LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Miami Hurricanes to Upset Florida?

At first glance, I saw Florida was -3 and said to myself waaaaaaaaaaaaaa?? And naturally much of SBR already started tabbing Gators as the Lock of the Millennium. Look a little deeper though. Remember that Miami was ineligible for post-season play the last two years and that suspension is now over, and this is a statement game for the Canes as if they win it, they will be back on the football map. Playing in Miami obviously helps immensely, but nothing I just said would mean anything if Miami doesn't have the players to pull the upset. Enter my key player of the game in Miami running back Duke Johnson, who was dynamite as a freshman and who rushed for 186 yards on a whopping 9.8 YPC last week, albeit vs. Little Sisters of the Poor (ooops sorry, I meant Florida Atlantic). Johnson did prove himself vs. better competition last year though, and he now has over 1200 all-purpose yards in his last five games. Obviously he hasn't faced a defense with the team speed that Florida possesses, but if he comes anywhere close to what he did over the final month of last season plus last week, then Florida won't be able to dominate time of possessions with its running game as has become its custom and I also like Miami's quarterback Stephen Morris more than I like Driskel. Of course if the Gators can put the clamps on Johnson, then Florida probably wins easily. I think he will do fine though.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I was holding off & hoping line goes to 3.5 and then pound The U, but now that a Moderator is humping it I have to play it today before the reverse line movement hits.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Forget about it. Gators win by 10.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I was holding off & hoping line goes to 3.5 and then pound The U, but now that a Moderator is humping it I have to play it today before the reverse line movement hits.
    You never know if there will be a flood of money on Gators on game-day tomorrow, but as of now, Miami is the side getting juiced on the +3 so I don't think +3.5 seems likely.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

BM was showing 57% or so on UM ML bet. Surprises me. Guess people think our O is that bad.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

I took the U +3 at -115. Im normally all for being a homer of the SEC but your right believing in Driskells shortcomings. Big spot for Miami with a lot to prove. Not saying the win SU but think they keep it close with a chance to pull it off in the 4th. Was also debating hoping Saturday money would push it to 3.5 but decided to go ahead and pull the trigger

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

All over Miami +130 & Temple +130

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

UF -3 on it

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

Hopefully you tards will pound UF so I can get a few more points on the U.. Oregon is another line you look @ and think wtf? Looks like easy $ but I hate betting publics #1 bet of the day.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miami if I had to make a bet

dead even type game

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

florida wins defense is better fla's running back was suspended last week and will be back this week fla wins 27-17

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

leanin' 'canes, LT. GL.

Danielk123
    Danielk123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Hopefully you tards will pound UF so I can get a few more points on the U.. Oregon is another line you look @ and think wtf? Looks like easy $ but I hate betting publics #1 bet of the day.
    That's what i thought about Arizona State -34.5

Pounded it and they won 55-0

Don't overthink guys, Oregon and Gators will roll.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

This is the epitome of a trap line, really

That being said.....

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

UM should be up for this one. Miami has the worst fans in the country, but even they may bring it for this game. A noon game there is brutal. Hopefully the Cane fan base won't dip out of the stadium permanently for some Cuban melts and Corona Lights at halftime. Still not sold on Driskel and the UF offense. Think this is a close low scoring one and whoever makes the least amount of mistakes wins.

Danielk123
    Danielk123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

There is a reason the Gators will not be playing the Canes anymore... They are a waste of time.

Lowpine
    Update your status
    Lowpine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4228

Give me that Uf D on the road, fishy line be damned.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Danielk123 View Post
    There is a reason the Gators will not be playing the Canes anymore... They are a waste of time.
    The reason the Gators don't schedule games like this is because of their neutral game with UGA and they already have a very good set rival in FSU. Georgia is in the same boat except they tend to schedule stronger OOC opponents more often. No other teams in the country have that scheduling conflict. Tough to schedule another home and home when you have a yearly OOC rival and a neutral game every year.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

True upset of the week

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Florida by a td

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Dammit LT, I hate being on the other side of you :respect:

I love UF here. I'm a UF homer but I fade them 2x as much as I play them but this is the game to play them. I watch a lot of Miami games and both Duke and Morris don't like physicality. The Gators are a physical, smash mouth team with a lot of deoth on both lines. UFs defense may be the best in the country and potentially the best ever at UF. The defensive backs arecover blankets which allows the front guys to get after the ball.

UF fans are buying up a lot of the tix so dont be surprised if UF has a slight home field advantage.
    The only troubling thing for me is that the line hasnt moved but I think a lot of people do not trust UFs offense which is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    At first glance, I saw Florida was -3 and said to myself waaaaaaaaaaaaaa?? And naturally much of SBR already started tabbing Gators as the Lock of the Millennium. Look a little deeper though. Remember that Miami was ineligible for post-season play the last two years and that suspension is now over, and this is a statement game for the Canes as if they win it, they will be back on the football map. Playing in Miami obviously helps immensely, but nothing I just said would mean anything if Miami doesn't have the players to pull the upset. Enter my key player of the game in Miami running back Duke Johnson, who was dynamite as a freshman and who rushed for 186 yards on a whopping 9.8 YPC last week, albeit vs. Little Sisters of the Poor (ooops sorry, I meant Florida Atlantic). Johnson did prove himself vs. better competition last year though, and he now has over 1200 all-purpose yards in his last five games. Obviously he hasn't faced a defense with the team speed that Florida possesses, but if he comes anywhere close to what he did over the final month of last season plus last week, then Florida won't be able to dominate time of possessions with its running game as has become its custom and I also like Miami's quarterback Stephen Morris more than I like Driskel. Of course if the Gators can put the clamps on Johnson, then Florida probably wins easily. I think he will do fine though.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

It's strength on strength with Miami's offense versus Florida's defense.
    And it's weakness on weakness with Florida's offense versus Miami's defense.

Miami will have to get a few big plays to win or Driskel will have to make a couple of bonehead decisions. Both of these things could easily happen, but on a hot day and a noon kickoff for the second game of the season, I have to side with the better defense.

* UF may bring a ton of people, but it won't give them a home field advantage.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I think it will be 60/40 Gator fans. Not really home field but a good turn out. I agree the early start and heat should favor defense.

I think UF will be able to move the ball by pushing Miami's Dline. I also think Miami players football IQ are questionable.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the fact miami has the Pinny juice is making me think twice about this

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

No way buddy. I would bet your mom on this

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

SEC guy here but passing on this game....could easily see the U win

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The key to the game for Miami is stopping UF's rushing attack for 60 minutes. If they do that, and get some pressure on Driskel, they have a chance. If Matt Jones and Mack Brown are allowed to get rolling, the Miami D-Line is going to wear out and this game won't be close.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Seems like lately Miami shits the bed when it comes to playing decent opponents.

SuperHappyTime
    SuperHappyTime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    SEC guy here but passing on this game....could easily see the U win
    Im with you. It's easy to say most SEC teams beat other teams, but UF isn't what they were under Urban Meyer Wiener, a solid winning football team. Meanwhile, I don't see Miami as a good team either. Miami is already hyped as favorite to be the Coastal Division Champ, and I don't think they deserve it. Too much uncertainty for one game, I'll pass and I'd advise everyone else the same

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Remember this boys. Last year similar spot for Miami when they played well and went into K state as 3 pint dog and lost by 600.
    Also Remember last year when everyone was jerking of in their pants about FSU. Florida won easy.
    Lots of hype on Miami now; I am not buying. Florida -3 is a bargain. Good luck.

LT Profits

60% of the ATS bets are on Florida, yet the major books are still juicing the Miami side. Only the two main rec books have rogue lines, with SIA at Fla -3 -115 and Bodog hanging a 3.5.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

which means florida in a BLOWOUT

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

I personally think the under 48 makes more sense.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Taking Miami here too but I grabbed the 3. Taking team with better QB at home.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Pinny juice

12 Last