No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    why do you suppose SC ratings were FAR higher when patrick and olbermann were the hosts? the show was hilarious back then
    It wasn't "hilarious." It was just slightly more entertaining than it used to be because they found a way to spruce up the highlights. They were doing something new and fresh that hadn't really been done before (other than Van Earl Wright at CNN), and then it started to go too far and has been that way ever since.

Problem is, it opened the floodgates for anchors who thought people tuned in to SportsCenter for the personalities -- which has led to its demise.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Has he been that bad? I don't pay attention to their studio show even when it's on my TV.

I saw one half episode of his ESPN show and it seemed very preachy. Like he was lecturing the audience.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some sharps up in here bo, none of em watching sports shows. Straight classical music and firing in parlays.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Has he been that bad? I don't pay attention to their studio show even when it's on my TV.

I saw one half episode of his ESPN show and it seemed very preachy. Like he was lecturing the audience.
    To be honest, I've seen probably 3 total minutes of his show since it's reappeared on ESPN and I saw a few seconds of him last night. It was more than enough -- let me just put it that way.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Some sharps up in here bo, none of em watching sports shows. Straight classical music and firing in parlays.
    I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this given my anti-ESPN/sports talk/sports personality rants, but I actually do like Colin Cowherd believe it or not.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

How can you not like In the Herd if you watch any ESPN? Guy knows his shit and isn't a blowhard.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this given my anti-ESPN/sports talk/sports personality rants, but I actually do like Colin Cowherd believe it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    How can you not like In the Herd if you watch any ESPN? Guy knows his shit and isn't a blowhard.
    Beat you to it, hippo. He is the one -- and only -- ESPN exception for me.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Overrated like Betislands and Die Hard 4.0 in my opinion. Nice job on picks so he got some interweb cred.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It wasn't "hilarious." It was just slightly more entertaining than it used to be because they found a way to spruce up the highlights. They were doing something new and fresh that hadn't really been done before (other than Van Earl Wright at CNN), and then it started to go too far and has been that way ever since.

Problem is, it opened the floodgates for anchors who thought people tuned in to SportsCenter for the personalities -- which has led to its demise.
    Like I said that's not his or Patricks fault just like my SNL analogy

Bottom line is that espn blows donkeys aside from games and 30 for 30s

Has nothing to do with olbermann and Patrick.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Like I said that's not his or Patricks fault just like my SNL analogy

Bottom line is that espn blows donkeys aside from games and 30 for 30s

Has nothing to do with olbermann and Patrick.
    While I agree re: ESPN, bringing the 1995 version of Olbermann back with the exact same schtick isn't exactly going to boost ratings. Re-invent yourself for chrissakes.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

This is 2013. You have the Internet, Internet tv, dvr, iPhones etc etc. If you don't watch it then good...why a thread to bitch about it?

So olby sucks...Who doesn't suck outside of Cowherd or Kinney and a handful of others.

For the love of god coiner move the fukk out of Cleveland. It's sunny out here.

I mean every single thing on the radio sucks always. So I don't listen to it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Stuart Scott - terrible, saying boo yao on every play was cool for white kids in middle school back in 1998 but thats all he's worth.

Mike and Mike - terrible

PTI - terrible

Around the horn -terrible, especially that white guy who notes every error.

Sportscenter - terrible

Baseball Tonight -terrible, although I do like Pedro Martinez for whatever reason and I loved Harold Reynolds when he was there. Gammons veiny turkey gobbler is annoying to look at but he knows everything.
    Pedro = can't help but love him

I'm also sure he could step out and go 6 and give up 2 or less at any given time

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He was on a couple of years ago and I hated him to death, was glad not to hear him talk.
    Why is he coming back on? I promise i will change the channel everytime he is on; no matter if I'm at the my friends house or the bar, that channel will be changed.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Does he still sport that leather jacket circa espn2 launch 1994?

That was cool and edgy, like the extreme sports espn2 touted.

First 12