Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I dont see anything wrong with what Leyland's doing? He recongized some struggles, tinkered with his lineup, and it worked out beautfully last night. Maybe Matheny should take a page out of Leyland's book. Sure the Cards are still ahead, but Matheny needs to make some changes before the Cards go down as 3-1 up choke in 2013.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

If you don't live here you have no idea how bad Leyland is to some extent. Him managing that game 2 against Boston like it was a one run game was just 1 of many blunders he has made since he has been here. His third base coaches consistently suck too and he doesn't care because they are his friends. Especially Gene Lamont when he was the third base coach but the current one might even be worse. Leyland is rude as shit to the media when he feels like it. They are actually pretty nice to him too. I could go on and on but its not worth it. With all that being said I still like him as the manager because it's apparent the players love him and play hard for him.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Ya it could be worse Brutus......you could have John Gibbons as your manager. A pompous a$$, and lost the locker room by May.
    Don't understand why The Jays would give this guy a second go around, when his first was a miserable failure.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    If you don't live here you have no idea how bad Leyland is to some extent. Him managing that game 2 against Boston like it was a one run game was just 1 of many blunders he has made since he has been here. His third base coaches consistently suck too and he doesn't care because they are his friends. Especially Gene Lamont when he was the third base coach but the current one might even be worse. Leyland is rude as shit to the media when he feels like it. They are actually pretty nice to him too. I could go on and on but its not worth it. With all that being said I still like him as the manager because it's apparent the players love him and play hard for him.
    there isnt one reason to fire him in here other than "you have to live here to know" which is a pretty shitty reason

leylands always been one of the best in the game

Brutus84

I actually was going to change what I said before I submitted. Instead of me saying that, I believe you would have to watch the majority of the games. Always one of the best doesn't mean he is one of the best now. Also, I don't like using this stat because I do not think it is fair but he is barely above .500 manager in his career. As I said though the guys love him and regardless of how high the payroll is the team has been doing good enough for him to keep his job.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leyland is the reason they won big last night. Hall of fame manager!

Brutus84

Leyland isn't the reason they won. The reason they won is because the pitchers got out jams and had clutch hitting. Moving Jackson down probably helped but you could also complain and say that Peralta should be batting where Fielder is.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

the only problem with the tigers is they can't manufacture runs no bunt no steal no nothing.. too fundamental. Verlander so piss when he lost that 1 nothing game. I don't blame him tho. whose fault was that.

First 12