LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

TCU QB Casey Pachall Already Ruled OUT vs. Texas Tech Next Week

Suffered a forearm injury today. Let's see if the books open up that line at the same time as the others on Sunday night or if they delay it.

LT Profits

TCU opened -3 on the road Thursday night, Texas Tech ML MIGHT be worth a look at home.

KnockEmDown
    KnockEmDown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2085

TCU's backup QB Boykin has plenty of playing experience. I don't think the line will move much at all. With that said, Thursday night games have been horrible for ranked teams playing unranked teams on the road over the past 10 years. Should be a great matchup.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

With Boykin at QB the over maybe worth a shot against Tech!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

I like Boykin better anyways......makes more things happen on broken plays. Will have to look into the game more though.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

The team with the most points at the end of the game is definitely going to win. The team from Texas should win this game.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Boykin is also a WR, correct?

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Doesn't matter what Boykin is. He played all last year as the QB and continued getting better. I still think Tech wins and I will be taking ML when Bookmaker opens it up

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    Boykin is also a WR, correct?
    Yes, when he's backing up Pachall he is.

LT Profits

Pachall out eight weeks with a fractured forearm. Boykin is much more of a runner and not nearly as good a passer, so this probably changes the TCU game plan long term.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I love TCU's head coach. Probably the best 2nd half adjuster other than Saban. I think TCU will play better with one QB this year but I don't like them as a favorite. Love them as dogs.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

T-tech starter is out also and a freshman walkon is starting. two backup QB's, does that affect the over?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    T-tech starter is out also and a freshman walkon is starting. two backup QB's, does that affect the over?
    Mayfield has been great the first two games for Tech, he may be their best QB anyway

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

You are right his stats are really good. An article made it sound like he was starting for the first time. Mayfield did have a great high school career and looks like he is gonna have a great college career as well. All the sudden an over is looking pretty attractive.

caseyman011

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Mayfield has been great the first two games for Tech, he may be their best QB anyway
    This is 100% accurate. Mayfield beat out Davis Webb who was in competition with Brewer for starter. I see this as Mayfield's job to lose. And he has been outstanding.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    He has played an SMU team that needed a touchdown as time expired to beat Montana State, and Stephen F. Austin who lost to that same Weber State team that lost 70-7 on Saturday. TCU's defense will be night and day difference than what Baker Mayfield has faced so far. With that being said, the TCU offense so far this year has been better with Boykin at QB, and with the way Tech's defense looked struggling to contain SMU QB Garrett Gilbert when he scrambled, Boykin should have a good time running the ball. I like TCU in this game a lot, and I don't say that as a homer. I just think TCU is the better team and Tech won't be ready. It's not like last year where Tech win in 3OT with a senior quarterback and TCU having a freshman QB still learning the offense.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Big 12 is now down to the Big 3. Both Oklahoma schools and Baylor are all that is left of this Conference. Home dogs are tough to fade on Thrusday Nights. I will not fade T-Tech here.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    He has played an SMU team that needed a touchdown as time expired to beat Montana State, and Stephen F. Austin who lost to that same Weber State team that lost 70-7 on Saturday. TCU's defense will be night and day difference than what Baker Mayfield has faced so far. With that being said, the TCU offense so far this year has been better with Boykin at QB, and with the way Tech's defense looked struggling to contain SMU QB Garrett Gilbert when he scrambled, Boykin should have a good time running the ball. I like TCU in this game a lot, and I don't say that as a homer. I just think TCU is the better team and Tech won't be ready. It's not like last year where Tech win in 3OT with a senior quarterback and TCU having a freshman QB still learning the offense.
    I agree with all of this. Too many newbs on Texas Tech that have not yet been tested by a quality team. At least we know what we're getting with TCU, and they have played marquee competition going back to last year and this year with LSU. Boykin will give them hell with his feet. -3 is a bargain here......Horned Frogs all day.

rowdyredraider11
    rowdyredraider11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coming from a Frogs team that struggled to beat an FCS team in week 2. 61 points were scored after the red raiders benched their starters in the second half after scoring 45 points. Mayfield is not only going to keep on thriving under Kingsbury's newly revived air raid, but he will also thrive in a crowd heavy environment. Knowing TCU doesn't travel well, or pack their own stadium for that matter is yet another advantage. Texas Tech will surprise many nay sayers Thursday night and easily cover the 3.5 spread.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyredraider11 View Post
    Coming from a Frogs team that struggled to beat an FCS team in week 2. 61 points were scored after the red raiders benched their starters in the second half after scoring 45 points. Mayfield is not only going to keep on thriving under Kingsbury's newly revived air raid, but he will also thrive in a crowd heavy environment. Knowing TCU doesn't travel well, or pack their own stadium for that matter is yet another advantage. Texas Tech will surprise many nay sayers Thursday night and easily cover the 3.5 spread.
    I've learned not to take too much from major college teams who look pedestrian against lower tier, or FCS competition, unless it's a complete debacle and you simply can't ignore it. I just think TCU was lethargic coming off of the LSU game and with Texas Tech on deck for a Thursday night showcase, it made for a classic sandwich game scenario. I expect they'll be ready this week, as they do not want to drop another nationally televised game against an interstate rival. Defense should be the difference in this one. TCU will create more turnovers I believe and Tech will be hard pressed to match it.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I've learned not to take too much from major college teams who look pedestrian against lower tier, or FCS competition, unless it's a complete debacle and you simply can't ignore it. I just think TCU was lethargic coming off of the LSU game and with Texas Tech on deck for a Thursday night showcase, it made for a classic sandwich game scenario. I expect they'll be ready this week, as they do not want to drop another nationally televised game against an interstate rival. Defense should be the difference in this one. TCU will create more turnovers I believe and Tech will be hard pressed to match it.
    Bet the Horny Toads based on your own research and not on anything frogs4life spews on this site.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    Bet the Horny Toads based on your own research and not on anything frogs4life spews on this site.
    I have a confession to make..........I have no research of my own. I lack the resources and the motivation.

DallasRedRaider
    DallasRedRaider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I think TCU is a better team with Boykin. Pachall is just not very impressive at all. Tcu will be fired up to play this game, but I think tech is the better team. Remember last season against tcu, texas tech was without two of their best wideouts (minus Eric ward) in jace amaro and Bradley Marquez. Both of those guys are back. The offensive lines for both teams are the concern in this game. Also, interested to see how mayfield responds after his first mistake. Really wish Brewer was healthy and ready for this game. But as of now, I would stay away from betting on this game. Tech historically struggles when facing running qbs. If any bet, I would bet the over. Should be a good game though.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

I have a confession to make..........I have no research of my own. I lack the resources and the motivation.

marley33
    marley33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Game is going to be to close to call in my opinion. If I had to pick a side, I would lean TCU. The Over is the play here.

Best of Luck

Eddy Munny

What's the situation with Devonte Fields......I think he still has a half game suspension to serve? His presence is critical for TCU.

DallasRedRaider

Devonte Fields is playing in this game. He still owes Patterson a half game suspension. The suspension was originally 2 games (lsu, selu games). But Gary Patterson played him during the selu game in the second half once tcu was struggling against those guys. TCU ended up pulling away, thankfully for the 15,000 tcu fans in attendance and the big12's rep.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRedRaider View Post
    I think TCU is a better team with Boykin. Pachall is just not very impressive at all. Tcu will be fired up to play this game, but I think tech is the better team. Remember last season against tcu, texas tech was without two of their best wideouts (minus Eric ward) in jace amaro and Bradley Marquez. Both of those guys are back. The offensive lines for both teams are the concern in this game. Also, interested to see how mayfield responds after his first mistake. Really wish Brewer was healthy and ready for this game. But as of now, I would stay away from betting on this game. Tech historically struggles when facing running qbs. If any bet, I would bet the over. Should be a good game though.
    No thinking about it. They were night & day on offense when Boykin came in to relieve Pachall in both games. As a TCU alum, I was a little shocked that Patterson even started Pachall in Week 2 - but I suppose the thinking was to get him some confidence against an "easy" opponent. The injury lets him off the hook from having to yank Pachall because he did not deserve to start again with or without the injury.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRedRaider View Post
    Devonte Fields is playing in this game. He still owes Patterson a half game suspension. The suspension was originally 2 games (lsu, selu games). But Gary Patterson played him during the selu game in the second half once tcu was struggling against those guys. TCU ended up pulling away, thankfully for the 15,000 tcu fans in attendance and the big12's rep.
    That's just my point.............He still owes a half game. Does that mean he'll serve that half game suspension this week against Tech, or at a later date?

LT Profits

Fields is starting on Thursday, maybe Patterson slashed it to 1.5 games. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/...devonte-fields

caseyman011

That's just my point.............He still owes a half game. Does that mean he'll serve that half game suspension this week against Tech, or at a later date?
    He'll serve it whenever it's convenient for Patterson and TCU. That's why he didn't serve it in the 2nd half of the SELA game because it was so close.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He only has one quarter left to serve.

DallasRedRaider

Come on man use your brain. If Patterson played fields against a weak selu opponent do you think he is going to sit him against a game he wants to win the most of any on his schedule. No way Patterson sits fields against tech. Well only way is if tech or tcu has the game in hand by the 4th quarter. Other than that fields is playing the entire game

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

This game probably goes over 80 points combined with both these offenses. Play the OVER.

12 Last