LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

How did I miss this? (Matt Flynn)

Matt Flynn was released by the Raiders? Are they on the hook for that mega-million contract he signed? Way I found out was he is working out for Bills, apparently Thaddeus Lewis injured his foot today and was in a walking boot after the game.

YungCiroq
    YungCiroq's Avatar Become A Pro!

What difference does it make he (Flynn) is trash, automatic FADE

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Asleep at the switch

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by YungCiroq View Post
    What difference does it make he (Flynn) is trash, automatic FADE
    No doubt, I often joked he had the best job in all of sports, parlaying one big game in his last in Green Bay with starters resting into that humongous contract two years ago and not starting a game since until two weeks ago. I just didn't think Raiders could outright release him and was curious if they have to pay him.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oakland paid Flynn more than $6.5 million this season and released him after one losing start.
    Don't believe they owe him a dime though from this point.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9788821/schefter-blitz-matt-flynn-cashes-cba-loophole

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

LT where ya been?
    Happened right after Raiders beat Chargers

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No doubt, I often joked he had the best job in all of sports, parlaying one big game in his last in Green Bay with starters resting into that humongous contract two years ago and not starting a game since until two weeks ago. I just didn't think Raiders could outright release him and was curious if they have to pay him.

Can't remember if Detroit was fighting to get in or just playing for homefield in the wildcard but they weren't resting anyone....I was on them and I remember. Flynn was hot and it paid off for him.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Can't remember if Detroit was fighting to get in or just playing for homefield in the wildcard but they weren't resting anyone....I was on them and I remember. Flynn was hot and it paid off for him.
    Green Bays starters were resting.

LT Profits

I meant Packers resting, which was the reason he was playing.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

that game cost me a lot of money. All Detroit had to do was win outright. Bitches gave up 50 points to the backup qb in bad weather with most starters resting and nothing to play for.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Well, Flynn already got his money plus whatever he can get from any other team.

Oakland paid Flynn more than $6.5 million this season and released him...he now has the chance to double dip and keep whatever salary another team that signs him is willing to offer.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

all because of 1 great game.

at least scott mitchell earned his pay check.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    all because of 1 great game.

at least scott mitchell earned his pay check.
    Nobody remembers Scott Mitchell, use Matt Cassel instead to make your point.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Nobody remembers Scott Mitchell, use Matt Cassel instead to make your point.
    cassel started 15 games for the patriots and put up some great numbers. hardly a 1 game wonder.

slacker00

cassel started 15 games for the patriots and put up some great numbers. hardly a 1 game wonder.
    Scott Mitchell started 7 games for Miami when Marino went down. He had more than 1 game on his resume.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    kind of a dishonest point by Shefter in that article. Flynn wasn't making money based on a rookie deal like the guys he was comparing him to, Flynn signed an out and out free agent deal.

But the Raiders don't own him anymore than the part of this years deal that was guaranteed, future years are voided and any signing bonus owed is on Seattle's books

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    kind of a dishonest point by Shefter in that article. Flynn wasn't making money based on a rookie deal like the guys he was comparing him to, Flynn signed an out and out free agent deal.

But the Raiders don't own him anymore than the part of this years deal that was guaranteed, future years are voided and any signing bonus owed is on Seattle's books
    Yeah, I didn't understand why he was comparing Flynn to the rookies except to magnify how much of a bust he was.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Scott Mitchell started 7 games for Miami when Marino went down. He had more than 1 game on his resume.
    flynn started more than 1 game also. but it was his amazing performance vs. lions that got him that ridiculous contract.

mitchell's performance vs. kc (344yds 3 tds) was also that 1 game where he impressed a lot of gms.

cassel wasn't like either since he was pretty much the starter for the entire season and had many great games.

slacker00

flynn started more than 1 game also. but it was his amazing performance vs. lions that got him that ridiculous contract.

mitchell's performance vs. kc (344yds 3 tds) was also that 1 game where he impressed a lot of gms.

cassel wasn't like either since he was pretty much the starter for the entire season and had many great games.
    Ok, I'll concede that Cassel had several decent games, but so did Mitchell and Flynn played decent enough in both of his starts. How about Matt Schaub? He had a less convincing resume with ATL than any of the above names.

LT Profits

Lewis only has a mild foot strain so don't know if Bills want to take a chance on Flynn now.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Lewis only has a mild foot strain so don't know if Bills want to take a chance on Flynn now.
    I wonder how much money Flynn wants. After getting millions guaranteed, can Flynn go back to the NFL minimum?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

He'll end up getting signed have a few solid outings and get a nice extension

then gets beat out by Brett Hundley in preseason

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Bills signed him

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Matt Flynn will be the first QB to get paychecks from 3 different teams in less than 6 months. Teams are that stupid and desperate.

slacker00

Flynn holds the clip board for yet another young black QB. What's next after BUF? NYJ?