Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Ralphie, as far as the Boise St game goes, I think the line reflects the fact that Southwick is out, or at least he was last I looked.

Had that game at roughly -3.5, but -7 is about right without Southwick.
    was just gonna post about Southwick. Broken ankle should be out for year.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

SMU Alot of people will bet against Temle.
    Furman already moved up 3 pts. so that was my first pick.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Thoughts on penn st getting 15 @ Ohio st??

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughts on Arizona -15.5 at Colorado???? Unless I am missing something, I see no reason why Arizona should not cover this easily.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Thoughts on Arizona -15.5 at Colorado???? Unless I am missing something, I see no reason why Arizona should not cover this easily.
    They should, doesn't mean they will.

I'm an Arizona homer, I think Arizona is around a 3 TD favorite over Colorado. Is the trip worth 5 points?

I have had a helluva time reading Arizona since Rich Rod got here.

QB is getting better each game. Doesn't turn the ball over. Only turnovers on the season where in the shit weather up in Washington.
    RB is a legit stud worth of a top pick - easy 1st rd talent. Is leading the nation in YPG. Would be leading the nation in total yards if he wasn't suspended for the first game of the year. He is looking to break records, and sign for millions.
    WR is suspect, is that our QB who has a problem with anything over the top, or do they just suck?
    Def is wildly improved from last year, better vs the pass than the run - but respectable in both. It's built to bend and not break, so CU could put up points with a legit kicker. Might be some injuries that would need to be checked into.

Things to look at then would be weather, CU's rush defense, and rush offense.

Bottom line, yes - they should cover easily, but it's a legit coin flip due to how bad this team looks at times. I'll post in this thread if I bet it.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I have Rutgers as slight favorites, -9 has to be adjusting to the letdown aspect.

Pitt v Navy is a PK - IMO, slightly favoring Pitt obviously - but not close to a full TD better.

Just using raw numbers, Stanford is favored by 4 pts too many. Going to be a fun game.

Feel like Nevada is not getting enough respect. Should be favored by 10, IMO.

I always like WKU more than I should, and my numbers are skewed as a result, because I have WKU as close to two TD better than troy this week.

My numbers have Hawai'i as 6.5 dogs at home. Vs. CSU. I have a hard time believing that. Lean Hawai'i, but not significantly.

The Arizona game seems right number wise. I have Arizona as 21 point favorites over Colorado, but traveling to CU is probably worth 5 points with this Arizona team. QB is getting better each week, RB is trying to set records, Coach wont be the reason we lose, defense is improved enough to play tough. If you're betting CU, it's a backdoor cover scenario.

My pick for this contest is Florida Atlantic. Feel Auburn should be 3 TD favorites max.
    AGree with NAVY that's my pick for contest

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    take a look at the weather for that game. not saying that's the reason, but if it's outdoor it may play a factor

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a pro but I wouldn't be surprised if UM vs Wake closed at 24.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Texas will be a big public dog this weekend. Tread carefully. As the board's resident TCU expert.... TCU has a Top 5 defense nationally based on efficiency metrics, yet their offense is terrible. They did demote their current OC after the OKlahoma State loss, so there will be a new play caller. Also keep in mind, TCU's 4 losses are all on the road to Top 25 teams, and were within 3 points in the 4th quarter in all the losses. So they have battled in their losses, just haven't been able to come up with a win. Maybe playing at home infront of an energized crowd against a big name team like Texas will turn it around for them.

EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Line move in Houston's direction due to matchup - RU hasn't shown can defend a spread offense with its young secondary. RU still has injuries also. Houston got good pressure on QB vs BYU and book on NOva is he panics under pressure, watches the rush,not his receivers....
    Play here could be over ,they might not set it high enough...i'll go over 55 and up, though suspect a 57

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by EzekielMowatt View Post
    Line move in Houston's direction due to matchup - RU hasn't shown can defend a spread offense with its young secondary. RU still has injuries also. Houston got good pressure on QB vs BYU and book on NOva is he panics under pressure, watches the rush,not his receivers....
    Play here could be over ,they might not set it high enough...i'll go over 55 and up, though suspect a 57
    solid point

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Keep an eye on Fluellen for Toledo.If he is out that should push the line BGs way more than it should.Hunt and Jones-Moore could be a pretty good 1-2 punch in their own right.Toledo has played a much tougher schedule so far while BG has padded its defensive stats against some so-so offenses.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

3 units on Fresno State -9 1/2 strongest play for me this weekend

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Texas will be a big public dog this weekend. Tread carefully. As the board's resident TCU expert.... TCU has a Top 5 defense nationally based on efficiency metrics, yet their offense is terrible. They did demote their current OC after the OKlahoma State loss, so there will be a new play caller. Also keep in mind, TCU's 4 losses are all on the road to Top 25 teams, and were within 3 points in the 4th quarter in all the losses. So they have battled in their losses, just haven't been able to come up with a win. Maybe playing at home infront of an energized crowd against a big name team like Texas will turn it around for them.
    They were never within 3 pts of OK ST after the 4 minute mark in the 1st quarter

I agree that TCU is worth a look this week though

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Uh, Blue didn't you read that he is the resident TCU expert. If he says they were within a FG in the 4th of every game this season then they were. Guy isn't about to embarrass himself on these boards with his constant TCU talk if he wasn't 100% sure on that.
    Points Awarded:

GoBlue23 gave greenhippo 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

Nebraska game is my pick and my play of the week I bought it to -10 though but they will absolutely thump the Gophers. Huge talent gap and you can disregard the win against Northwestern. Injuries were and are huge for the Northwestern offense.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like the nebraska game a lot. I think the Clemson -13.5 Maryland is an even stronger pick though.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Uh, Blue didn't you read that he is the resident TCU expert. If he says they were within a FG in the 4th of every game this season then they were. Guy isn't about to embarrass himself on these boards with his constant TCU talk if he wasn't 100% sure on that.

How stupid of me

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Idk much about guessing the line movement, but why has Ball State gone down 2 points at Akron?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Good lookin out on the Southwick injury fellas. Makes a lot more sense now.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

seems like a good spot for washington to dismantle the pac 12 punching bag cal

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Idk much about guessing the line movement, but why has Ball State gone down 2 points at Akron?

I was thinking that too.That is one of the games that jumped out at me as the line should be Ball State -13 but it opened lower and is going Akrons way.If it keeps going that way I would think something is fishy.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Good lookin out on the Southwick injury fellas. Makes a lot more sense now.
    This is what the threads for

erichog
    erichog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Agree

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by curtrambus View Post
    Nebraska game is my pick and my play of the week I bought it to -10 though but they will absolutely thump the Gophers. Huge talent gap and you can disregard the win against Northwestern. Injuries were and are huge for the Northwestern offense.

Nebraska all day....they can't beat the big boys but Bo takes care of the scrubs as well as anyone....and Minn can't throw the ball to save their life.

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

I'd much rather have Martinez sit this week also. I locked in the bet a while ago but I'm hoping Armstrong starts.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I was thinking that too.That is one of the games that jumped out at me as the line should be Ball State -13 but it opened lower and is going Akrons way.If it keeps going that way I would think something is fishy.
    Yeah I may stay away...damn vegas line mind games

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Damn thought for sure Nebraska would fly up. Did catch a nice one 'I hope" with TSA-3 'bought hook". over Uab.. up to 7 now.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I am struggling to find plays I really like this week.

Rutgers is in a great spot
    Louisville/USF should be low scoring but the 46.5 opener is a 9 points less than I was hoping for
    Tulane as a home dog, boggles my mind.
    The Big 12 dogs (Iowa St & Texas Tech look live, but just not in love with 'em)
    Va Tech/Duke should go over (Strong Lean)
    Nevada should roll (strong lean)
    Is Mizzouri gonna win 3 in row against that competition?
    UCF/Uconn should be low scoring as well (strong lean)

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

30-14 + 24.51 units YTD

UL/USF u 46.5 1x
    UCONN/UCF u 52.5 1x
    Navy +6.5 1x
    DUKE/VA TECH O 47.5 1x
    Illinois +10 2x
    Nevada -6 2x

Going to be a light, low risk week for me.

FINAL CARD MOST LIKELY
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 10-23-13 at 12:50 PM.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    30-14 + 24.51 units YTD

UL/USF u 46.5 1x
    DUKE/VA TECH O 47.5 1x
    UCONN/UCF u 52.5 1x
    Nevada -6 2x

Going to be a light, low risk week for me.
    Good to see you on Nevada as well!

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Like that Illinois play. Lean to Navy too.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Nice Lkid got Nevada also. Going to jump on the Duke over with ya! GL!
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave Noles1992 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jimjones0320
    jimjones0320's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

new member here.....thanks for all your hard work. I've watched for a while and you do an awesome job.

747planes
    [Too Long]
    747planes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 334

Louisvillekid, do you have any word on the qb for kent....is he back this week? And what about their punter/kicker?

I am looking at this game only because rudy posted kent as the play. I used tail rudy blindly back when he was legit but now he has lost all his credibility.

First 12345 Last