites are slightly better athletically.....USA will probably make a world cup semifinal in the next 24 years. but unless they get the 10.2 100meter sprinters to play soccer instead of other sports they wont be a power

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

People have been saying that the US will become a major power in football for atleast the last 25 years,nothing will happen unless the youth system is changed.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher1991 View Post
    People have been saying that the US will become a major power in football for atleast the last 25 years,nothing will happen unless the youth system is changed.
    when i played youth soccer everyone got a trophy. Which i guess sets us up for dissapointment later in life.

There are a lot of hispanics and europeans in America maybe they will get citizenship and help USA get better.
    I think black people would be good at soccer if they played b/c they are so fast and athletic but ofcourse they would rather play the other kind of football or basketball...

imagine sammy watkins on a soccer field , guy would be like out version of Messi.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lol

Prince88
    Prince88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

belgium has actually some chances..
    considering that its very likely to classify first in the group, they will play against portugal or usa in the next stage.. which is not a bad scenario..
    even tho, 14 to 1 is ridiculous, you will prolly get a better price betting belgium do advance in every stage

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    when i played youth soccer everyone got a trophy. Which i guess sets us up for dissapointment later in life.

There are a lot of hispanics and europeans in America maybe they will get citizenship and help USA get better.
    I think black people would be good at soccer if they played b/c they are so fast and athletic but ofcourse they would rather play the other kind of football or basketball...

imagine sammy watkins on a soccer field , guy would be like out version of Messi.
    The system of high school, college, drafted as a Pro doesn't work in soccer. So unless the MLS develops their own farm systems where they get players from middle school to play for their farm system they will not develop any talent by waiting to draft someone at age 23 from college.

MakePwithMe
    MakePwithMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

USA won't ever be considered a footballing nation until they produce a role model.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

usa will never be a world cup threat EVER may make a nice run every now and again but a top 5 team no way in hell

MakePwithMe

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    usa will never be a world cup threat EVER may make a nice run every now and again but a top 5 team no way in hell
    even south korea made a nice run

then again they are miles ahead of usa

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by MakePwithMe View Post
    even south korea made a nice run

then again they are miles ahead of usa
    koreans were a special situation, world cup was very early after the european season and they were at home in front of a raucous crowd. also, they appeared to be in bed with the refs, i think the guy from the italy game is in the nba right now under the alias "joey crawford".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Korea's topping group H, Win against Russia, Win against Algeria and a tie against Belgium.

MakePwithMe

koreans were a special situation, world cup was very early after the european season and they were at home in front of a raucous crowd. also, they appeared to be in bed with the refs, i think the guy from the italy game is in the nba right now under the alias "joey crawford".
    hiddink & park ji sung were the reason along with some help from other variables

right now korea look the part the average soccer fan won't realize this

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by MakePwithMe View Post
    hiddink & park ji sung were the reason along with some help from other variables

right now korea look the part the average soccer fan won't realize this
    Lee Young Pyo was the reason korea did well along with some help

hurricane1091

Usmnt will continue to improve. Solid core of young players in Dempsey, Altidore, Bradley, etc. Julian Green now on the team and Jurgen is closing in on converting other internationals over to USA. There are a lot of development teams now and RBNY launched an under 12 team today. Things are improving. I still say our biggest issue is lack of speed. You need either great technical ability or greater speed to compensate for lack there of and we're just average is both categories. I have total faith in the front side of the squad with Bradley, Dempsey, Jozy, and Donovan. Bench midfield and forwards are good too. Timmy Howard is class but the questions are in the back line really and if USA doesn't get passed the group stage I guarantee its not because we get shut out in games. We can score 2 on Germany, Ghana, or Portugal. But can we prevent them from scoring 3+??? Who knows. Sometimes the USA play tight defense and opt for the counter attack game but I hate that a lot because go ask any team on the bottom of the epl table and see how well that works out for them. But if you get too many men forward we all know Ronaldo is fast as hell and can blow past everyone.

Back on topic though. I don't know about Belgium. Say these lines to yourself. 'Belgium has won the world cup!' and if you can do it without laughing then go ahead and place the bet.

MakePwithMe

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Lee Young Pyo was the reason korea did well along with some help
    yeah great fullback

was awesome for spurs

MakePwithMe

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    Usmnt will continue to improve. Solid core of young players in Dempsey, Altidore, Bradley, etc. Julian Green now on the team and Jurgen is closing in on converting other internationals over to USA. There are a lot of development teams now and RBNY launched an under 12 team today. Things are improving. I still say our biggest issue is lack of speed. You need either great technical ability or greater speed to compensate for lack there of and we're just average is both categories. I have total faith in the front side of the squad with Bradley, Dempsey, Jozy, and Donovan. Bench midfield and forwards are good too. Timmy Howard is class but the questions are in the back line really and if USA doesn't get passed the group stage I guarantee its not because we get shut out in games. We can score 2 on Germany, Ghana, or Portugal. But can we prevent them from scoring 3+??? Who knows. Sometimes the USA play tight defense and opt for the counter attack game but I hate that a lot because go ask any team on the bottom of the epl table and see how well that works out for them. But if you get too many men forward we all know Ronaldo is fast as hell and can blow past everyone.

Back on topic though. I don't know about Belgium. Say these lines to yourself. 'Belgium has won the world cup!' and if you can do it without laughing then go ahead and place the bet.
    worse post i have ever read on here

u clearly dont have a clue
    Points Awarded:

SarahPalin gave MakePwithMe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SarahPalin gave MakePwithMe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SarahPalin, and pavyracer

hurricane1091

Bro do you even soccer or what. Watch it happen and come beg for my forgiveness in a month son.

The penetrate did I say that was surprising to you. Said USA can get scored on 3+ by those teams. Said they can score two goals on them though. The penetrate is outlandish about that. Said we're not that fast and not that technical. penetrate bro tell me.
    Last edited by hurricane1091; 05-20-14 at 08:15 AM.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

So is the wonderkid Freddy Adu going to the World Cup?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

hurricane1091

Adu sucks.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

2010 was good for america because they played in a shitty group.

this year the group is much better.

i am surprised how low the total is against ghana, you would think that both teams would go all out for a win in that game.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

as for belgium you know that they will be tested in the round of 16 no matter what, they get to the quarters, it will probably be argentina, so good luck with that. the team has no real experience, but they could end up being a surprise.

as for korea, hong myung-bo is the new manager and he has no experience at a senior level. i think the climate will definitely play into the koreans hands, but this team was very poor in qualifying, losing to iran at home in the last game and still lucking into a spot. they have mixed results in friendlies since, beating greece on the road, but getting smacked around by mexico in san antonio. pay close attention to the friendly against ghana especially.

Monitor-Tan

as for belgium you know that they will be tested in the round of 16 no matter what, they get to the quarters, it will probably be argentina, so good luck with that. the team has no real experience, but they could end up being a surprise.

as for korea, hong myung-bo is the new manager and he has no experience at a senior level. i think the climate will definitely play into the koreans hands, but this team was very poor in qualifying, losing to iran at home in the last game and still lucking into a spot. they have mixed results in friendlies since, beating greece on the road, but getting smacked around by mexico in san antonio. pay close attention to the friendly against ghana especially.
    Hongs trying to utilize the same backfield from his previous success. He doesn't have that experiece as you stated but he knows what korea has to do to stay competitive. You can throw most of those friendlies and half of those qualifiers out the window. They didn't utilize anywhere near their WC roster, not as an excuse cuz they did play poorly in some of those games, but their midfield is EXTREMELY under the radar. When they used their near WC roster they went into Greece and beat then 2-0. Brazil's weather favors korea, they have the better stamina and the humid hot air is what korea likes. Belgium and Russia would have far harder time in that climate. They question is their finishers.. Korea has ALWAYS had problems with not having a world class finisher and Park Chu Young is mediocre at best...

Their midfield is really where it shines and goes extremely under the radar. Ki Sung Yeung is really good at set piece and he's got the big body to go against the bigger guys and has speed. Lee Chung Young, Kim Bo Kyung and Son Heung Min are all rising stars that has a chance to shine. Their backfield is questionable.. It's a wild card.. It can be great or it can be a head scratcher... Their goalie sucks period..

Korea needs a player like Lee Young Pyo. Full back that has an extremely good ball handing skills and pin point cross accuracy, and I feel they will miss a great counter attacking fullback and that's also a reason why they've struggled mightily.. Everyone talks about Park Ji Sung and he's got talent and he's good but, Lee Young Pyo was the man to set up a lot of those goals for korea with his pin point crosses...

They should match up nicely with Russia and should be a good game but I think they have a chance to squeeze out and steal a win.. They should beat Algeria.. They have high probability to tie with Belgium... +800, at one point was +900 gives a great opportunity to hedge in that group but I feel they are going to top that group and surprise..

Belgium has a lot of talent but playing with talent alone doesn't win WC. In international level, you're not playing with star studs around you, you are going to have guys who are a citizen of your country playing by your side who is less skilled, there's a much more limited pool of players who are able to play for your country. Seen plenty of times in WC where teams who should've finished out not even make it to the round of 8 and some not even make it out of group stages.. There are a handful of guys who can make players around you better, and it's those guys who help their country win the CUP. Not just regular talent. There's plenty of those to go around for each country.
    Points Awarded:

MakePwithMe gave Monitor-Tan 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MakePwithMe

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Think about it can you name three black countries that are World Cup power houses.Scratch that name me one.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 05-20-14 at 11:03 AM.

MakePwithMe

Hongs trying to utilize the same backfield from his previous success. He doesn't have that experiece as you stated but he knows what korea has to do to stay competitive. You can throw most of those friendlies and half of those qualifiers out the window. They didn't utilize anywhere near their WC roster, not as an excuse cuz they did play poorly in some of those games, but their midfield is EXTREMELY under the radar. When they used their near WC roster they went into Greece and beat then 2-0. Brazil's weather favors korea, they have the better stamina and the humid hot air is what korea likes. Belgium and Russia would have far harder time in that climate. They question is their finishers.. Korea has ALWAYS had problems with not having a world class finisher and Park Chu Young is mediocre at best...

Their midfield is really where it shines and goes extremely under the radar. Ki Sung Yeung is really good at set piece and he's got the big body to go against the bigger guys and has speed. Lee Chung Young, Kim Bo Kyung and Son Heung Min are all rising stars that has a chance to shine. Their backfield is questionable.. It's a wild card.. It can be great or it can be a head scratcher... Their goalie sucks period..

Korea needs a player like Lee Young Pyo. Full back that has an extremely good ball handing skills and pin point cross accuracy, and I feel they will miss a great counter attacking fullback and that's also a reason why they've struggled mightily.. Everyone talks about Park Ji Sung and he's got talent and he's good but, Lee Young Pyo was the man to set up a lot of those goals for korea with his pin point crosses...

They should match up nicely with Russia and should be a good game but I think they have a chance to squeeze out and steal a win.. They should beat Algeria.. They have high probability to tie with Belgium... +800, at one point was +900 gives a great opportunity to hedge in that group but I feel they are going to top that group and surprise..

Belgium has a lot of talent but playing with talent alone doesn't win WC. In international level, you're not playing with star studs around you, you are going to have guys who are a citizen of your country playing by your side who is less skilled, there's a much more limited pool of players who are able to play for your country. Seen plenty of times in WC where teams who should've finished out not even make it to the round of 8 and some not even make it out of group stages.. There are a handful of guys who can make players around you better, and it's those guys who help their country win the CUP. Not just regular talent. There's plenty of those to go around for each country.
    At last! Someone with some sense

Korea look the real deal, Lee Chung Young is not a rising star 25 imo but a very good footballer was once linked with Man Utd watched him live for Bolton & hes class.

You forgot about the main star Son is good yes but Ji Don-Won who is a fantastic player can't believe you forgot about him easily going to kill it under the radar will probz become top goal scorer for korea hes moving to dortmund aswell.

another ko ja-cheol who is very underated easily the main engine of the team, they have decent fullbacks the guy who plays for qpr is good but also the fullback at that german club watched him play online cuz i had a bet and he looks solid,

decent team nice price to see them advance topping the group we'll see but to advance easy money

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i do think korea to advance is a good price +175 on 5dimes. both belgium and russia could crash and burn, korea has way more WC experience, russia especially will have a tough time in brazil adjusting to the climate. algeria is probably going to get at least a point somewhere, they did draw england in 2010.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

i do think korea to advance is a good price +175 on 5dimes. both belgium and russia could crash and burn, korea has way more WC experience, russia especially will have a tough time in brazil adjusting to the climate. algeria is probably going to get at least a point somewhere, they did draw england in 2010.
    South Korea has called up quite a young team this time. Only 4-5 players of the current team were in the last World Cup squad so they are also a very inexperienced team too.

I have my doubts about the Koreans strikers to score. Park Chu-Young could have been playing at a higher level if he sign for Lille yet he made a stupid decision to join Arsenal. Only Son Heung Min of Leverkusen seems good.

As for Belgium, they probably have the best gk in the world now in Thibaut Courtois and also 1 of the best defender in Vincent Kompany. In the group stage, I believe teams will have problems scoring against them.
    Last edited by vasilli07; 05-20-14 at 10:18 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

USA has a lot of pure athletes and scrappy players along with great coaching but lack the technical skills that the super powers have throughout the squad

They are definitely getting better year after year though with all of the youth in the pipeline and are becoming more like the European sides especially with Klinsmann running things.....Hell even the MLS is light years ahead of where it was even 5 years ago

They are easily a better squad than they were in 2010 but they obviously have one of the toughest groups I've ever seen in a World Cup...

Overall they are not going to be confused with a Spain or Brazil but they can be a scary team for anyone in the world....They are in that 3rd tier of teams that can upset anyone but also could struggle against anyone....
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 05-20-14 at 10:34 PM.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Good post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Koreans and Japanese always have a chance of doing better than expected just because of their work-rate and stamina.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Think about it can you name three black countries that are World Cup power houses.Scratch that name me one.
    Ivory Coast.

Of they could play defense they would be legit.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Belgium will lose to argentina in the quarters. And even if they win they face spain next AND THEN BRAZIL...

First 123456 ... Last