slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Maybe best ever regular-season QB. Peyton has a losing record in the playoffs, give me a break.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Now that he got this 7 td performance under his belt for bragging rights, if he become the 1st quarterback to ever win the Superbowl with two different teams as a starter does that make him the best ever?
    He doesn't have to win the superbowl.
    Peyton is already the best ever regular season QB.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

not here to knock peyton at all...i respect the guy and im a lifelong pats fan.....but people need to stop bashing tom.....the one year he had a prime randy moss and welker he broke records and almost did the unthinkable.....peyton was playing with two hall of fame receivers in indy(and argument could be made that manning made helped make them).....in denver manning almost went there last year with decker and thomas.....now he has welker too.....he is playing with alot of talent......i know brady wasnt the force hes been when he was his superbowls.....it was a combination of good defense...good game management and limiting mistakes (although he threw the ball well against carolina and deion branch exploited philly).....but is peyton manning turning david givens, branch, troy brown and fred coleman etc into supebowl champions? i dunno

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    if you look throughout their careers think it fair to say that manning has been blessed with much better weapons at wr... i dunno who better honestly, hard to argue peyton prob the best reg season qb of all time but playoff numbers dont lie and even the year he got his ring he wasnt really all that special in the playoffs..
    let's turn this into a tommy vs manning thread, haven't had it discussed for a while

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    not here to knock peyton at all...i respect the guy and im a lifelong pats fan.....but people need to stop bashing tom.....the one year he had a prime randy moss and welker he broke records and almost did the unthinkable.....peyton was playing with two hall of fame receivers in indy(and argument could be made that manning made helped make them).....in denver manning almost went there last year with decker and thomas.....now he has welker too.....he is playing with alot of talent......i know brady wasnt the force hes been when he was his superbowls.....it was a combination of good defense...good game management and limiting mistakes (although he threw the ball well against carolina and deion branch exploited philly).....but is peyton manning turning david givens, branch, troy brown and fred coleman etc into supebowl champions? i dunno
    Vinny, Defense and all of the coaching staff = MVP of Pats 2001 to 2004

Tom has been a BETTER qb year by year AFTER those years...and what does he have to show for it? 0-2 in the Super Bowl. Defense couldn't get the late game stops to help him win more SB's with 14 and 17 points respectively.

Point proven.

slacker00

Playoff W-L for active QBs in the NFL: Brady 17-7, Roethlisberger 10-4, Flacco 9-4, Peyton 9-11, Eli 8-3

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Well Peyton Manning always plays in shitty divisions his whole career. His competition was Texans (when they were an expansion team), Jaguars (another expansion team) and the Titans (another expansion team). Now he has the Raiders, the Chargers and the Chiefs.

Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roth and a bunch of other QB's play in real tough divisions where it is harder to win. Put Peyton Manning in a tough division and he will be exposed.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    2005 PM brings Indy back from 14-0....Vanderjagt misses the fg to tie the game. Steelers win it all. Brady wins 3 SBs by a field goal apiece

Last year Denver is up 7 with 30 seconds left and Balt is 70 yds away....not exactly Mannings fault

SB vs New Orleans....Freeney goes out at half....Brees ends up 32 for 38 or something. Eli wins 2 SBs as they hold Brady to 31 total points. If Manning's playoff teams held people to 15 ppg he'd have 4 or 5 rings by now.
    true, manning didnt cost them the game on that 70 yard bomb
    he cost them the game when he threw that int in OT

true, manning didnt cost them the game when freeney went out the game
    but he cost them the game when he threw a pick 6 instead of tying the game up
    also, referencing brees' performance, only highlights manning being out performed,
    esp since brees hadnt had much playoff success and manning was being touted as the best of all time

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Yes, if Manning comes back to win the SB at his age after his injury...he will be memorialized forever.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Peyton's regular season production and playoff troubles go hand in hand.

In Indy they spent most of the money on offense, so he was putting up great numbers, but the defense sucked so that hurt in the playoffs.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    true, manning didnt cost them the game on that 70 yard bomb
    he cost them the game when he threw that int in OT

true, manning didnt cost them the game when freeney went out the game
    but he cost them the game when he threw a pick 6 instead of tying the game up
    also, referencing brees' performance, only highlights manning being out performed,
    esp since brees hadnt had much playoff success and manning was being touted as the best of all time
    2012 Manning and Broncos have a 7 point lead... little time left. Just gotta play prevent D and keep everything in front of you.... Broncos give up miracle 70 yard bomb to tie it. (what team has the moral to win after that???)

2010 Manning leads Colts to FG to take the lead vs Jets with UNDER 1 MIN left. Colts special teams immediately let the Jets run the kickoff back to the 50, and then the D easily folds and the Jets win with a last second short field goal.

2008 Manning and the Colts face the greatest punting performance in history from the Chargers on the road... the game goes to OT and the Colts offense doesn't get to see the field as the defense isn't built to get a stop when needed (which is what you need to win in playoffs)

2007 Manning has a great offensive game... the defense, however... let's the Chargers backup QB drive for TD on them. hahaha! also, Marvin Harrison huge fumble and Kenton Keith (who?) fumbles on the goaline.

2005 Going for a nice comeback and getting the game to OT @ home, Vanderjerk shanks the worst un-clutch field goal attempt in NFL history. (looks like he did it on purpose)

2000, game is in OT vs Dolphins. Manning drives the Colts to medium field goal range to win the game and Vanderjerk misses the kick. Dolphins go on to win.

Manning has had the worst luck of any QB in the playoffs in history, hardly ever had a playoff worthy type of defense throughout his career besides a couple years here and there and had a choking kicker on his team through 2005.

Last year... when the Broncos were up 7 real late and looking GOOD... as a Colts fan, I was sitting there thinking, what's going to happen to Manning in this situation? How will this game get to OT which screws over Manning's performance.

As the miracle bomb was completed... I wasn't in shock, I was LAUGHING MY ASS OFF! Glad to have Luck as QB now and not the most unlucky QB in history.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Don't have to worry about it since he won't win one.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

eight one and dones in the playoffs, he's the best regular season QB but he's just not the same guy in the playoffs.

Don't be surprised if they're 14-2 and lose in the Divisional round again.

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

No doubt he's top 3 QBs to ever play that position. He's pretty much the QB coach, the head coach, and the offensive coordinator.

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Manning has had the worst luck of any QB in the playoffs in history, hardly ever had a playoff worthy type of defense throughout his career besides a couple years here and there and had a choking kicker on his team through 2005.
    Well that's the teams fault....that's what happens when you stack the offense you don't have money left for the defense. Manning wouldn't have put up those great offensive numbers.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

2012 Manning and Broncos have a 7 point lead... little time left. Just gotta play prevent D and keep everything in front of you.... Broncos give up miracle 70 yard bomb to tie it. (what team has the moral to win after that???)

2010 Manning leads Colts to FG to take the lead vs Jets with UNDER 1 MIN left. Colts special teams immediately let the Jets run the kickoff back to the 50, and then the D easily folds and the Jets win with a last second short field goal.

2008 Manning and the Colts face the greatest punting performance in history from the Chargers on the road... the game goes to OT and the Colts offense doesn't get to see the field as the defense isn't built to get a stop when needed (which is what you need to win in playoffs)

2007 Manning has a great offensive game... the defense, however... let's the Chargers backup QB drive for TD on them. hahaha! also, Marvin Harrison huge fumble and Kenton Keith (who?) fumbles on the goaline.

2005 Going for a nice comeback and getting the game to OT @ home, Vanderjerk shanks the worst un-clutch field goal attempt in NFL history. (looks like he did it on purpose)

2000, game is in OT vs Dolphins. Manning drives the Colts to medium field goal range to win the game and Vanderjerk misses the kick. Dolphins go on to win.

Last year... when the Broncos were up 7 real late and looking GOOD... as a Colts fan, I was sitting there thinking, what's going to happen to Manning in this situation? How will this game get to OT which screws over Manning's performance.

As the miracle bomb was completed... I wasn't in shock, I was LAUGHING MY ASS OFF! Glad to have Luck as QB now and not the most unlucky QB in history.

yes , manning has had some bad luck
    but flacco outplayed manning did he not?
    brees outplayed manning did he not?
    manning did not even play well in his only superbowl win

u dont have an explanation for his pick6 vs the saints
    i dont understand ur explanation for mannings game ending int vs the broncos last year
    the broncos showed plenty of heart and held serve with the ravens after a huge letdown
    i mean the person that ended the game was ............... peyton manning

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Well that's the teams fault....that's what happens when you stack the offense you don't have money left for the defense. Manning wouldn't have put up those great offensive numbers.
    You don't know how happy I am to not be watching a sit in cover 2 zone defense and hope to get into 3rd and longs to send 2 spinning DE's after the QB and hope for the best. Watching CB's back 10 yards off of a WR on 3rd and 7... etc

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    yes , manning has had some bad luck
    but flacco outplayed manning did he not?
    brees outplayed manning did he not?
    manning did not even play well in his only superbowl win

u dont have an explanation for his pick6 vs the saints
    i dont understand ur explanation for mannings game ending int vs the broncos last year
    the broncos showed plenty of heart and held serve with the ravens after a huge letdown
    i mean the person that ended the game was ............... peyton manning
    Manning is the past for the Colts gueye

He got impatient maybe, rolled out vs the Ravens and threw a dumbass pass (Favre)

Super Bowl is on the line vs Saints... he knew if he didn't get a score the game was over. Saints went for broke to force quick decisions from him by complex blitzing and Peyton and Reggie messed up a quick connection that they had made a million times before. Do you blame Reggie or Manning? both are HOF'ers. How about you give some credit to Porter who blitzed the pass and probably sensed something about the play and figured out what route was coming from Reggie. Porter did his homework and put it to use in the most critical of situations. Who cares? It's been 4 years.

I didn't even list the 2009 Super Bowl as a game in my list of game's where Manning was unlucky gueye

Flacco took advantage of Champ Bailey looking like a washed up bum over and over and then got his hail mary because a defender turned into someone who looked like he was on ice-skates for the first time in his life

If that hail mary didn't connect... I wouldn't have had the chance to make my Super Bowl Lock Thread on the Raven's spread vs 49'ers and hammer it with a big bet

Money > who you want to win/lose in sports (98% of the time lol)

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

woah woah woah. how can ppl leave jamarcus russell out of the equation? his ability to eat 3 large cheese pizzas while simultaneously take snaps puts him RIGHT up there with manning.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady will always be the best
    go to 5 superbowls with average players

game over

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I feel as though Manning makes people around him look great. No saying he didnt have already skilled weapons. I feel Tom Brady is blessed to be within such a great system, look at the year Brady was hurt, Matt Cassell still excelled. Is Cassel an above average QB? I wouldny say so. He didnt do aswell as Brady, but still did really good. Look at the year the Colts lost Peyton, they ended up with the first overall pick. Essentially I feel like Peyton can be put anywhere and he'd succeed. I cant say the same abouy Brady. Not saying he wouldnt, but I doubt he'd be as good.
    there def some merit to that, as i said i wasnt trying to say one way or the other but cassel was much better than the shit that played in indy the year peyton was out, not to mention that team straight up quit as it was a internal memo to the organization that it would be better if they went ahead and lost every gm they could cause their future was playing at stanford.. at same time reggie wayne looked damn good w/o peyton last yr, marvin harrison would have looked good with anyone, i could make a pro bowl passing to the weapons he has now...it all relative they are both great qbs, peyton prob the greatest reg season qb of all time, brady no slouch himself, sure he was in great system and only won superbowls when they were filming other teams practices, give me montana for all time great but he had a great system and the greatest wr of all time..

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Will Peyton Manning be the best ever if he wins the Superbowl with the Broncos
    No, has has fuked up too many times

genghis518
    genghis518's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2792

Top 5 all time. Thats still pretty good.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

game over
    but shady brady hasnt won since his master stopped cheating

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I guess none of you dumb@sses didn't even took the time to read the questionI said Manning has a chance to become the 1st guy in NFL history to ever win the ring with two different teams and be the best ever, something Brady, Montana, Elway, or anyone else can say. Kurt Warner came the closest with the Rams and Arizona.
    maybe if montana had the luxury of hgh he could have also increased his arm strength when he was pushing 40 and coming off bunch of surgeries and won 1 with kc...

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    but shady brady hasnt won since his master stopped cheating
    So they only videotaped during Super Bowls? even that doesn't make sense.

slacker00

Manning hasn't won a single playoff game with Denver. Warner took 2 teams to the Super Bowl, Montana & Favre each took a 2nd team to a conference championship, even Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson & Doug Williams could win a playoff game with a different team. Peyton is great in the regular season but flounders in the playoffs for whatever reason.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Manning hasn't won a single playoff game with Denver. Warner took 2 teams to the Super Bowl, Montana & Favre each took a 2nd team to a conference championship, even Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson & Doug Williams could win a playoff game with a different team. Peyton is great in the regular season but flounders in the playoffs for whatever reason.
    He's played 1 playoff game as a Bronco and it was over if his d knew how to not give up a hail mary

you sound like he is 0-3 in the playoffs with the Broncos

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

He's played 1 playoff game as a Bronco and it was over if his d knew how to not give up a hail mary

True, but after that he performed horribly and threw the pick that basically ended it. He has a losing playoff record. Brady owns him. He's not close to the best ever and he won't be if he wins the Superbowl this season (which he won't). He inherited a team that won a playoff game with Tim fukkin' Tebow at the helm. He didn't get picked up by a bunch of scrubs.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

game over

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

He's the best regular season QB ever for whatever that's worth.

slacker00

He was a 10 point favorite. By the odds, it's like losing 3 games in 1.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Maybe Tebow can teach how to win a playoff game...

I bet him for MVP this year, probably ends up in a wheelchair before the playoffs start now...

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

The year he won in Indy was because of the defense, not him.

Scorpion
    Update your status

THEY YEAR INDY LOST THE SUPER BOWL WAS BECAUSE OF HIM - PICK 6

First 123 Last