seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Is +130 going to be as good as it gets for a Cardinals series win?

I am looking for the best odds on the Cards. Post if you see better. Thanks

pdubb86
    so short.. (life)
    pdubb86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Yeah, are you kidding me?

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by pdubb86 View Post
    Yeah, are you kidding me?
    Public will always favor AL, because every statistic for batting looks better in the AL with the DH and AL has more public teams. Cardinals are the better team. They have way better pitching and also have hotter (better) hitters than either AL team.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I would hate to wait for the cards to win game 1.

pdubb86
    so short.. (life)

+125 here mate only expect it to drop at this point although I can appreciate your question, hence Cardinals if they lose first game, I can see Boston being up on series at some point and this having more value, but people should know including the books that its a well worth matchup.
    Last edited by pdubb86; 10-21-13 at 07:39 AM.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i took the red sox at 4.5 -1 before post season. i took cardinals for a smaller amount also somewhere in middle of post season at 3.5-1. so i win more if the red sox win the series, but im thinking of just betting the cards at +120 so its guaranteed the same amount either way it goes.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

series bets are for suckers, play it game by game

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    series bets are for suckers, play it game by game
    Lose all 7 games of the series then who's the sucker? If it were that easy there would be no series prices. You try it your way and I'll try it mine. Bet all of the games Grand wizard.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I meant spot betting, not bet every game. Plus there isn't 7 games to lose if you're leaning toward one team.

here's why series bets are stupid

If your team wins game 1, you were better off just betting game 1 instead of having to sweat the rest of the series. If your team loses Game 1, you were better off waiting for the adjusted series price after the game 1 loss.

Take The Tigers-Sox Series for Example. People who bet Detroit game 1 instead of series won

People who bet Sox Series @+180 after game 1 instead of the -125 at the beginning won more money. And People who Spot bet the Sox Game 2 and Game 3 won even more than both of those series bets.

It's a lose-lose Prop, compared to spot betting.

The only exception would be if you like somebody that is something like +1000 for the series, and you won't get that price for an individual game.
    Last edited by BettingWizard; 10-21-13 at 03:54 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I should have pounded the +130, the best I could do today was cards +117. Damn.

Eejit
    Eejit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5943

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    I should have pounded the +130, the best I could do today was cards +117. Damn.
    5D has +130 right now

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I would hate to wait for the cards to win game 1.
    wait til they lose game 1 then hammer

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

I meant spot betting, not bet every game. Plus there isn't 7 games to lose if you're leaning toward one team.

If your team wins game 1, you were better off just betting game 1 instead of having to sweat the rest of the series. If your team loses Game 1, you were better off waiting for the adjusted series price after the game 1 loss.

Take The Tigers-Sox Series for Example. People who bet Detroit game 1 instead of series won

People who bet Sox Series @+180 after game 1 instead of the -125 at the beginning won more money. And People who Spot bet the Sox Game 2 and Game 3 won even more than both of those series bets.

The only exception would be if you like somebody that is something like +1000 for the series, and you won't get that price for an individual game.
    I took sox for the series and have -135. Winning game 1 has me feeling mighty nice though. I may take them SU tmrw. Wasn't to sure if they would actually win vs Wainwright. Wacha is a different monster, however, Sox bats tonight are very convincing. Wacha will be tested thats for sure!

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

I have STL +240 now

pdubb86
    so short.. (life)

He was talking pre-series.
    Likewise I put more at +195 just to hedge since series is now tied.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I've said this before and I'll say it again - this is horrid, horrid logic coming from someone who claims to be sharp.

A series bet is meant for when you think a team is better than the other and will prevail over the 5 or 7 games or whatever it is. You don't know if they'll win game 1 or any individual game for that matter, you just feel that in the end they'll come out on top. You aren't particularly sold on betting on game 1 but aren't either ready to take the risk that team wins 1 consequently losing the value.

To put it into perspective, your "logic" also insinuates full game bets in say, tennis are stupid. If you bet the match instead of the 1st set and your player wins the 1st set then loses, you were better off just betting the 1st set. If they lose the first set and go on to win, then you were better off waiting to live bet after the first set. Yeah, great logic.

Seto

The point is - betting game by game (spot betting) or betting the series are 2 different things that can both present advantages depending on your take on the series. Sometimes one has a feel for how the whole thing is going to go right awat. Sometimes one feels more comfortable reacting to individual games and spot betting a particular game later in the series.

Seto

Lose all 7 games of the series then who's the sucker? If it were that easy there would be no series prices. You try it your way and I'll try it mine. Bet all of the games Grand wizard.
    This guy has not been the same since he lost all his guarantees on okc v miami in the 2012 finals. I used to think he was sharp too.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    This guy has not been the same since he lost all his guarantees on okc v miami in the 2012 finals. I used to think he was sharp too.

Wrong guy buddy. I went huge on the heat.

Seto

Wrong guy buddy. I went huge on the heat.
    I was obviously talking about Bettingwizard. He is the only guy I'm bashing here. Have no problems with you.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I was obviously talking about Bettingwizard. He is the only guy I'm bashing here. Have no problems with you.
    My bad. Continue. Sweep the leg.

Seto

My bad. Continue. Sweep the leg.
    I pretty much made my point. Curious to see what he has to answer. I told him the exact same thing during the NBA playoffs and he vainshed from the thread.

Maybe there is something I'm not seeing here that he can teach me. However I doubt it. Just curious to see an answer.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Too much papi

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

+340 at 5dimes I took it last night and hoping for a cards win tonight. If they win tonight I hedge tomorrow and win some easy money. Only way I can lose money is if the cards lose tonight.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Cards up 2-1 and then lose 3 straight. Damn