GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

The One Bright Spot From This Jonathan Martin Story .....

for south Florida/Dolphin fan, is Jeff Ireland will finally get canned. This guy should have been gone a long, long time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

4-4

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

it is starting to look like he will be the scapegoat for this whole deal

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

also a distraction from how awful this team really is.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

**Cool story bro time

One year in camp we had this freshman who didn't do anything the Seniors & Upperclassmen "suggested". No hair cuts, no carrying lunch trays or shoulder pads, he didn't do shit. So one day he was getting dressed after practice in nothing but his jock strap and the O & D line came over and grabbed him, taped him to a bench and carried him to the corner of a busy intersection by the campus to let him sit there for about a half hour while cars were honking at him. Someone finally came up and cut him loose and made him walk back to the locker room in his jock strap.

I can't imagine the upheaval people would have if anyone did something like that today.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    4-4
    Look at Ireland's whole body of work, not just the break-even season so far, and get back to me about if this guy should keep is job or not; and this has nothing to do with this Martin thing.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    **Cool story bro time

One year in camp we had this freshman who didn't do anything the Seniors & Upperclassmen "suggested". No hair cuts, no carrying lunch trays or shoulder pads, he didn't do shit. So one day he was getting dressed after practice in nothing but his jock strap and the O & D line came over and grabbed him, taped him to a bench and carried him to the corner of a busy intersection by the campus to let him sit there for about a half hour while cars were honking at him. Someone finally came up and cut him loose and made him walk back to the locker room in his jock strap.

I can't imagine the upheaval people would have if anyone did something like that today.
    For both my basketball teams and football teams in high school, the seniors were allowed one day of hazing against the freshman on the team. Of course nothing viscous was allowed, but it was in a weird way considered a "good" thing to be hazed because it meant you were probably better than the other players your age. The guys that rode the bench never got hazed. That being said, it only takes one thing to go wrong before you're asked to stop hazing and there will always be that one person who takes it too far.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    **Cool story bro time

That's "fun"

I know of way worse. Way way worse. Like not a harmless prank like actually dangerous.

Jonathan Martin is a pussy.