DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    if pete carroll doesnt make a boneheaded call on 4th down or the dumb personal foul on sc player we wouldnt be talking about young either.
    You don't know more than Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll is one of the best coaches in football. There are dumb fouls in most games and you cannot pick that as a reason a team lost a shootout. Young won his games on offense and Newton relied on his defense to win games. Newton doesn't have a great defense he doesn't beat Clemson, Oregon, or Alabama.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    It is college football you can beat teams with your legs. Vince Young burned them through the air earlier that game that is why they started to guard the WRs. Vince Young was 30/40 that game for a 75% completion percentage for a average of 6.7 yards a throw. He did a lot of throwing that game. Vince Young was a better runner than Manziel and was a great college passer. Manziel will be a better pro than Vince Young, but Young had the best college football season ever.
    young was not the accurate passer that manziel is. youngs first 2 seasons were under 60% and best was 65%.. manziel was 68% last season and over 71% this season.

vy was a diff runner. he ran over people cause he was big and strong. manziel runs around and by people cause hes not as big.

cam newton had the best college season. 4000 total yds, 49 tds (1400 rushing & 20tds). vy had 4000 also but just 38 tds.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

You don't know more than Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll is one of the best coaches in football. There are dumb fouls in most games and you cannot pick that as a reason a team lost a shootout. Young won his games on offense and Newton relied on his defense to win games. Newton doesn't have a great defense he doesn't beat Clemson, Oregon, or Alabama.
    so pete never makes a mistake? running the ball up the gut on 4th down with white when u got bush who killed texas with his speed was a boneheaded mistake. punting the ball wouldve been better.

u keep saying cam got help but what about young? if texas d doesnt stop usc on 4th down it wouldve been all over!

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    young was not the accurate passer that manziel is. youngs first 2 seasons were under 60% and best was 65%.. manziel was 68% last season and over 71% this season.

vy was a diff runner. he ran over people cause he was big and strong. manziel runs around and by people cause hes not as big.

cam newton had the best college season. 4000 total yds, 49 tds (1400 rushing & 20tds). vy had 4000 also but just 38 tds.
    I never said Young was a better passer than Manziel, I said Young was a great college passer. Cam Newton put up stats on bad teams the same way RGIII did and Brownwater is doing.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The entire board is on Ole Miss.

You could breathe now.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

It is college football you can beat teams with your legs. Vince Young burned them through the air earlier that game that is why they started to guard the WRs. Vince Young was 30/40 that game for a 75% completion percentage for a average of 6.7 yards a throw. He did a lot of throwing that game. Vince Young was a better runner than Manziel and was a great college passer. Manziel will be a better pro than Vince Young, but Young had the best college football season ever.

6.7 yards per att is nothing to brag about. Great passer is a stretch.

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    6.7 yards per att is nothing to brag about. Great passer is a stretch.
    30/40 for 75% completion and 6.7 yards per attempt is something to brag about when you also run for 200 yards for 19 attempts for a combined 467 yards total for Vince Young. Peyton Manning throughout his career has lots of games that go about 30/40 for a 75% completion for about 7 yards per attempt. Nobody complains. Also Vince Young 2005 season (2006 BCS Championship season) averaged 9.3 yards per attempt and Manziel only averaged 8.5 yards per attempt last year. Not saying he is a better passer than Manziel, but Vince Young was a great college passer. Vince Young had the best college football season ever.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You could breathe now.
    Yeah, LOL. I was just waiting for JF to break loose and score a TD for A&M to win by 7 (I had 6.5).

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

NoCoin ... did you watch the game?

The last running play before the winning FG was one mis-tackle from being a TD

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    NoCoin ... did you watch the game?

The last running play before the winning FG was one mis-tackle from being a TD
    Yep. I had that "here we go again" feeling.

When JF is on the field, it seems like there are no defenders out there.

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yep. I had that "here we go again" feeling.

When JF is on the field, it seems like there are no defenders out there.
    You must of had a lot of money on the game I called it when Ole Miss had 3:07 seconds left with one timeout that it was going to be a 3 point Texas A&M win, Ole Miss Win, or OT. Some idiots who had Texas A&M were cheering when JF got in FG range. You wanted A&M to be stopped before FG range, because otherwise the game was ending with Texas A&M winning by 3. I never felt like Texas A&M was going to win by 7.

First 123