easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Georgia and LSU how will they play after last weeks game

Both teams on the road. LSU playing Mississippi State whose coming off a bye week and they will be ready to play. Georgia on the other hand playing Tennesse and it feels like a huge letdown spot after the big win last week and they might start slow here and Tennesse should be in this late however I'm not sure if they can pull off the upset. Any thoughts on these 2 games?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

i like lsu out of the two. as good as georgia is, they just lay eggs in these easy games once or twice a year it seems. and lsu owns mississippi state.

if game day rolls around and they both still huge public favorites, which i assume they will be, just don't fool with either one of them.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i like lsu out of the two. as good as georgia is, they just lay eggs in these easy games once or twice a year it seems. and lsu owns mississippi state.

if game day rolls around and they both still huge public favorites, which i assume they will be, just don't fool with either one of them.
    I really like Tennesse to cover as well Will likely take them the first half on the spread as I think they come out slow

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

they will both win straight up. I don't have an opinion on the spread though.

texhooper

right, easy, and lsu also has their back against the wall more. they can't drop two in a row, and they damn sure can't drop one to mississippi effing state.

i honestly want to bet tennessee but man they suck...

bubblebuttluv

Yeah, Tennessee has sucked for a while. Tennessee and Kentucky are the "easy games" in the SEC East. If Florida, South Carolina (under Spurrier) and UGA don't beat them every single year, than something is wrong.

Since Peyton left and a few years after that, Tennessee has been shit and Kentucky is just a basketball school no matter how they have improved.

LSU cannot afford to drop another game and Les knows that. Bama will beat LSU and shut them out of SEC West anyways.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Since Peyton left and a few years after that, Tennessee has been shit and Kentucky is just a basketball school no matter how they have improved.
    i hear you, but they have always managed to play georgia rather well throughout recent years.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

vols can't do anything about Georgia they just aren't there yet watch the defense vs Oregon and Florida they cant cover the edge well ....at first I thought It was just Oregon being Oregon then Florida lit them up for big plays then I noticed. Georgia should respond. LSU never a doubt how they will respond Lester always has the boys ready Think they'll punch state in the mouth work on fixing that defense but its not like st has what Georgia has to exploit the defense.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

this.

Both teams are tired and probably didnt even practice hard this week.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I like GA to start slow and win a tighter game

I like LSU to cover pretty easily

bubblebuttluv

Some people tend to forget to think about the BCS system (not necessarily in this thread, but I see it elsewhere on the forum) and how they rank teams.

Some people will think UGA may have a let down game after their huge win last week. WRONG. You can't really afford to have let down games in college football, that is what makes college football so great. Pundits and stuff say "I can't stand how the SEC wins the title every year." Well why do they even make the title game? Because for all the haters Alabama gets you can't argue against them when they crush the big names they play every year. But, think about this. ESPN and the writers want SO VERY MUCH for an SEC team not to be in the title game this year and they would absolutely love for an Oregon vs. Ohio State title game. They used to hate Urban Meyer when he coached Florida but now they constantly suck his dick.

So, why won't UGA have a let down game this week? Well if they lose this week, then first off assuming Florida and South Carolina win this week, UGA will fall into a tie with South Carolina in 2nd place in the SEC East (Florida is 3-0 in SEC play). Second, if they lose to Tennessee they will probably lose to Florida since Florida is still better than Tennessee. Finally, assume UGA loses to Tennessee and still makes it to the SEC title game and beats Alabama (who will absolutely win the West). If that happens UGA will still be kept out of the BCS title game, because you will have 80-year old writers who will think "They may have won the SEC, but they lost to shitty Tennessee".

Now, why won't LSU lose? First, as has been earlier stated, LSU has Mississippi State's number. Also, Alabama WILL ABSOLUTELY beat LSU at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Please don't kid yourself and think otherwise. Bama has a better RB (Yeldon is top 3 along with Gurley and De'Anthony Thomas), better WR's (Bell is sick), a better QB (McCarron vs LSU's Mettenberger and his criminal record and overrated-ness), and they have an even better defense (Sunseri and Clinton-Dix are the best safeties in the country, with Clinton-Dix being THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NATION, and he will be off suspension in 2-3 weeks at the latest). That last sentence is just my opinion of course, but I don't think anyone would truly argue with that. Because Bama will beat LSU, LSU has to hope they have the best record they can going into the game (especially since they still also have to play Texas A&M who may very well beat them).

Just remember that no matter what, EVERY FUKKING GAME IN NCAA FOOTBALL MATTERS. The great teams (Bama, UGA, Stanford, Oregon, etc.) will still be great and the scrub teams (Tennessee, Kentucky, Washington State, etc.) still remain scrubs. And the great teams know to pile on on the scrub teams.

bubblebuttluv

And if Gurley is out, that won't mean too much. Marshall is not that much worse than Gurley.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I like GA to start slow and win a tighter game

I like LSU to cover pretty easily
    This^

LSU rolls, UGA should start slow but common its tenn. i would lay off that one.

Good write up bubblebuttluv

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

I agree with 100% with louisvillekid. Would be sweet if they both cover

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Tennessee doesn't have a good enough qb to give UGA a scare. Better hope Tennessee can establish a dominate running game or it will be blowout city. Murray is playing at such a high level right now I don't see UGA having a let down or bad day against a mediocre defense. Murray came back to win the SEC. This is a very focused, determined team in the offensive side of the ball. Marshall knows whats at stake here. He's a competitive kid and getting the start I think will give him an opportunity to get more PT when Gurley returns if he can prove that he can carry the rock 20-25 times. I'm thinking UGA 41-24

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Tennessee doesn't have a good enough qb to give UGA a scare. Better hope Tennessee can establish a dominate running game or it will be blowout city. Murray is playing at such a high level right now I don't see UGA having a let down or bad day against a mediocre defense. Murray came back to win the SEC. This is a very focused, determined team in the offensive side of the ball. Marshall knows whats at stake here. He's a competitive kid and getting the start I think will give him an opportunity to get more PT when Gurley returns if he can prove that he can carry the rock 20-25 times. I'm thinking UGA 41-24
    I'm with silver here. Think Tennessee gets too much credit from their past. I was also not sold on their most recent hire. Tennessee covered against florida thanks to a pick 6. Florida offense is not that great and they put up 24. Georgia should be in the 40's here and I just don't see Tennessee keeping up. Think they score in the 20s. Don't think Georgia will lose focus on this one.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huckhog and like minded correct. Tenn is bad and Florida's offense not potent enuff to scare anyone. If the game interests u put a little on Georgia ML to pay for a nice meal out and enjoy the game. If u must play it for adrenaline then lay the points. Like LSU in this spot.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Let Down City for both.....I'm pretty sure at least one of these dogs cover and I actually believe it will be MSU who does. It has to be pretty hard for both Georgia and LSU to summon the same emotion they played with last week, but for LSU especially since they were the losers in that epic battle. As someone pointed out, MSU also had the week off also, so there'll probably be few new wrinkles in the offense and so forth. I like the Bulldogs plus the points. You can rationalize why LSU won't letdown all you want to, but that's from your desk in front of the computer. Rational thought doesn't always govern the mindset of amateur athletes (or professional ones for that matter). 18-22 year old college kids' emotions aren't going to be sky high after losing a 3 point contest to Georgia. They probably spent the better part of the week lamenting their inability to close out the Georgia game, rather than getting hyped for a road game at Miss St. This edge goes to the Bulldogs bigtime. I think they'll get some turnovers, LSU will be lethargic, and ultimately a cover for the underdog.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    this.

If your team gets tired after a game in the middle of the season, it is time to fire your Strength and Fitness Coach.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    this.

Dude stop assuming.

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    This^

LSU rolls, UGA should start slow but common its tenn. i would lay off that one.

Good write up bubblebuttluv
    Thanks, bruh.

And I meant they will win straight up, I have no clue on covering a spread.

easyliving

decided to take LSU-9 and Tennesse+9.5

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

One would have to think UGA should be in for a let down, but man, Tennessee hasn't looked too good

easyliving

LSU line down to 7.5 while Georgia up to 10.5 I got a bad feeling about this, wouldn't be surprised if 1 of them loses straight up

texhooper

mississippi state getting pounded. georgia line moving the right way, but 90% on georgia. something fukked up will happen in at the very least one of these games. screw these games.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

these sec teams are used to big gms then still handling business the next week vs the lesser teams...not sure bout spread but have both in a ml parlay..

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

If the UGA/Tenn game was at night, Id be more worried. This LSU line movement is scary, and that game being at night makes it alittle more stressful for them. I dont know how they both lose tho.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    If the UGA/Tenn game was at night, Id be more worried. This LSU line movement is scary, and that game being at night makes it alittle more stressful for them. I dont know how they both lose tho.
    id bet my unborn child that they both win..cover i have no idea..

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    id bet my unborn child that they both win..cover i have no idea..
    you could probably find someone who would take this action.

2daBank

you could probably find someone who would take this action.
    lol...i been trying to bet my wife for years,,not necessarily on gms i think will win either

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Just saw where UT is 1-24 against ranked teams since 2008

easyliving

Georgia is in trouble

RavensFan2k3

Aaron Murray needs to put his fuckin senior cap on and be a fuckin leader

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Aaron Murray needs to put his fuckin senior cap on and be a fuckin leader
    Thats exactly what I was talking about...show em why this YOUR year!!!

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Georgia lost its top 3 WRs in this game to injuries. Their defense can't stop a nose bleed. Uh oh.

12 Last