easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Their are 4 teams that realistically have a chance of winning the super bowl

New England Patriots-You can never count this team out. Brady is winning games with a bunch of nobodies. If they are fully healthy going into the playoffs they have a good chance of beating Denver even if its on the road.

Denver Broncos-As good as they are offensively their simply not stopping anyone on defense. As long as they win the division over the Chiefs they are a lock to play in the AFC championship game as long as they don't face the Pats in the divisional round.

New Orleans Saints
    -the offense has always been great and a defense that is perhaps the best they've had with Brees. They will win the division and will likely get a first round bye as well. As long as they don't have to play Seattle on the road in the playoffs I simply do not see a team that can beat them.

San Francisco 49ers
    - They have not looked as impressive to start the season and their definitely lacking the explosiveness on offense they had last year however I still think as long as they get into the playoffs they will be fine. The biggest question mark here is Frank Gore. He is 30 and its crucial that he stays healthy into the playoffs. Kaepernick has shown that he can make plays when he needs to last season and they have been improving from week to week this season. The defense has looked susceptible and giving up big plays however as the defending NFC champions they deserve to be on this list.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think we might've seen the Super Bowl preview game yesterday.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Denver vs San Francisco in the Superbowl

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Seattle. Green Bay a long shot.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Dallas gets hot and Romo plays well do not rule them out
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: l7ustin

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Saints - Broncos

Book it now!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Steelers vs Cowboys

book it

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Packers are better than the Saints anyway, especially on the road.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Still no love for Seattle? San Frans defense is suspect this year and kaep ain't playing all that great. They can be had at home or on the road.

Green bay should take the north and are DOMINANT at home.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Packers are better than the Saints anyway, especially on the road.
    I think they have lost two starting WR's this week. If they are healthy in December they have a chance too.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Still no love for Seattle? San Frans defense is suspect this year and kaep ain't playing all that great. They can be had at home or on the road.

Green bay should take the north and are DOMINANT at home.
    If Seahawks have to travel to Green Bay or New Orleans in the playoffs they have no chance. Only way for them to go to the Superbowl is to win home field throughout playoffs.

easyliving

teams that look like contenders but do not have a chance of winning the superbowl

Indianapolis Colts
    - 2nd year quarterback, would need to win at least 1 road game maybe even 2 to get to SB, do not see them beating Broncos or the Pats on the road

Kansas City Chiefs
    -In the same division as Broncos, unless they win the division and get home field advantage in both games with the bye they have no chance.

Green Bay Packers
    -suspect defense, tough division, even though their running game has looked alot better their not winning a playoff road game.

Seattle Seahawks
    -2nd year quarterback and a team that can lose to any playoff team on the road. Even if they got homefield throughout playoffs and get to superbowl I do not give them a chance of winning against the AFC champion in a neutral field in an open stadium

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

the winner of the next seattle-SF game will then win the NFC

broncos in the AFC

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Kansas City doesn't need home filed to beat the Broncos. Denver is not that far from Kansas City and they both play in open air stadiums with similar climate in the winter.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Kansas City doesn't need home filed to beat the Broncos. Denver is not that far from Kansas City and they both play in open air stadiums with similar climate in the winter.
    the thing with KC is even though their run game is solid and their defense has looked great we have not seen them play from behind yet. I am not sold on them until I see them trailing in a game against a good team and Alex Smith needs to make the big throw to win the game. You look at their schedule and they haven't really played anybody yet. Their most impressive win was against the Eagles on the road with Vick throwing 2 interceptions.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    the thing with KC is even though their run game is solid and their defense has looked great we have not seen them play from behind yet. I am not sold on them until I see them trailing in a game against a good team and Alex Smith needs to make the big throw to win the game. You look at their schedule and they haven't really played anybody yet. Their most impressive win was against the Eagles on the road with Vick throwing 2 interceptions.
    agree...love owning charles in fantasy...been a godsend......but they need more of a consistent passing game....he needs to start clicking with bowe and avery on a weekly basis.....

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    I wasn't saying that Kansas City will beat the Broncos. Just saying that playing Broncos in Denver will be the same as playing them in Kansas City. They always play Broncos tough in Denver.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

the pats...well they still need alot of things to go well....they need talib healthy first and foremost.....i still worry they are too thin up front on defense....but if they could get a healthy gronk back at some point soon....vereen is able to come back and settle into the role it looked like he was going to have in week 1.....amendola can stay in one piece...i think they have an outside shot....but that all needs to come together

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

If Seattle gets homefield I say they are getting to the superbowl, winning it is another story. But that defense will keep them in every game they play all year. Marshawn Lynch is unstoppable, best back in the league by far.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

If Seattle gets home filed throughout it would take a hercules type performance from the 49ers to beat them. Its strictly between those 2. The Saints were pathetic yesterday against an average at best Patriots team. No winning instinct.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

so happy to see this

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Niners vs Raiders

Vinnie Paz

Don't think lynch is the best backk in NFL "by far", but that's adifferent argument.

Besides Denver, who in the AFC is honestly legit? (And I'm not even sold on them). Pats yeah but their Wrs aren't good and that saints d line rocked Brady all game. Wilfork is out and now talib?

If Ciwin the north, can you really trust ginger or lewis down the stretch? And if not does Baltimore have the horses to compete?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

these threads always make me laugh.

how many people would've had the ravens as super bowl champs last year (especially after they lost 4 of their last 5 games and were 10-6)?

the year before that, how many people would've had the giants (especially after they were 7-7 with 2 games left)?

so why don't we all just admit that we don't have a fukking clue who is going to win the super bowl this year. not a fukking clue.

i don't care if seattle goes on the road, i don't care if the packers go on the road, there are plenty of super bowl champs recently that played every playoff game on the road.
    Points Awarded:

face gave milwaukee mike 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jayc88 gave milwaukee mike 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vinnie Paz

Mike fukk you been at homey?? That avril bitch keeping you busy, huh??

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

any team with a .500 record or above and a white QB have a chance right now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

The ONLY way I'd take New England to win the SB is if I was getting 40-1 or better. This Pats team isn't that good, Brady is the most over rated QB or athlete to ever play professional sports (not saying he's not good, because he is, but he's no where near the top 5 QB's ever). He needed elite defenses, tuck rules, last second field goals, spygate, etc. to win. Since those things ceased to exist, the Pats have 0 rings, and more losses in the playoffs than wins. New England has been the luckiest team in football this year, and has no business being 5-1. Peyton Manning is a real life wizard, and I just don't see how anyone can not consider him the best ever. He brought a Colts team to the playoffs and 12+ wins almost every season, and he usually had a bad defense. If people were to dig deeper, they'd realize Brady never plays well against elite competition, and although Manning has made some bad plays in the playoffs, he never had the teams or even close to the defense the Pats had. Since spygate he's done absolutely nothing, and I'm sure that a lot of QB's could pull off wins when you've taped your opponents practices and know their EXACT game plan for you.

Placing a wager on the Pats to win the SB is simply a bad one, especially at the odds you'll get for it. The Pats have no business being ranked in the top 4 with those teams, Seattle and KC are both much better teams than the Pats.

IMO the following teams are better than the Pats.

Denver, New Orleans, San Francisco, Seattle, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Green Bay, and their are a few more that or on the fence or just missed the cut up to this point. My point being, there are teams that are far more balanced than the Pats, and they've been extremely fortunate so far this season.

Yesterday they won against a good team at home, although it took a last second miracle to do it. Once again, the story of the Patriots is they're 1-1 against teams that are good, and go 4-0 against 4 of the worst teams in the league. In fact, 3 of the 6 games they've played have been against the bottom 5 teams in the league, and again 2 of those they squeaked out. This team could easily be 2-4 or 3-3, but they've been on the right side of the bounces so far.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

too bad not of those will win the superbowl because seattle will

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

In the NFC, it's a race for home field. Nobody wants to go to Seattle or New Orleans in the playoffs.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    The ONLY way I'd take New England to win the SB is if I was getting 40-1 or better. This Pats team isn't that good, Brady is the most over rated QB or athlete to ever play professional sports (not saying he's not good, because he is, but he's no where near the top 5 QB's ever). He needed elite defenses, tuck rules, last second field goals, spygate, etc. to win. Since those things ceased to exist, the Pats have 0 rings, and more losses in the playoffs than wins. New England has been the luckiest team in football this year, and has no business being 5-1. Peyton Manning is a real life wizard, and I just don't see how anyone can not consider him the best ever. He brought a Colts team to the playoffs and 12+ wins almost every season, and he usually had a bad defense. If people were to dig deeper, they'd realize Brady never plays well against elite competition, and although Manning has made some bad plays in the playoffs, he never had the teams or even close to the defense the Pats had. Since spygate he's done absolutely nothing, and I'm sure that a lot of QB's could pull off wins when you've taped your opponents practices and know their EXACT game plan for you.

Placing a wager on the Pats to win the SB is simply a bad one, especially at the odds you'll get for it. The Pats have no business being ranked in the top 4 with those teams, Seattle and KC are both much better teams than the Pats.

Denver, New Orleans, San Francisco, Seattle, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Green Bay, and their are a few more that or on the fence or just missed the cut up to this point. My point being, there are teams that are far more balanced than the Pats, and they've been extremely fortunate so far this season.

Yesterday they won against a good team at home, although it took a last second miracle to do it. Once again, the story of the Patriots is they're 1-1 against teams that are good, and go 4-0 against 4 of the worst teams in the league. In fact, 3 of the 6 games they've played have been against the bottom 5 teams in the league, and again 2 of those they squeaked out. This team could easily be 2-4 or 3-3, but they've been on the right side of the bounces so far.
    you do realize that post spygate brady took a team to the brink of the unthinkable...19-0....he lost on what was pretty close to a miracle(and brady was injured for that superbowl...the guy was in a boot leading up to it but of course he wasnt missing that game)...then he missed a year....went to another superbowl that he could have won....been to an afc championship game......i know that most expect him to win every game he plays or else its a knock on him....this is all post spygate.....it would be nice for him to win every big game he plays in but its tough in todays nfl.....so whatever....brady sucks i get it

say what you want about the schedule so far...or how theyve eeked out wins....hes 5-1 right now without vereen, gronk, hernandez, amendola(if u wanna throw him in there)...an undrafted rookie, a 2nd rounder with the drops and still learning the offense by fire, and edleman...and a rb by commitee
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 10-14-13 at 02:04 PM.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Not trying to be a homer here, but if Seattle gets home field they probably go to the superbowl.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Speedy, I agree 100%. I think winning the NFC this year is absolutely critical. I don't see anyone going into Seattle, San Fran or New Orleans winning playoff games this year.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

49ers lol

Kansas City/Seattle is your super bowl....

Said it months ago...

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Speedy, I agree 100%. I think winning the NFC this year is absolutely critical. I don't see anyone going into Seattle, San Fran or New Orleans winning playoff games this year.
    people say that same nonsense every year. and do you know how many times out of the last 6 years the nfc team with home field advantage went to the super bowl? ONE, and that took an overtime victory by the saints...

theangryelf
    theangryelf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post

You do know that before spygate happened...that most teams pulled the same crap. There was no rule against observing another team's practice. When Mangini left New England, he made a big stink about it because quite frankly he was bitter about leaving New England and wanted nothing more to stick it to Bill. Not to mention you are an idiot to think that Brady is the most overrated athlete in professional sports. You are also discredited by saying that the Chiefs are IYO better than the Pats, they have had the easiest sched in the NFL thus far this year and have hardly been tested by any means.

1234 Last