Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Smoke , to get a real-life measure... Research and find the number of FULL TIME job that are nonexistent (disappeared) compared to 6yrs ago. Also , how many of these new jobs are PART time

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Obama has stimulated the economy and has brought back jobs sammy thats a fact also obamacare is a great thing. No longer can someone be denied health care because of pre existing conditions.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Smokie speaks the truth

Still think we need a sex scandal tho

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Smoke , to get a real-life measure... Research and find the number of FULL TIME job that are nonexistent (disappeared) compared to 6yrs ago. Also , how many of these new jobs are PART time
    You should see how efficient the american workforce is right now.

They are doing what my dad did in 40 hr salaried week, and giving it to a recent grad at pennies on the dollar, and are doing it "parttime" (32 hrs or less).

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Let the Democrats do what they best, name calling.
    what did you just do in post #20 you retard
    if you can't see that the Republicans don't have a major role (doesn't really matter if it is 30% or 70% their fault) in the chaos that is our government, then you have your head buried so far up your ass that you will never see daylight again

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Still think we need a sex scandal tho
    tony NO

Have you seen Michelle Obama?

She is hot hot hot

tony_come

Smokie is hot hot hot

Smoke

No not me tony not me

tony_come

Yes you Smokie yes you

Smoke

You're hot tony you're hot hot hot

tony_come

You're hot smokie hot hot hot

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Sept 30, 2013

The White House is defending the National Security Agency following a new report that the agency has been scanning the data it collects to map out some Americans' social connections.

The New York Times reports the tracking started in 2010, allowing the government to identify some Americans' associates, their locations at certain times and their traveling companions. The Times cites documents provided by NSA leaker Edward Snowden.

White House spokesman Jay Carney says he won't comment on specific intelligence activities.

Gonna be kind of hard to blame this one on Bush.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Sept 30, 2013

The White House is defending the National Security Agency following a new report that the agency has been scanning the data it collects to map out some Americans' social connections.

The New York Times reports the tracking started in 2010, allowing the government to identify some Americans' associates, their locations at certain times and their traveling companions. The Times cites documents provided by NSA leaker Edward Snowden.

White House spokesman Jay Carney says he won't comment on specific intelligence activities.

I'm thinking if they are tracking a few SBR posters (PaulyPoker/Philly/Pronk, and some others of the nut brigade), that isn't a bad thing......

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

We all know the drill here....big countdown clocks for drama, posturing for donations and ratings on both sides....clock runs out and then by tomorrow afternoon a deal is reached that is retroactive and nothing changes. 6 months for now...same thing again.

ChalkyDog

Sept 30, 2013

There, latch onto this one. This one is unacceptable. Impeach Obama for this - fringe right. Impeach Obama for this.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope Obama runs again as Hillary's VP in 2016...

Can't wait!!!

Greg242
    Greg242's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6854

Am I the only one who feels a shutdown could actually be a good thing. Finally these idiots on both sides can stop screwing shit up and passing laws they do not read. It almost seems a shutdown is best to stop all the madness.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by Greg242 View Post
    Am I the only one who feels a shutdown could actually be a good thing. Finally these idiots on both sides can stop screwing shit up and passing laws they do not read. It almost seems a shutdown is best to stop all the madness.
    What good will come of it?

You do realize that the men and women fighting for our country do not get paid while our gov't is shutdown?

Sure they will get paid retroactively once a deal is reached, but until then-- no pay. Just IOUs.

VA Hospitals--PMI Insurance for first time home buyers-----the small business owners who work at or near National Parks-- and where visits drive their businesses will get whacked....

Nothing good comes of this.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post

You do realize that the men and women fighting for our country do not get paid while our gov't is shutdown?

Sure they will get paid retroactively once a deal is reached, but until then-- no pay. Just IOUs.

Wrong... Stay up to date

Greg242
    Greg242's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6854

I heard the military does get paid in full as well Sam.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I think I am pretty well educated in politics (I thought about becoming a political science major before I chose finance), but seriously, fukk politics. Politicians don't work for the interests of their voters and they never have (even in the beginning of this type of government, ancient Greece, they didn't work for the voters). Give a man/woman any sort of pedestal and he will just try to boost himself/herself, it is only natural.

Just get your money, pussy, and guns before you leave this earth.

SamDiamond

Wrong... Stay up to date
    Fair enough. Obama is scheduled to sign that provision in the next few hours.

ChalkyDog

Wrong... Stay up to date
    Anyone who works for the federal government, which includes multiple people of my family, will be without pay. They are already shut down for one day a month. Many of them did fight for this country, all the people in my family, as for years the best way to get a federal job was to be a vet as they give them huge preferential treatment.

Now think of that one payday at the end of the month. That is no less than $100 they are losing. And that money is the money that might literally be all they get after they pay all their bills. That extra $100 (usually a lot more), is devastating to those living pay check to pay check.

They already have to deal with that. Now they are being threatened by a bunch of rich numbnuts complaining about an issue that doesn't involve them outside of the tax sense - which would obviously not be lessened by a loss of a pay day.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Unmitigated disaster that somehow gets worse by the day.

These fvcking fruit loops are off the reservation.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post

Fair enough...

No problem... we are all are behind at some point

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I agree both parties should pass a CR. If Obama care is flawed then fix it, maybe completely overhaul it. The time to kill it has passed. As a Republican I respect the majority's decision even if I disagree with the legislation. Let's move on to reforming welfare and lowering business taxes instead of wasting time.
    Hasn't been a budget passed in 4 years. What a concept, A BUDGET. Dems don't want to go anywhere near a budget.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

No one has talked about what your 401k is going to look like. Dow dropped like a rock the last couple of days.

It's not just the people depending on the gov, it's everyone. Even if they do a band aide on this bull, it will
    come back later. What happened last time, we had our credit rating dropped.

BTW, the Repubs are at fault!

Sam Odom

Research and find the number of FULL TIME job that are nonexistent (disappeared) compared to 6yrs ago. Also , how many of these new jobs are PART time

Unfortunately...

30 September 2013

US employers slashing worker hours to avoid Obamacare insurance mandate

Trend sparks fears among low-paid workers that they will be hit twice: by having earnings cut and paying more for healthcare

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...void-obamacare

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post
    Cut social programs !!

Cut spending!!!

Easy as 1-2-3!!!
    The country will still be gone in a hundred years, it's more than an economic fix.

Cut all foreign aid.

Bring all troops occupying foreign lands home.

Secure the border.

Kick out all illegal immigrants.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Anyone who works for the federal government, which includes multiple people of my family, will be without pay. They are already shut down for one day a month. Many of them did fight for this country, all the people in my family, as for years the best way to get a federal job was to be a vet as they give them huge preferential treatment.

Now think of that one payday at the end of the month. That is no less than $100 they are losing. And that money is the money that might literally be all they get after they pay all their bills. That extra $100 (usually a lot more), is devastating to those living pay check to pay check.

They already have to deal with that. Now they are being threatened by a bunch of rich numbnuts complaining about an issue that doesn't involve them outside of the tax sense - which would obviously not be lessened by a loss of a pay day.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...own-will-work/

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Can't wait!!!
    Why not as President? He has pretty much suspended much of the Constitution anyway. He could add the 22nd Amendment to the amendments he ignores and just run again!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Can't wait!!!
    no wonder politics is at its low point ever. People enthusiastically support failure

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukkin funny.

Dumb fukks still pointing fingers at each other.

Smart fukks learning Manadarin

ChalkyDog

They were given orders that if a shutdown occurs, to report to work so they can go into official "shutdown mode", and then go home for the day (And until shutdown is over).

They work on fort, the communications hub for the Armed Forces.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Fukkin funny.

Dumb fukks still pointing fingers at each other.

Smart fukks learning Manadarin
    billy gets it.

What is a good way to save money? Cut our over-inflated defense budget (and no, I don't mean gash it).

At the same time what is China doing, no matter what we do? Ramping up military spending year after year.

I've known for a LONG time that given sometime in the next 50 years (in human years that is a while, in history it is a blink) China will be totally dominant.

At the same time old fukks who have to wear diapers everyday are shouting in Congress at 11:32 PM and accomplishing nothing.

First 12345 ... Last