Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

My official play in the Under 7 +105.

You & John Kelly think alike

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

I see all the money coming in on Boston. But same thing happened yesterday and look what happened. Generally I fade the money but wondering if I am getting bad info.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I just dont trust CY Lackey to come back again. Last game he pitched out of his mind. I think the cards jump on him.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mark Wegner behind the plate....+1 for Over

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Quote Originally Posted by matthew919 View Post
    There are ways to accurately evaluate pitching talent based on ~200 plate appearances. Based on my own metrics, Wacha is as good as he looks so far. The opener was slightly generous to the Cards- but there may have been an over-correction by the market, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more action on StL before game time. As for the "pressure" angle, you guys place way too much emphasis on that sort of thing. It's effect on performance is not supported by any kind of actual statistics.
    Tell that to Wainwright.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No it is true. He allowed six earned in his second career start vs. Arizona, four earned at Colorado and TWO earned or less in all his other starts. Everything else I posted is a matter of opinion so that's fine, but my factual numbers are correct.
    You never specified in your statement just games he started. You said "during the regular season" which clearly implies all the games he played in.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by matthew919 View Post
    IMO, not accurately predictable and measurable = not real. There's a reason why the trained animals who play/watch sports are so bad at betting on them- they assign far too much weight to emotional/psychological angles, supported by small sample sizes, recency effects, and confirmation bias. In other words, they're bad at math.
    Small sample sizes? You mean, like the people in here who think they can draw legit conclusions about a guy whose entire career consists of roughly 1/3 of a season?

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shooterman View Post
    Cardinal defense sucks incredibly bad. They looked like a JV team last night. I don't care who is pitching for them they looked completely outclassed. Lackey has been clutch all year even though there was a ton of offensive non support in games he pitched. Whichever surgeon did his Tommy John surgery is the guy I would get to do mine. Lackey is throwing better than ever. Sox will win tonight and St Louis will get even when Boston has to play without their DH and have to throw Mr Hyperactivity Peavy and fragile Bucholz.
    Uh, you do realize that the Cards lose their DH too, right?

tsboardr23
    tsboardr23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Just took the redsox -1 1/2 at +165.
    I do not think wacha is going to be able to live up to his hype and I think the redsox morale is going to be very important. Wacha throws hard and when the sox catch up to him there going to hit it hard.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

got +101

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    got +101
    Nice. I almost hit it when it peaked at like +114, but settled for the horrific number I locked in last night.

Oh well -- a win's a win. Great job pacocn!

pdubb86
    so short.. (life)
    pdubb86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    There is nothing tonight that showed you the Cards can win in Boston.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by shooterman View Post
    Cardinal defense sucks incredibly bad. They looked like a JV team last night. I don't care who is pitching for them they looked completely outclassed. Lackey has been clutch all year even though there was a ton of offensive non support in games he pitched. Whichever surgeon did his Tommy John surgery is the guy I would get to do mine. Lackey is throwing better than ever. Sox will win tonight and St Louis will get even when Boston has to play without their DH and have to throw Mr Hyperactivity Peavy and fragile Bucholz.
    how did sox d look tonight? so can we now say they are terrible? you dont get here by being terrible, bad gms happen, cards just picked a bad time to have one, still did what i said they would and got the split in bean town. now they will win 2 of 3 in stl and go back to fenway up 3-2, should be interesting after that..

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    If you like the Cardinals and think they'll even the series on Thursday, forget about the + number.

You're going to get a rookie starter in Fenway with the pressure of not falling behind 0-2....for -110.

I wanted to take St. Louis initially, but man, that's a shitty number.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

That rookie is a decent pitcher, huh?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

That rookie is a decent pitcher, huh?
    which one?

we got so many young stud arms it not even funny, well funny to us, not so much everyone else..cant wait till carlos martinez becomes a starter, that kid is pure filth...

First 123