PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

The Seahawks are 13-1 ATS in their last 14 Games, including NINE covers in a Row!

Can you say CASH COW??

2012 @ Bears - win

2012 vs Cardinals - win

2012 @ Bills - win

2012 vs 49ers - win

2012 vs Rams - Loss

2012 playoffs @ Redskins - win

2012 playoffs @ Falcons - win

2013 Preseason @ Chargers - win

2013 Preseason vs Broncos - win

2013 Preseason @ Packers - win

2013 Preseason vs Raiders - win

2013 @ Panthers - win

2013 vs 49ers - win

2013 vs Jaguars - win

2013 @ Texans - ???

Most of these spreads were covered with ease too. It would be funny to figure out the average # of points they beat the spread by, because it would be BIG

They may not cover this weekend at Houston, but I might have to keep going back to this well until it's dry.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

due factor

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Honestly, a young team that has a stereotype of playing poorly on the road, playing at this level, i think they turn it on...........even if there not at home. I think they are that good this year

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    due factor
    so many people have been buried playing this angle

Imagine how many people have been chasing losses against them

Just thought this stat was pretty incredible, don't think you should use it too much in capping Sunday's game vs Texans

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Only game Seahawks might not be a pick-em or giving points is @Atlanta and if the Giants turn it around @Giants. I highly doubt they go 16-0 or 15-1 ATS this season. The lines are going to be really high for 4 out of their next 5 games Titans, Cardinals, Rams, and Buccaneers. I bet at least 1 of those teams cover.

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

I have Seattle minus 3 until I see other wise it's a no brainier for me by the way Houston is soft!

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    Only game Seahawks might not be a pick-em or giving points is @Atlanta and if the Giants turn it around @Giants. I highly doubt they go 16-0 or 15-1 ATS this season. The lines are going to be really high for 4 out of their next 5 games Titans, Cardinals, Rams, and Buccaneers. I bet at least 1 of those teams cover.
    no, no way they will keep covering at this percentage

It's interesting that Vegas has behind in adjusting their lines. I think you are right that there will be some inflated lines coming up. But in some games, it's impossible to set the line high enough. If they continue to beat teams by 20, 30, 40 points it's an auto cover

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Means nothing

Oddsmakers know and adjust to that

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

wow.... time to fade or ride them?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

correct me if im wrong but this will be their 1st road gm and 1st real challenge w/o their all-pro tackle correct? i seriously listen to ppl talk about sea and think they dont understand a beast tackle kinda important when you go to a loud ass stadium against a very good pass rush, i know he isnt on anyone's fantasy team but prob more valuable than anyone who is..

not that anybody screaming to take sea cares but id also point out they can in fact be run on and hou does like to run which will keep schaub from seeing the kind of heat that wilson will be under.. maybe sea wins, ive certainly been wrong before but i hoped that hou would get blasted last week not only cause i was on balty but because it sets this gm up so perfect to smash overreacting masses who a little to high on sea and all a sudden low on hou, if it wasnt for a ill timed fumble @ carolina sea already have a loss, they not going 16-0, and id argue hou is a considerably harder place to play than panthers house and again sea a man short from that one.

id love to know the number of cats screaming sea or nothing who were on gb, nyg, hou last week? these short road favs will kill ya over time..

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

way to jinx seattle.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Why anyone would lay the points is beyond me. Huge Seattle fan here, and I'm taking the points with Houston. Hoping Seattle wins by 1-2pts.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Means nothing

Oddsmakers know and adjust to that
    Funny that it took this long is all

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Funny that it took this long is all
    id say they already did, just cause they lucked out and happened to cover week 1, lets just say happened to cover (you can cross out the lucked out part to save a argument) that aside this already the second time they road favs of a fg vs a quality opponent which is a far cry from where they were lined last year, actually were 1 point dogs @carolina last yr and certainly would have been dogs at hou, id even make the assumption the before season line on this gm was hou either favs or pk (didnt look just guessing)... simply cause to this point it hasnt caught up doesnt mean they are not receiving a new level of respect from the books which in turn should (i say should cause short periods of gms who knows) help even their run out..

djmano
    djmano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

houston did not look that good against the titans and they were at home. barring their last minute miracle drive they basically lost at home to the titans 16-24. CJ was running wild in the 1st h but texans did stuff him up in the 2nd h ill give em that.

last week against baltimore the score was a little inflated due to the kick return TD and pick 6 but those points came off mistakes by houston so its worth noting.

offences have ups and downs but good defences are less subject to fluctuations.

biggest knock on seattle is they are weak on the road.....looking at their record SU on the road last year they weren't bad at all. hell they almost beat atlanta in the georgia dome in the playoffs, i dont think you can do that if your horrible on the road.

Seattle ML

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by djmano View Post
    houston did not look that good against the titans and they were at home. barring their last minute miracle drive they basically lost at home to the titans 16-24. CJ was running wild in the 1st h but texans did stuff him up in the 2nd h ill give em that.

last week against baltimore the score was a little inflated due to the kick return TD and pick 6 but those points came off mistakes by houston so its worth noting.

offences have ups and downs but good defences are less subject to fluctuations.

biggest knock on seattle is they are weak on the road.....looking at their record SU on the road last year they weren't bad at all. hell they almost beat atlanta in the georgia dome in the playoffs, i dont think you can do that if your horrible on the road.

Seattle ML
    i love that hou has yet to look that good, maybe im crazy..my knocks on sea for this week didnt once say "they not that good on the road"..

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Books don't care, they have -1 out there for you.

lol @ pre-season games.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Seahawks will roll easily. Seahawks had a preseason type game last week whereas the Texans had a huge game which they lost handily.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Books don't care, they have -1 out there for you.

lol @ pre-season games.
    Lol @ all the cash I made betting Seahawks in the preseason

I was on here telling guys to take them because of their depth. Pavy knows, I saw him on the Hawks in the preseason

Speedy88

Seahawks could be without three of their starting offensive linemen. Ut-oh

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Still think the seahawks are overrated. They are a good team, but the ball always seems to bounce in their favor. Tipped passes, fumbles, key calls, etc. Running way above EV.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

So if you flip heads 14 times in a row, what are the odds heads will come on the 15th try?

~50% chance Seattle does not cover/win.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

So if you flip heads 14 times in a row, what are the odds heads will come on the 15th try?

is make compare on horse and donkey. fibonacci make the laugh on you

PAYTON20

Did you read the thread? Apparently not. Already been clearly stated that this info is not to be used to cap this weekend's play haha

just sayin... If you've been on the Seahawks, you've been winning large

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

You think betting against pointspreads is the same as flipping a coin?

mikew
    mikew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You think betting against pointspreads is the same as flipping a coin?
    of course. thats the job of the linesmaker

do you think betting against widely available pointspreads is better than 50% ? if so, you are claiming that you are smarter than all of the bookies and bettors in the world.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Preseason LMAO

They will not win on the road against elite teams. I don't at this point in the season consider Houston in that top-tier bracket yet. Should be an interesting matchup tomorrow.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That is unheard of anymore

It rarely happens in any sports
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAYTON20

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

It is down to a pick em, rule is you take the better team in a pick not matter who is home. Seattle is clearly the better team right now, so someone explain to me why Seattle at a pick is not one of the better bets on the board?

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    It is down to a pick em, rule is you take the better team in a pick not matter who is home. Seattle is clearly the better team right now, so someone explain to me why Seattle at a pick is not one of the better bets on the board?
    Seattle on the road down 3 staring Oline men is why it is a PK'em. Tomorrows game gets as close to a must win for Hou as you can get in week 4. They're coming off a bad loss and having to go into SF next week. If they drop the Seattle game, they're facing 3 losses in a row.

Personally I think some of the value in Hou is gone now that the line has moved. Sea could win, but I highly doubt they win by more than 3. Glad I snagged the +3 earlier this week.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That is unheard of anymore

It rarely happens in any sports
    Someone finally gets the point of the post.

Unrale

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    Preseason LMAO

They will not win on the road against elite teams. I don't at this point in the season consider Houston in that top-tier bracket yet. Should be an interesting matchup tomorrow.
    Ya LMAO such easy $$$ on the Hawks in the preseason

SmittyZ28

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Seattle on the road down 3 staring Oline men is why it is a PK'em. Tomorrows game gets as close to a must win for Hou as you can get in week 4. They're coming off a bad loss and having to go into SF next week. If they drop the Seattle game, they're facing 3 losses in a row.

Personally I think some of the value in Hou is gone now that the line has moved. Sea could win, but I highly doubt they win by more than 3. Glad I snagged the +3 earlier this week.
    Completely agree with you when this line was +3 and even +3.5 on some sites. No bet yet, but Seachickens on a pick em going into HOU going to be real tough for me to lay off

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Seahawks Offensive Line Is Bucked. 3 Starters Out For Game Vs Texans.

SmittyZ28

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Seahawks Offensive Line Is Bucked. 3 Starters Out For Game Vs Texans.
    Which is a obviously a major advantage but I think RW mobility limits the HOU advantage on that one, guy is barely tall enough to throw out of the pocket anyway...

still undecided

12 Last